Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ASEAN CUP 1/10 nitro

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by TPRacing
Coz RC is FUN, winning or losing a race is nothing, learning and gaining experience from every races is the most important of all - and that's what a good driver usually has.
Wong, you spoke like a Pro.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by spawn
I think you are right, only slightly cheaper. let's have a 3 port racelar, some of the guys still have their GS 3 port engines (pink heatsink head). Not as fast as nova but heck its fun.
And I'll take out my 3 port STS engine and put it on the 710 !
Old 03-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
Wong, you spoke like a Pro.
LEAD BY EXAMPLE...time to stash the 5 ports aside.

Old 03-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by InitialD
And I'll take out my 3 port STS engine and put it on the 710 !
you sure its still 3 port! if yes, then remember to only use std plug, turbo plugs not allowed. I have 1 extra #8.
Old 03-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Iskandar,

thousand apolagies if SARAWAKIANS were offended that they were poor organisers... at the whole time I did not mention that Sarawakians are poor organisers or I would assume that if thats what you meant Iskandar,I merely stated the organiser was incompetant and if they had any spirit of competition they would accept my inputs as a platform for future improvement!

Firstly of all THE OTHER DRIVERS THAT YOU MEANT WERE KEEPING QUITE were having Chairs they all were at least 3 chairs to a table ...Did you come to my table? Did you read that I HAD TO GIVE a ULTIMATUM for the TABLE that we had??...trust me If I have the time you would see me organising which is already in the pipeline.... but then again My perspective comes as a DRIVER!not an organiser! heres my perspective and point again in a summarized version if you didnt understand my previous post .

I as a driver take pain in planning to come to this event which is so called ASEAN CUP(regional cup) spends about average 2000 RM in preparations comes to a race with no tables and chairs but only excuse is its on the way and that they have already brought in more than enough?? excuses are always easy way to get out of trouble but to be able to fix a problem when it has happened is the reposibility of every organiser or individual..
it all bogs down to planning which in turn is processes and contingency plans.
Most drivers would just keep quite and do what they can because thay are already there and have no choice but accept what have been dished out at them or its turn and walk out which I believe many would not as they are already there! and again if no one would voice out thier unhappiness would this event take a turn for the better??HAS anybody here ever took the initiative to at the very least give suggestion in improving the next years event but to say otherwise!
Look HERE ALL FELLOW RACERS!! this is OUR HOBBY AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!!!DO YOU WANT TO SEE OUR COUNTRY HOST THE NEXT WORLD EVENT? so if your answer is yes everybody would have to put behind thier damn selfish gain and change the whole damn RC SCENE and improve on our own attitude towards this hobby !the more we argue over who shouldnt do this who shouldnt do that the more it becomes delusion over the MISSION here!
WONG I agree with you on the fact of having fun! but believe me I WAS NOT HAVING FUN SITTING on the damn floor!nor calvin or chai kok chin(HPC) there were 3 of us drivers and a pitcrew to a music chair!hahaha!!!

(here I do not justify this as other drivers have more chairs but the fact that the drivers area was not a controlled area hence the abuse!!again here is management of the race! any tom dick and harry can come in!!!hahaha somebody lost a tyre truer and a bag of serpent parts!) I am sad to say that the benchmark I am using to evaluate was a Penang race and a race I witness in Bangkok.
the asean cup was just a mere weekend race standard and not of a regional RACE standard .

FEEDBACKS are all you have have to improve on your shortcomings!
ISKANDAR I really hope you can tell it to my face and say that you are voicing out for somebody and not yourself and that you have forgotten that I was that poor fellow for half of the days race without a proper sitting!

So all in all looking at the big picture...
ASEAN CUP- a regional race where we call it our own
Professionalsm in handling and conducting a regional race.Rulesand regulation conducted or stipulated by drivers themselfs.
Bringing the hobby to another level and recognition as a sport.
i think I need somemore inputs here so FELLOW drivers please assist.....add along!!!that would be our mission statement for the Asean cup....

last but not least the known BULLDOG!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by crashed_1

Thanks man, i will drop by this afternoon to pick up your massimo. Tell you what I will buy you a new novarossi 3 port for that.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Bulldog, Damn......you sure can write, maybe you be politician instead.....
Old 03-17-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by snoopy
Bulldog, Damn......you sure can write, maybe you be politician instead.....
U don't want to meet him on the track his nickname (hint hint) tells all
Old 03-17-2004, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to divert but I want to state my experience so far. Although I have only been to 2 big races, I truly enjoyed both of them. First was the race organised by Pitstop, some 120++ racers, very well organised and fun with many of the good drivers there. Enough chairs and they also oblighed to my request for a portable toilet. Really good marshalling, good layout and location. Too bad that they are now into EP. Second race was also fun but it was far, S2, very well organised too with some 120++ racers, good drivers were there too. Both had enough chairs and tables. The main problem I saw during the race was that the some of the other driver had like 4 -5 pit crew and occupied my poor pit crew's area, pit crews running across the track without looking - cars hitting the crew and some pit crew were standing in the pit lane!!. Penalties should be strict for this!.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:28 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by crashed_1
And get a 3 port Massimo or the RR12L3?
Old 03-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by cow buster
U don't want to meet him on the track his nickname (hint hint) tells all
hahahaha...while he drives a R40 he won't be a very strong bulldog on the track......
Old 03-17-2004, 10:30 PM
Tech Prophet

you sure its still 3 port! if yes, then remember to only use std plug, turbo plugs not allowed. I have 1 extra #8.
From the last time I counted, it still is.

No turbo plug? I thought IFMAR already lifted the turbo plug ban? Well, if you insist on non turbo plug, can... I'll just change the button head and you provide the plugs !
Old 03-17-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Master

hahahaha...while he drives a R40 he won't be a very strong bulldog on the track......

So when is your next trip to KL? with the rate at 3 you buy a serpant 710 for AUS400
Old 03-17-2004, 10:33 PM
Tech Prophet

Enough chairs and they also oblighed to my request for a portable toilet.
What's the use of the single toilet when half way through, somebody practically bombed the toilet !
Old 03-17-2004, 10:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Eh, don't say that too loud ! Fastharry would pop in and smash your head if he heard you say that !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.