SERPENT MALAYSIA - News, Support & Discussion Centre

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SERPENT MALAYSIA - News, Support & Discussion Centre

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Adept

tot the LE already out of stock...still have any?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Adept

Helo Serpent,
I have a LE S411, and I have to say it is a nice well finishing kit. So far i have only one headache question need to check with serpent's expert here. I am having some minor friction when I spin my gear diff, is this normal? I have checked several times and tried without the small shim from the small gears. But the friction is still there. Could it be the gears are made by metal or it only uses 2 gears and causing the friction? Just wondering, why it comes in metal and not composite type. Although it's more durable but the weight will have to sacrifice up to 2 times heavier than composites.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by samhun
Helo Serpent,
I have a LE S411, and I have to say it is a nice well finishing kit. So far i have only one headache question need to check with serpent's expert here. I am having some minor friction when I spin my gear diff, is this normal? I have checked several times and tried without the small shim from the small gears. But the friction is still there. Could it be the gears are made by metal or it only uses 2 gears and causing the friction? Just wondering, why it comes in metal and not composite type. Although it's more durable but the weight will have to sacrifice up to 2 times heavier than composites.
Its actually normal when its new and not been run. It needs break in period to smooth it out. Depends on what class you are running, like me running mod, took like 7-9 runs until the diff smooth out. If you are running stock unboosted maybe it will take some more time. Some people do the break in on bench by using a drill press connected to the diff outdrive and put some kind of rubbing compound (ie: i heard toothpaste works too) inside the diff and run it both rotation that way to break in the diff gears....but i ve never tried it though.

Just for info, its from my personal experience with this car, running it first time still with un-broken in diff, will make the car looks like its oversteer on-power out of corners very badly. Just bare with it for a while until the diff is fully broken in (smooth), after that the oversteer will go away. In my case, I was chasing set ups like crazy to prevent that, while I should have just run it until it smooth out........I love the diff design in this car, very durable, consistent, and most of all it do not leak like some brands out there, talking about it, I read from RedRC report that Serpent is making a new improve one coming together with the TE version of this car.
Old 02-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New in RC

Want to buy a Serpent 733 complete to run. Any idea how much all together or where I can get one? Best price is more than welcome...Thanks in advance
Old 02-06-2012, 04:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bugs73
Want to buy a Serpent 733 complete to run. Any idea how much all together or where I can get one? Best price is more than welcome...Thanks in advance
Where r u stayin???
Old 02-06-2012, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HuruHara
Where r u stayin???
Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Newbies

I am from Rawang.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bugs73
I am from Rawang.
Dial this 0133820000 or 0104051111....
Old 02-07-2012, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dial this 0133820000 or 0104051111....
ishkkk...patut ada org call.... area KL call 0122010792 Mizan Hobby
Old 02-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Shuhakimi
ishkkk...patut ada org call.... area KL call 0122010792 Mizan Hobby
Maklum ler...nombor cantek niihhh senang nak ingat..hehehe
Old 02-07-2012, 11:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dameetz
Its actually normal when its new and not been run. It needs break in period to smooth it out. Depends on what class you are running, like me running mod, took like 7-9 runs until the diff smooth out. If you are running stock unboosted maybe it will take some more time. Some people do the break in on bench by using a drill press connected to the diff outdrive and put some kind of rubbing compound (ie: i heard toothpaste works too) inside the diff and run it both rotation that way to break in the diff gears....but i ve never tried it though.

Just for info, its from my personal experience with this car, running it first time still with un-broken in diff, will make the car looks like its oversteer on-power out of corners very badly. Just bare with it for a while until the diff is fully broken in (smooth), after that the oversteer will go away. In my case, I was chasing set ups like crazy to prevent that, while I should have just run it until it smooth out........I love the diff design in this car, very durable, consistent, and most of all it do not leak like some brands out there, talking about it, I read from RedRC report that Serpent is making a new improve one coming together with the TE version of this car.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Yes I will break in the gear diff first and see how it goes. Probably 3 packs of batt. I've heard the new Team Edition S411 will also change something new in the shocks system.

Last edited by samhun; 02-07-2012 at 05:33 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Adept

Hi serpent,
I started my first serpent impulse the first version sinced 12 years ago, well I have to say it was a great car and made me became a fan of serpent's products. Recently, i just bought a new S411 limited edition and when i install the front C-hubs and steering block, I notice the steering block need to swap each from left to right, which I get "R" steering block with "L" C-hub on left side of my kit and it fit perfectly. I also tested to put the "L" steering block and "L" C-hub on the Left but it doesn't fit and it makes the balljoint on top the C-hubs rubbing the wheels. The instruction manual doesn't says and show nothing about left and right positioning which is the headache part how to follow it.
So far I've noticed few issues of this kit, such as following:
1) Steering block printed wrong direction of the word "R" and "L". (correct me if i'm wrong)
2) Differential has 2 small gears with extra 2 shims but it doesn't shown in the instruction manual.
3) In the initial pages of instruction manual, it shows the rear lower arm pin need to have 3 bushings in the front part. But at the ending pages of the instruction manual shown the 3 bushings are suppose locate at the end part. I'm so confused why is the instruction manual missing so much of description and explanation.
I also have Xray products, their instruction manual is more clearly and more detailing than any other brand. I'm not saying they are the best but at least they have most of the basic steps done well such as item details, description and guidelines. I do hope the Serpent will have some improvement on Product Q.C and more details on the instruction manual.
With the confident and support to Serpent, I will keep on Using serpent's products till the next season. Cheers and all the best.

Thank you,
Samhun

Last edited by samhun; 02-07-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by samhun
Hi serpent,
I started my first serpent impulse the first version sinced 12 years ago, well I have to say it was a great car and made me became a fan of serpent's products. Recently, i just bought a new S411 limited edition and when i install the front C-hubs and steering block, I notice the steering block need to swap each from left to right, which I get "R" steering block with "L" C-hub on left side of my kit and it fit perfectly. I also tested to put the "L" steering block and "L" C-hub on the Left but it doesn't fit and it makes the balljoint on top the C-hubs rubbing the wheels. The instruction manual doesn't says and show nothing about left and right positioning which is the headache part how to follow it.
So far I've noticed few issues of this kit, such as following:
1) Steering block printed wrong direction of the word "R" and "L". (correct me if i'm wrong)
2) Differential has 2 small gears with extra 2 shims but it doesn't shown in the instruction manual.
3) In the initial pages of instruction manual, it shows the rear lower arm pin need to have 3 bushings in the front part. But at the ending pages of the instruction manual shown the 3 bushings are suppose locate at the end part. I'm so confused why is the instruction manual missing so much of description and explanation.
I also have Xray products, their instruction manual is more clearly and more detailing than any other brand. I'm not saying they are the best but at least they have most of the basic steps done well such as item details, description and guidelines. I do hope the Serpent will have some improvement on Product Q.C and more details on the instruction manual.
With the confident and support to Serpent, I will keep on Using serpent's products till the next season. Cheers and all the best.

Thank you,
Samhun

Thanks for your loyalty !!! BRAVO !!!
Old 02-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Tech Adept

Not just to say LOYALTY, but it gives me the feel like my ex girlfriend!
Old 02-08-2012, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

AKU TK LOYAL KE ZAM?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.