Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Whatever u do, please don't tell my mom or my wife

Originally Posted by SuperEk4
joe, nice pixs u hv too many cars i think u spent a bomb
Old 01-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

Not just a bomb... a few bombs ...But that is understandable... ain't we all big bombers...

Joe...this what I did.... disable BEC on Mamba Max.... then notice it can run on 4S hehe

But of course MMM is the best right now... my next project XRay will use this MMM ESC too... now.. i just too busy digging with.. i think u know what...
Old 01-28-2009, 03:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeling
Whatever u do, please don't tell my mom or my wife
haha I wnt, I once had too many also, sold all except 4. How long can a 4s 5000 lipo last in terms of mins.I m using feigao 9xl motor
Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Hi guys, would like to ask about run time. May I know how to calculate estimate run time? If I use 4000KV motor with 4000mAh 7.4V 25C Lipo. Thanks.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

I'm no expert & can only speak from my personal experience. For truggy, power consumption will be more (silly me kind of obvious ya ?). I am using Neu 1515 2000KV (similar dimensions as the feigao except with fins) with 5S 5000mah or 6000mah. With the 5000mah, my run time is around 15 minutes at my local track. I think I should make 20 minutes with the 6000mah.

My guess is around 10 to 15 minutes. Sorry if I am unable to be more specific .

haha I wnt, I once had too many also, sold all except 4. How long can a 4s 5000 lipo last in terms of mins.I m using feigao 9xl motor
Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 01-28-2009, 06:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frost
Not just a bomb... a few bombs ...But that is understandable... ain't we all big bombers...

Joe...this what I did.... disable BEC on Mamba Max.... then notice it can run on 4S hehe

But of course MMM is the best right now... my next project XRay will use this MMM ESC too... now.. i just too busy digging with.. i think u know what...
Bro..whst is MMM????
Old 01-28-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by azmin
Bro..whst is MMM????
Mamba Monster ESC
Old 01-28-2009, 06:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mamba Monster ESC
OIC.....whats the Amp rating?..120A?...

Have U guys seen 1:8 scale HOBBYWING 150A?..Any comment on its performance??...Is HOBBYWING A GOOD ANd RELIABLE BRAND?..

MMM is expensive...lorrr
Old 01-28-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

They're not saying. What the boss man said was something like this - most of the amp ratings of escs in the market are over inflated & not realistic. So, they refuse to play the numbers game & so do not quote an amp rating for the esc. Only thing they said that it is more than enough for 8th scale application. Personally, I think there is some truth to this. Imagine, 100A sustained will melt all the solder joints in no time

Have U guys seen 1:8 scale HOBBYWING 150A?..Any comment on its performance??...Is HOBBYWING A GOOD ANd RELIABLE BRAND?..

MMM is expensive...lorrr
I'm kind of intrigued by the Hobbywing esc too. Anyone got experience ? How much ?

Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 01-28-2009, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

MMM is expensive...lorrr

Well, sometimes to have something good, there is always the price to pay, Lol...................But in other hand, somehow , my philosophy is also, there are also some things, fair priced BUT yet reliable, it all depends on how u set it up, and whether we are putting the LOAD to the system or not??? Just like in Malaysia, we see people putting in EVO 3 engines to our beloved PROTON WIRA, to some is WHOAAAA!! POWER Ohhh!! But to some experts.....they will say that Brotha.......WIRA chassis only for up to 140HP lar.........If you actually put them to tests.......the chassis cant handle the power of the EVO3 engine.....but still at times, it shines in our drag track or some "haram test track"...though im not an expert in EP.....consider still learning lar........But somethings in theory wont "Lari" much lar......Err....I believe we are TESTING it as we speak.........Hobbywing.....so far so good lar.......and also depending how far our budget can "tarik".......some like to spend "tembak" ..........some like to spend "with calculative risk" ...err like me.....kekeke.........and some will spend " hey!! I got money to spare......."kong" buang aje lar......!! So i guess it all depends lar..Bro............ ........But Bro......im sure we are testing same spesies lar..................kekekkekekekeke...........let s LEARN together lor.........in R/C , we have to learn like Kindergarden kids mar.....but sometimes we tend to hit the Jackpot when we troubleshoot........i think you should know what im talking about ya Bro.......kekkeeke...........yr 1/8 EP bug now shiok ka??
Old 01-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeling
They're not saying. What the boss man said was something like this - most of the amp ratings of escs in the market are over inflated & not realistic. So, they refuse to play the numbers game & so do not quote an amp rating for the esc. Only thing they said that it is more than enough for 8th scale application. Personally, I think there is some truth to this. Imagine, 100A sustained will melt all the solder joints in no time

I'm kind of intrigued by the Hobbywing esc too. Anyone got experience ? How much ?

Regards,
Joe Ling

Bro Joeling......after so many tests & experiences...............what will be the preferred systems for 1/8 EP??? WHat is your preference?? ..............I really need to learn as much as possible.........EPEPEP......1/8 EP.......I believe there is some truth in your statement "most of the amp ratings of escs in the market are over inflated & not realistic. So, they refuse to play the numbers game & so do not quote an amp rating for the esc. Only thing they said that it is more than enough for 8th scale application."

We as consumers & hobby shops needs to always keep ourselves updated with what is going on in the real WORLD,this is really an interesting SUBJECT to go into......let's learn together.............

To all SIFUs ....please give us a LIGHT...........
Old 01-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hi bro, care to share how much do you invest on brushless system in your CRT? I also have CRT and plannig to convert it to EP
Old 01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 56 (98%+)

ok.... let me give some input... i have a that ESC... it like have glitches man, inconsistent... I don't like the throttle feel, which makes me not sure how the quality of the FETs. So there goes... maybe I have a crappy unit, but that's mine anyway.

I have not tried long runs, high voltage, high amperes, so I'm not sure how it behaves when hot.

My opinion about ESC amp rating... in general.. take about 55-60%, especially China stuff.

My rating so far.. .6/10
Old 01-28-2009, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Aiyah, I still learning too lah.

For buggy :

1) ESC - MMM v3
2) motor - Neu 1512 2600KV (60mm long with fins)
3) Battery - Polyquest 4S 6000mah 25C (that's 150A sustained !) lipo. These are Enerland based cells made in Korea

This setup can run for more than 20minutes in race condition. Already done 1 full length race (20minutes) & numerous 5 minutes heats with it in local conditions.

Alternatively, I think a Neu 1512 2000KV with 5S lipo should even be better but I am too lazy to try at the moment.

The medusa line of motors looks quite interesting as well at only half price ! I getting a 70mm long one for my E REVO

For truggy :

1) ESC - MMM v3
2) motor - Neu 1515 2000KV (70+mm long with fins)
3) Battery - Polyquest 5S 5000mah or 5S 6000mah lipo

This setup with the bigger battery should make 20 minutes. Done a race with this setup too.

For Savage Monster truck

1) ESC - MMM
2) motor Feigao 9XL
3) battery - Zippy 5S 5000mah 20C lipo (China brand)

For E-REVO (upcoming project - wish me luck)

1) ESC - MMM
2) motor - Medusa afterburner V2 70mm 1600kv
3) Battery - Rhino 3S 4900mah 20C lipo (China brand)

Looking ahead, we should request manufacturers to make some HV setups capable of 10S or more. The higher the voltage, the less heat & the more efficient. The ESC is again the bottleneck here .

Batteries should become smaller & lighter & yet improve on their capacity .

Originally Posted by Radical Freaks
Bro Joeling......after so many tests & experiences...............what will be the preferred systems for 1/8 EP??? WHat is your preference?? ..............I really need to learn as much as possible.........EPEPEP......1/8 EP.......I believe there is some truth in your statement "most of the amp ratings of escs in the market are over inflated & not realistic. So, they refuse to play the numbers game & so do not quote an amp rating for the esc. Only thing they said that it is more than enough for 8th scale application."

We as consumers & hobby shops needs to always keep ourselves updated with what is going on in the real WORLD,this is really an interesting SUBJECT to go into......let's learn together.............

To all SIFUs ....please give us a LIGHT...........
Regards,
Joe Ling

PS : Now go sell a bunch of your EP kit & start to populate Malaysia with 8th scale ep buggy & truggy. Get VIOS off his bum & work him hard to sell more
Old 01-28-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by catkchun
Hi bro, care to share how much do you invest on brushless system in your CRT? I also have CRT and plannig to convert it to EP
Ok here goes, MMMv3 us170, conversion RCM us$100( can DIY ), Zippy 4s 5000 us$84 , pinion gear us $11. last better than engine n BEST NO NEED TO TUNE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.