Wiki Posts
Search

new products and comments

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 07:52 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: L. Collari Engine Xs210

Originally posted by GNC
InitialD, do you think Nova carb can fix into Collari crankcase?
I would not know about the new crankcase which is based on the Rossi design but I know that the older Collari engine that is based on the Picco crankcase design will fit the Nova carb nicely.

I saw pics on your website of the engine internals and they look very nice. How was the break in of the engine? I know that if indeed Rossi made those engines, the piston sleeve fitting will be VERY tight and will take very long time to break in. Not to say that this is crappy... Just that Rossi claims that their piston sleeve sets are machined and made specifically for each other. Some say that they are made by some kind of ceramic material. And their piston sleeve sets are known to last a very long time too.

Originally posted by GNC
I hope that you can pay us a visit then we can let you try this engine...
Would surely like to try the engine out. Yes, a lot of people use Nova carbs expecially on Picco and Sirio engines. Apparently, they give better and more accurate carb tuning.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:12 PM
GNC

Default Re: Re: L. Collari Engine Xs210

Originally posted by InitialD
I saw pics on your website of the engine internals and they look very nice. How was the break in of the engine? I know that if indeed Rossi made those engines, the piston sleeve fitting will be VERY tight and will take very long time to break in. Not to say that this is crappy... Just that Rossi claims that their piston sleeve sets are machined and made specifically for each other. Some say that they are made by some kind of ceramic material. And their piston sleeve sets are known to last a very long time too.

Would surely like to try the engine out. Yes, a lot of people use Nova carbs expecially on Picco and Sirio engines. Apparently, they give better and more accurate carb tuning.
Actually, L. Collari have done some modified on their engine. We don't have any jam in the middle of break-in. Just only once or twice jam for 10 fuel tanks. XS210 is just normal ABC type material engine. XS390/400 (.21 size) is using the ceramic material for their sleeve. And just only OS carb and heatsink can fix in the Rossi based engine.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Re: Re: L. Collari Engine Xs210

Originally posted by GNC
And just only OS carb and heatsink can fix in the Rossi based engine.
Thanks for the reply GNC. You mean Nova carbs cannot fit onto this Collari engine and the only thing that fits is the OS carb and OS heatsink?