Engine leaking

Old 09-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kareem
Thanks "newbies TeeKuang" aka sifus and all gurus for answering my "real" newbie question. Really apprecite it. So, the conclusion saliva is the most effective method to know the engine temp and cheap is it? Will try to search on the net how this salive work. Thanks again
You are welcome.. about i'm calling myself a newbie, it's not a sarcasm.. i'm really still a newbie. Just to share what I know that's all.. yeap, the saliva test is cheapest, you just need a glass of teh o ais after that . put your saliva on top of heatsink, If your saliva sizzles immediately that means your engine is too hot, if it sizzles but saliva slowly dry up, you are at the right temp. the most important is to listen to the sound of your engine and look for trail of smoke, about the sound, I really donno how to describe it. Also, that's another method that is by checking your glow plug, but this require new glow plug to check whether you are at rich side or lean side, if your plug coil is shiny or wet after 1 or 2 tank, you tune it right and your engine will have a longer life (after few more tanks your glow plug turns slightly gray it's normal, even it's shiny for first of 2nd tank). if new glow plug turns gray after 1 of 2 tanks, you are too lean. you'll learn it sooner after you tune your engine for few times. but remember, if you find that your engine is really hard to tune, no matter how you tune it, just change a new glow plug. I prefer OS P3 plug for my HoBao engine. as usual, saya budak baru belajar, kalau salah, tolong jolokkan.... haha

Last edited by TeeKuang; 09-20-2007 at 09:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

teekuang ur just tooo humble liaw..
but really thx for ur tips..
here one more thing i ask.. my gasket just kon liaw~~ so i cut a leader beg to fix the gasket ~~ izzit can use ??
and u know ahh ~~ got 2 skrew to skrew my mainford but some time because of vibrating it would come out.. so i use treak lock... can it really lock it from come out ?? or any better way ?
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vios8820
teekuang ur just tooo humble liaw..
but really thx for ur tips..
here one more thing i ask.. my gasket just kon liaw~~ so i cut a leader beg to fix the gasket ~~ izzit can use ??
and u know ahh ~~ got 2 skrew to skrew my mainford but some time because of vibrating it would come out.. so i use treak lock... can it really lock it from come out ?? or any better way ?
I'm just try to help, what gasket is that? which part? exhaust manifold? screw type? just go to auto spare shop to buy the gasket paper and cut it yourself, the paper is dirt cheap, the best is buy asbestos based paper, because it can withstand higher temp. but normal paper "cranflex brand" will do it flawlessly. put a thin layer of oil on the gasket before tightening. http://www.conjointexport.co.uk/Near...anflex_pic.jpg no, don't use leather bag. the thread lock don't work well on hi temp parts, it will melt. the best is use spring washer. http://www.nan-long.com/products/Fas...%20washers.jpg
Old 09-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

one more thing, for new gasket, start the engine let it warm up play for few laps after that, you should re check/tighten the screw after engine cools down. because the gasket will settle down. after that, enjoy your RC!
Old 09-22-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by FlyinHigh
try spraying with water, back plate, cabureter neck, plug, low and high needle etc, if engine dies when contact with water you have a leak. read this somewhere !
i wanted to try this but scared of something bad is going to happen. any one can confirm if its safe for the crank case?
Old 09-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Ohh thx alot TeeKuang ~~
i got wat u mean liaw gonna buy today... ^^
erm one more thing ahh ~~ izzit very high RPM and the second gear change very very fast in highway does this cause the plug faliue easy ??
i planning to get a new stater box soon ~ any review on Thunder tiger starter box ? tat small small type de.. izzit enoug power to roll my flywheel ?? because my compression is damn kau kau ~~ even sometime only the battery week ahh it also can't start... <::::::: my old starter box..
Old 09-23-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by vios8820
Ohh thx alot TeeKuang ~~
i got wat u mean liaw gonna buy today... ^^
erm one more thing ahh ~~ izzit very high RPM and the second gear change very very fast in highway does this cause the plug faliue easy ??
i planning to get a new stater box soon ~ any review on Thunder tiger starter box ? tat small small type de.. izzit enoug power to roll my flywheel ?? because my compression is damn kau kau ~~ even sometime only the battery week ahh it also can't start... <::::::: my old starter box..
I'm not really understand your question.. let me guess, you are worry that glow plug will spoil when you over rev your engine? I don't think glow plug will fail under that condition if your engine fuel mixture is not lean. the only parts that you should concern most is conrod, conrod will snap if you over rev your engine. Crankshaft's pin also may snap.
Old 09-23-2007, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

yeap ~~ coz normally my plug will die.. after 5-6tank run... izzit normal ??
because i using GO plug.. <:::: taiwan plug.... #5 for 25% nitro fuel.. izzit match ??? but last time i use #8 OS plug b4 also... untill one gallon fuel also plug look spaking new... i got another extra #6 LRP plug also... it also can't last long like the OS plug... sooo izzit possible OS plug are more long lasting than other plug ?? hopefully that u knw wat i mean...
sorry my poor english but hope u understand..

^^ i have also already install the spring washer... hope that skrew will not felt out...