nEED HELP ON rADIO/CONTROLLER >

nEED HELP ON rADIO/CONTROLLER

nEED HELP ON rADIO/CONTROLLER

Old 09-07-2007, 04:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default nEED HELP ON rADIO/CONTROLLER

Hi..need some help on Radio/controller.

1)When buy 2nd hand radio which does not have receiver..does it means that I have to buy the crystal also?

2)When buy new receiver..will it come together with crystal?

3) If I bought a car equipped with receiver but without radio , do I need to buy the radio only or also the crystal?

4) Crystal determines the frequency?

5) If i have 3 cars with 3 different receiver (one receiver attached for each car), can I use the same radio (i have only one radio) with 3 different crystal interchangebly?... I mean..after i finished playing with my 1st car..can I then change the crystal..and play the 2nd car..and so on..?..
Old 09-07-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

1)When buy 2nd hand radio which does not have receiver..does it means that I have to buy the crystal also? Depand do the seller give you the crystal

2)When buy new receiver..will it come together with crystal?Dunno, need to ask pro as I never buy new radio, sorry

3) If I bought a car equipped with receiver but without radio , do I need to buy the radio only or also the crystal?Depand on the car seller do give you crystal

4) Crystal determines the frequency?Yes

5) If i have 3 cars with 3 different receiver (one receiver attached for each car), can I use the same radio (i have only one radio) with 3 different crystal interchangebly?... I mean..after i finished playing with my 1st car..can I then change the crystal..and play the 2nd car..and so on..?.. Yes, you can use one radio if all 3 receiver same model and can be use on that radio.
Old 09-07-2007, 05:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tkhoo

1)When buy 2nd hand radio which does not have receiver..does it means that I have to buy the crystal also? Depand do the seller give you the crystal

2)When buy new receiver..will it come together with crystal?Dunno, need to ask pro as I never buy new radio, sorry

3) If I bought a car equipped with receiver but without radio , do I need to buy the radio only or also the crystal?Depand on the car seller do give you crystal

4) Crystal determines the frequency?Yes

5) If i have 3 cars with 3 different receiver (one receiver attached for each car), can I use the same radio (i have only one radio) with 3 different crystal interchangebly?... I mean..after i finished playing with my 1st car..can I then change the crystal..and play the 2nd car..and so on..?.. Yes, you can use one radio if all 3 receiver same model and can be use on that radio.
For question no. 5, if the receiver is 3 different receiver(different brand/model)..then how?

There is one slot at my radio which shows the frequency. Can I take it out and put another crystal?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by azmin
For question no. 5, if the receiver is 3 different receiver(different brand/model)..then how? I have to have 3 radio?

1)There is one slot at my radio which shows the frequency number. Is that the crystal??Can I take it out and put another crystal?

2)Can any crystal fit into any radio?

3) If the radio have crystal but no receiver (2nd hand)..can I just buy any brand/model receiver?
Old 09-07-2007, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by azmin
2)Can any crystal fit into any radio?

3) If the radio have crystal but no receiver (2nd hand)..can I just buy any brand/model receiver?
For Q5 - cannot......maybe this can cause run away. Not recommaded

Crystal cannot go to radio as you like as it got stated Tx or Rx. As I know not recommaded to mix brand on radio and crystal

No, you must buy compatible rx, which mean matched Tx and Rx

Recommaded, buy set of radio and buy 2 more rx which same as model as the radio set. Best buy 3 radio...easy
Old 09-07-2007, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Azmin,
If it's an AM radio, it should work between brands, BUT sometimes different brands assign different channels differently, so if you plug in the servo to channel 1 and throttle to channel 2, you might end up with your trigger controlling steering and your steering wheel controlling the ESC. Haha. Not sure if you can just plug steering into channel 2 and throttle into channel 1 to rectify the problem. It worked for me before (mine was a futaba receiver, the TX was a Smartech) but I cannot say if it works for all receivers. Also, you might end up with the servo direction reversed. This should not be a problem for steering if your TX has the reverse direction switch.

If it's an FM radio: theoretically Sanwa and KO works with one another and then Futaba, Hitec and I think JR works with one another. But you might still end up with range problems, and also the above headaches I mentioned for AM radios. Some receivers, like the LRP ones seem to work with any brand radio.

The best is to get same brand tx, rx and crystals. If that's not feasible, try and test before buying (you'll need to bring your tx, a pair of crystals, a battery pack, an ESC and motor, and maybe a spare servo. On second thoughts, just bring your whole car. haha).
Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bro,

I have 2 radio, Sanwa and Futaba, both AM.
I'd try to mix the tx and rx...its works.
I think we can mix a brand for tx and rx but need to make sure its freq range is same....AM tx with AM rx and vice versa. (Same crystal freq. as well).
Just need to try first as our friend said...bring all your items and try before purchase....
Old 09-19-2007, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)
Default hi all

i need help or maybe some advice on radio. which one of this two radio is better:
A. M11
B. EX10 --> or what evr the name is..lol

i need to know about its function usability on touring side.

thanks.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nazwenhome
i need help or maybe some advice on radio. which one of this two radio is better:
A. M11
B. EX10 --> or what evr the name is..lol

i need to know about its function usability on touring side.

thanks.
both r good radios , the KO r a bit sensitive, ....and i don't think u'll be able to use all the functions whatever it may be.....trust me
Old 09-19-2007, 04:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks,

now i see, meaning to say helios is the best choice for response ^^..
i like m11,just dont like the noob power management
in a dilemma now.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

take it ezy.....go for what u like , be sure u r well informed..good hunting
Old 09-20-2007, 01:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

thanks for the advice bro.
Old 09-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tkhoo
For Q5 - cannot......maybe this can cause run away. Not recommaded

Crystal cannot go to radio as you like as it got stated Tx or Rx. As I know not recommaded to mix brand on radio and crystal

No, you must buy compatible rx, which mean matched Tx and Rx

Recommaded, buy set of radio and buy 2 more rx which same as model as the radio set. Best buy 3 radio...easy
totally agree...

but in getting 3 sets of radio is a waste..better get radio like M8, 3PK, M11 and other high end...can set up to 10 memory...so can use to 10 cars meh..
am i rite?
Old 09-20-2007, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by yeahjamal
totally agree...

but in getting 3 sets of radio is a waste..better get radio like M8, 3PK, M11 and other high end...can set up to 10 memory...so can use to 10 cars meh..
am i rite?

is it necessary to get a high end radio?
if u get a high end radio..but still can't control ur car...what's the point?
by the way...we only got two hand..if got 10 car no point oso...cannot play at the same time....
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yeahjamal
totally agree...

am i rite?
MX3 will do the job already. Cheap somemore. If you get highend radio then the rx will be expensive too........

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.