Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

yes running mod foam and 13.5 rubber
Old 03-08-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)

Originally Posted by Customworksking
I will testing 3.5 foam and 13.5 rubber
3.5 should be fun..... bring some diffs, front arms, LOADS of tires, extra bumpers and a CASE of REDBULL!

All seriousness, if your gonna be fast you got to practice what you plan to run. For tomorrow it looks as thou we'll have a stock (rubber or foam) class and a mod class (anything with a lower wind than 13.5)
Old 03-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So whats the classes for 2morrow? Sounds like 3.5 foam, 13.5 Rubber so far!
Will there be a class for 27T Brush or 19T brush motors?
Old 03-08-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hrnts69
So whats the classes for 2morrow? Sounds like 3.5 foam, 13.5 Rubber so far!
Will there be a class for 27T Brush or 19T brush motors?
I am running 17.5 to prepare for the nat's. I am sure there will be somemore. I do know others will be running 10.5/19t.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by evostyle
3.5 should be fun..... bring some diffs, front arms, LOADS of tires, extra bumpers and a CASE of REDBULL!

All seriousness, if your gonna be fast you got to practice what you plan to run. For tomorrow it looks as thou we'll have a stock (rubber or foam) class and a mod class (anything with a lower wind than 13.5)
B nice if we can practice all day or I will see if I can ....
Old 03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cliferton
11am on sat? the last time i went by at 11 nobody was there. I thought that the racing started about 5 on sat and 11 on sun please clear this up before i make the hour drive
We were open today Saturday March 8th at 11am because we had a 1/18th Trophy race, we usually open at 4pm on Saturdays. On Sundays we open at 11am and start racing at 2:30. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 03-08-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Larry I think I nailed it!!!!
Attached Thumbnails Saint Louis Carpet Racing!!!-img_0524.jpg   Saint Louis Carpet Racing!!!-img_0525.jpg   Saint Louis Carpet Racing!!!-img_0526.jpg   Saint Louis Carpet Racing!!!-img_0527.jpg  
Old 03-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

are you open at all during the week for practice?
Old 03-18-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

we are open on Wed. nights 7-11 for Oval practice. Sat. night Oval racing 4-11 and Sun On-road pract/racing 11am-6pm. Sorry didn't reply sooner, I was at the Nats this weekend without a computer.
Old 03-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anyone know of a person that wants a Xray T2.
Im going to get rid of mine for $200. Its time we part ways, Will do it again next year with my Team of choice, Team Losi.

Comes with a box of tires, springs, spare parts, pinions, spur gears, Basically all my on-road Xray gear. Had fun but the time has come, OFF-ROAD NITRO.

Let me know,
If i cant get rid of it,
I can always keep it.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:54 PM
Tech Champion

Well even though it is Easter Sunday I plan on being at the track Sunday. I do believe Chris has said this will be the last Sunday due to the outdoor season starting. Hope we get some turn out.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Come on guys, lets get the local guys results posted from the Nats.
I did hear that Larry finished first in one B Main and second in another B Main!
I also heard that Drew had at least one podium finish!!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

I finished 6 in the C main in stock TC and Ron was 9. He had broke at about the half way mark.

Chris was in the B main for tc. I think he finished like 5 or something. He blew his motor. 4 of the guys did not run the b main that sucks when they do that.
Old 03-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 103 (98%+)
Default Nats report

First off, the Hobbyplex is easily the best indoor onroad track and shop that I've raced. It was clean, organized, well stocked, has great pits, power, well lit and has fantastic drivers stand. You couldn't ask for any more.

WED: The track was already grooved for the most part from a club race on sunday. They did change a small portion of the track to comply with the no prior practice rule of ROAR. Once in the groove you had fairly good traction, however, out of the groove was horrible. Other than learning the layout, Wed really didn't provide you a chance to tune in your car. Mine specifically would bite so hard on the front that the back end would easily come around off throttle. I didn't try to balance it out as I was expecting the groove to widen up and traction would come up.

Thurs: Pretty much like wednesday other than the traction continued to build and I smoothed out my line. I did end up tuning the back end to get more off power traction and a better car balance.

Fri: First day of qualifying. You could tell that there were relatively new big race drivers on the stand. Lots of inconsistent cars either from nerves or lack of rest. Either way it was difficult to qual. Plus, we were random sorted by the computer. After the last round (round 2) we were resorted. I ended up around 40 out of 45 in RUBBER. I had two DNF which put me at the bottom of the field. This is usually NOT where you want to be. This meant I would have to get in a good qualifier with LOTS of traffic for round 3 and 4. In the FOAM 10.5 class I was able to get a descent qual which put me 16th overall. I was still not turning out a mistake free 5 minute run. My car was just good enough to put me in the A-main if I could only turn 5 minutes without an incident.

Sat: In rubber 13.5 I was able to move up to 19th from 40th after a good qualifier. In Foam 10.5 I actually turned a faster qualifier by 2 seconds and DROPPED 2 spots to 18th. After 4 days of practice and qualifying I wasn't able to secure a spot in the A-Mains. I was a bit disappointed in my qualifying, but I felt I had a good chance of winning both of my B-Mains. I new I had an A-main car and just wasn't able to put it together for 5 minutes. I fiqured if I played it smart I could win both B-MAINs. This was even going to be more difficult as I was starting in the back of the pack 70 feet behind the TQ's.

Sun: By the time I raced my first B-Main it was going on 4:00 pm and I had been there ALL day. I was feeling both tired and excited to race. Rubber 13.5 B-main was my first race. I started 9th on the grid. At the tone I layed into it about 80% with my eyes scanning for any crashes. Just after the sweeper I could hear a few cars starting to crash out. I knew if I had any chance I would have to get by clean, which I luckily did. I was able to move all the way into 5th after lap one. The field started to spread out and I set my sights on the very next car in front of me. By lap 3 I made my way to 4th, lap 6 I moved into 3rd and was feeling really good about the car and my lines. I sat in 3rd until lap 11 when I made a risky pass for 2nd. It payed off as I was now in 2nd and starting to close the gap on 1st. He was about 3/4 of a lap ( 9 seconds ) ahead of me at this point. I focused and drove as tight as possible to finish just a few feet ( .861 seconds ) behind first place for a hard earned 2nd place. Another lap and it might have been a different story. I was happy with my run.

rubber results: http://liverc.rccars.com/view_result...r_(B_Main).xml

I had a 5 minute break and my 10.5 foam was next. Going from driving a rubber car to a 10.5 foam car is night and day. Maybe like going from a boat to a Ferrari. I really had to change my thinking about my driving during the 5 minute break.

At the start it took me just a few turns to get used to the foam car. I had removed my rear sway bar prior to the mains hoping it would give me a better rear end during corner entry. AND it did. My car felt great. In fact my car hadn't felt this consistent all week. After lap 1 I had only 1 pass under my belt for 7th. I passed 3 more cars for a 4th position by lap 2 and was really flowing with the new setup. Just 4 laps into the race and I had a solid position as 3rd place and was really driving a fast line. I couldn't believe how such a small change made my car feel so much better. By lap 12 I had caught up to 2nd and was riding close looking for a place to pass. Finally, the turn going onto the straight I tightened up and stuck the inside line onto the straight. I dragged raced all the way to the sweeper and held the inside line. This worked for me, but not so much for him as we entered the straight we touched wheels he shot to the wall and back down next to me, once we got into the sweeper he tried to hold the high line and pushed out to the wall destroying his back end putting him out of the race. I only had 1 more mission and that was to find first place and take it from him. He was only a few feet ahead and after 2 laps trailing him I made the same pass going onto the straight to secure my 1st place finish. I was able to stretch out a 6 second lead. During the last 20 seconds I did have a bobble which cost me 3 seconds. It was tense for those 3 seconds. Once I got rolling I played it safe to finish in 1st. All in all I was happy with the racing!!!!

10.5 foam results: http://liverc.rccars.com/view_result...k_(B_Main).xml

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Last edited by evostyle; 03-19-2008 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-19-2008, 03:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Could you be a little more specific please! Maybe go into a little greater detail!!

Good job Larry, I can't wait to start chasing you around Evolution with a sedan!!

How did everyone else do? I did not see any results for Todd, did he not make it to the race?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.