Wiki Posts
Search

International Racing Team Clubhouse

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2007, 12:36 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by someguy
talk about power.. i've never driven a car with over 250 hp sadly
Don't fret over it. There are a lot of cars with less than 250hp get up and scoot. Every driven a RX7 in any form? Maybe the last generation had 250, maybe, but they are a lightweight rocket.

What are the favorite cars that you guys have driven?

How is college going for you old skool IRT guys?

It is too funny, when Paul PSY87 was on starting the club, I didn't know he was twelve, he posted then like he was a college student.

I went back to school since the last time that I saw you guys. I have kinda of a love hate relationship with higher education. I still can't believe that I got my Master's degree since I was such a poor student in Jr. High, and didn't like a lot of classes.

I still have nightmares that I am not passing some Jr. High math class. I wake up in a cold sweat, and calm down only when I realize that I do have my degree and I didn't lose it. Sometimes those dreams seem SO REAL.

Anyone else have funny dreams?

Man, I want my house in Cali to sell SO BAD! I can't buy any RC toys until it does. There just isn't enough money.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Never had the chance to drive an RX7... I have driven some nice cars, i've been lucky enough to drive a friends G35 once or twice.

College has been interesting. At times i feel like i can't handle it, not because of work load but rather trying to balance all aspects of life as a 2nd year student. Trying to pick a major has been tough, but i finally decided on Human Physiology with a minor in business. I have a real knack for biology and anatomy, however the required math/chem classes are going to frustrate me. I was never stellar in math, and the only reason I have decided to pursue this degree is because of my interest in exercise,sports, and weight lifting.lol...

Other than that, i'm trying to get in great shape because i'm going out for the football team. That should be interesting.

I feel you on the money issue.. Being in college really doesn't lend itself to having a surplus of money. I really want to race RC again but without the cash/time, i'm thinking it's going to be very difficult. I can only hope.
Old 03-18-2007, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by someguy
Never had the chance to drive an RX7... I have driven some nice cars, i've been lucky enough to drive a friends G35 once or twice.

I feel you on the money issue.. Being in college really doesn't lend itself to having a surplus of money. I really want to race RC again but without the cash/time, i'm thinking it's going to be very difficult. I can only hope.
I got to drive a ratted out old RX7, and I was hooked. The vibration is not there, it is just so smooth, and the power keeps coming and coming, I forget what they rev up to, like 10,000 rpm or something. No vibration of the pistons pumping up and down with a rotary engine.

I used to sell my old testbooks for gas money. Collecting cans etc. The best way that I learned to turn a little cash into enough to get me dinner or gas for my car was:

1. Go to the teacher's lounge.
2. They had a bookcase of books for sale for 5 or 10 cents apiece.
3. Buy as many books as I could afford or carry
4. Walk 6 blocks to a used book store.
5. Sell them
6. Walk out with 5 to 10 times my initial investment.

I don't know if there are any used bookstores in your area. Maybe you can ask people in regular conversation if they have book that they want to get rid of because they are taking up space in your dorm room and they are tired of lugging them around etc etc.

OP
Old 03-19-2007, 07:01 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cmotif
How is college going for you old skool IRT guys?
dragging my sorry feet every single day prol over-age for class anyway LOL!
Old 03-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by KoE
dragging my sorry feet every single day prol over-age for class anyway LOL!
I was just looking at your profile, and it said, Occupation "hitman". Does that mean when people try to pass you on the track, that you hit them?

KoE, how are things going in your part of the world?

How old is too old? With our racing in Merced, we had a guy in his 60s that was part of the club. I would love to be able to race RC cars when I am in my 60s.

Cmotif
Old 03-20-2007, 08:40 PM
KoE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

lol dude...not just like spank..this is close to murdering their cars! the dang jitters just don't go away! racing buds call the symptom...parkinson i'd normally remove my wristwatch before driving just to reduce the load on arm even changed the tx batt to lipo, switched to spektrum, removed the ori antennae... LOL!

racing schedules are packed again this year with our nat series, TAC series and club races but i'm staying away except perhaps for nat; trying to focus on the remaining school term.

we too have a couple of guys who have grandkids...they are awesome veterans...smooth driving and steady nerves! i'm trying to get my boy into r/c but he seems to like watching power rangers, ultraman and spiderman too much for anything else now. But he does have a savage tho
Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM

If you were independently wealthy what RC stuff would you have?

Money, obviously limits what I can do.

For me,
1. I would own land for a number of tracks, and put our youth center on it to offer other activities as well.
2. Have a hobby store for the youth to run, along with a cafe.
3. Our track would have flush toilets, and big screen TVs. (How many pro tracks don't have flush toilets?(Ripon and Speedworld don't or at least didn't when I was there))
4. Maybe have loaner radios, so that everyone can run 2.4 ghz systems, so that we can have the maximum number of cars running at the same time.
5. I would have to have 1/10th scale cars to run on my Ripon style onroad track. I think that I would want a 1/5th scale track as well.
6. Would need to have a trick off-road track as well.
7. Would have a podium between tracks, set up where the first three finishers in any race could get their photos taken with a digital camera, to remember the experience.
8. Heck, I would buy the hotel next door as well, so that racers in the IRT family and others could come and visit for a RC vacation.

Cmotif <><
Old 03-25-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

i just finished finals for my winter term, glad it's over.. actually i did suprisingly well which is always nice. Plus with finals being over, i'm back in san diego for a week. I almost forgot how great the weather is here.

man i wish i had all the money for RC... I would definitely build a legit on road track in Eugene with all amenities. Kind of like socal but a bit more modern.

Also i would buy a racking kart, i've always wanted to get into autoracing of some sort.
Old 04-01-2007, 09:06 PM

Does anyone AIM or iChat? My screen name is skodahipointmuz. I needed to come up with something that was not taken. So I went with a Czech car, US Gun and East German Motorcycle.

Cmotif
Old 04-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does anyone AIM or iChat?

Cmotif
Yes, I sent you a message.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 04-02-2007, 06:15 PM

Yep, we chatted like what, 13 seconds before I had to run out the door to get my son from school. Man, that bites. Better luck next time.

OP
Old 04-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Yep, we chatted like what, 13 seconds before I had to run out the door to get my son from school. Man, that bites. Better luck next time.

OP
It is ok no worries man. I have you added now so we can chat more.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 04-05-2007, 12:09 PM

Sometime I will catch you online WW.

Cmotif
Old 04-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Sometime I will catch you online WW.

Cmotif
Ahh don't worry about it.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 04-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Regional Moderator

US Proline Cup 2007

This weekend sees the running of the 2nd annual Pro Line Indoor Dirt Challenge at the Harper Adams (Arena) College in the UK. The drivers list this year is speckled with talent! With Pro-Line's own World no2 Scott Hughes leading the charge of American's racing across the pond! In fact also competing are the Aigoin brothers, Degani, Kortz, Thern, Saxton, Maifield and Borja Hernandez of Spain.

Neo-Buggy will be there the whole weekend, and providing we have the net connection we will be bringing the absolute latest from trackside; our coverage of this race is kindly sponsored by Pro Line

Times: Saturday - Practice / Sunday - Qualifying / Monday - Finals

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.