Wiki Posts
Search

Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by clinton
thank you for the reply

ah ok,so i need to talk to them early? or they can give it to me on that day? yes im looking 1/5 scale baja king motor or rovan ,what brand have you seen there? i hope it is available when i get there

thanks again
Hi Clinton. As the sole distributor of HPI in HK, I think they have stock (maybe in warehouse or retail store). But of course its better to contact them several days before you make your purchase. I have only been to Jet hobby a few times, but and I can tell you that their store is quite pack with kits and parts... in a small retail space (maybe 1500 ft2). You may also want to email them prior to your trip to see the availability.

Sorry I dont know much about 1/5 scale brands. Better to contact them directly.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by leonggyooi
where can i get Traxxas and Traxxas parts in Hongkong beside rcmart? Thanks
Traxxas .... I know a few stores on KWS has them besides RCmart. Harmony, Jet Hobby & Lok Chee Hobbies on KWS should carry some parts.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hardmankam
Hi there! I believe rcmart (online) carries some hobao stuff, however, I think it is quite limited. Hobao is based in Taiwan and their hyper 8 has been out for a long time, thus their parts are hard to come by locally in HK.

The most popular 1/8 scale offroad brand is Team C (Hk based) and they have almost all the parts available. (their car is also more current). Sometimes with some imagination, you can modify other brand's parts into your car.

Another option is to find a 2nd hand hyper 8 and use that as parts.

I hope this helps you.
Hi hardmankam, thanks a ton for the heads up, so where can i get the Team C products? And is the Team C buggy(electric) a basher(tough enough like the hobao)? Cuz i'm quite new in cars so it's hard not to crash it once in a while
The performance i suppose is good?
Old 09-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by basher88
Hi hardmankam, thanks a ton for the heads up, so where can i get the Team C products? And is the Team C buggy(electric) a basher(tough enough like the hobao)? Cuz i'm quite new in cars so it's hard not to crash it once in a while
The performance i suppose is good?
There are about 2 to 3 retail stores that carries Team C stuff. (Harmony, RCmodel and Action Hobby) All these 3 stores are on Kwong Wah Street, about 20meter apart, you can't really miss them.

Team C buggies are 'ok' they are not bad, but not the greatest. Their price is quite competitive (being less than the big brands). Their quality is average, but again, for the $ you save, you can get some spares. Even if you buy Hobao/HongNor or Losi or Associated, you will need to buy some spare parts like arms etc...

If you do like the Hobao route, you can look into Hong Nor (Nexx8, Ultra LX2e, SabreX3). I think Hong Nor is the same company as Hobao (aka OFNA, Jammin in the US). I know Jet Hobby and EaglePower both carry Hong Nor stuff.

Locally, Team C is very popular mainly because of parts support and price, but personally, I feel Hong Nor has higher quality parts.

For your info: Team C T8E costs about $2.2k while Hong Nor SabreX3 is about $2.7k
Losi 8 or AE8.1 would be >$3.3k (all HK$)
Old 09-17-2012, 02:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

hardmankam,

Thanks a ton for the detailed info, will take a good look at the Team C and Hong Nor stuff and see what suits me better.
Old 09-18-2012, 06:11 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If I'm going to take the MTR going to Rcmart Mongkok what station and what exit should I take ?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mon
If I'm going to take the MTR going to Rcmart Mongkok what station and what exit should I take ?
RCMart is located in Kwun Tong (East Kowloon) and they dont have a store in Mongkok.

As for Kwong Wah Street (KWS), you can take MTR to Yau Ma Tei (Exit A2) and walk about 5 mins.
OR
take MTR Mongkok (Exit E2) and walk about 10 mins.

KWS is located between Yau Ma Tei and Mongkok station.

(link to MTR system in HK:
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_ar...ystem_map.html)

I also google-mapped KWS for your reference:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1348036738
Attached Thumbnails Where Are All The Rc Shop In Hong Kong-kws_map.jpg  

Last edited by hardmankam; 09-18-2012 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Map added
Old 09-19-2012, 06:31 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hardmankam
RCMart is located in Kwun Tong (East Kowloon) and they dont have a store in Mongkok.

As for Kwong Wah Street (KWS), you can take MTR to Yau Ma Tei (Exit A2) and walk about 5 mins.
OR
take MTR Mongkok (Exit E2) and walk about 10 mins.

KWS is located between Yau Ma Tei and Mongkok station.

(link to MTR system in HK:
http://www.mtr.com.hk/eng/getting_ar...ystem_map.html)

I also google-mapped KWS for your reference:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1348036738
Thank you very much sir ! Are the hobby shops in KW street open on Sundays ?

Last edited by mon; 09-25-2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi, does anyone know if there is a store in HK that sells Tekin ESCs? I'm looking to buy an RX8. Thanks
Old 10-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

This thread is very helpful.

anyway, do you guys know any shops in KWS or in HK that sells Top end hobby(TEH) products? or even matrixline products?

I'm about to go there few weeks from now, and i'm interested in some TEH and matrixline products.

and any tips on how to go to RCMART from Jordan MTR station? or what is a easier route?

TIA

rixx.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Green Dot
Hi, does anyone know if there is a store in HK that sells Tekin ESCs? I'm looking to buy an RX8. Thanks
Harmony and Action Hobby sell it. I got mine from Action Hobby about a month ago. Probably other shops in KWS sell it too.

You might try Prosper Commercial Building on Yin Chong Street too. There are shops on 1/F, 22/F and 13/F? Maybe more that I do no know of. But the 1/F shop only opens after 6pm. Yin Chong St is just right next to KWS.

Good luck and happy shopping
Old 10-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,

Can anybody tell me where can I find Losi rtr (mini8) in HK aside from Jethobby?

And are Turnigy and Ezrun products can only be sourced at Hobbyking? I'll be in HK in a few months but I have no time to pick up the items at their office.

Could I also source Turnigy lipo batt and Ezrun esc in other LHS?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:21 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aidz_rc
Hi,

Can anybody tell me where can I find Losi rtr (mini8) in HK aside from Jethobby?

And are Turnigy and Ezrun products can only be sourced at Hobbyking? I'll be in HK in a few months but I have no time to pick up the items at their office.

Could I also source Turnigy lipo batt and Ezrun esc in other LHS?

Thanks!
I'm also looking for Turnigy Lipo batteries, Novak or Mamaba Esc's does any of the shops in Kwong Wah carry these brands ?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does anyone know where you can buy the Associated RC8.2 in Hong Kong?
Old 10-08-2012, 06:15 PM
mon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JellyBeans999
Does anyone know where you can buy the Associated RC8.2 in Hong Kong?
Try Challenger Hobbies along Kwong Wah they do carry Associated products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.