Old 01-28-2002, 02:08 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Manticore

I think the novarossi 2.6mm has special pitch
get m.speed...get m.speed...
Old 01-28-2002, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

dtm: the paris turbo ring pipes have arrived !

999: mspeed screws wont make you fast! put on waigo sticker la !
Old 01-28-2002, 06:45 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

dtm: the paris turbo ring pipes have arrived !

999: mspeed screws wont make you fast! put on waigo sticker la !
Excellent... Thanks matey!!!... has the K&N filter arrived also??? How much do I owe you??

Perfect timing for the TR... got hold of it today!!!

Observations so far... the machining is better than the NR except for the con rod which is a bit 'industrial!'. The chrome finish on the cylinder appears a finer pitch honing.

Crank shaft is much better m/c (probably has been shot peened and coated) has a slope cut into the carb entry position (read the JP bit of epoxy but in metal!) However, there is a LOT of room for improvment here!!!!

The cuts on the cylinder is a bit more conservative than the NR, which is to be expected from OS!!

Cooling head is 2.5mm and 1 fin less than the NR... could be looking at the Kawa head here!!!!

The carb looks a little horrid from the outside- has no low speed 'needle' adjustment but the low speed is adjusted by what is the mid speed on the NR- will have to see how this works out! The carb is true 5.5mm the NR is supposed to be 5.4mm but most of the ones I have measured is 5.3mm!

Will have to see how this performs...... run in on Saturday.... maybe!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 06:50 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

PS- The BLUE head and BLUE Kyosho centax looks very nice!!!

I weighed the Kyosho blue flywheel it is 13g whilst the Kawa lighten MTX flywheel is 12g..... I have taken too many flywheels off tonight to measure the Mugen purple centax flywheel but expect this to be in the region of 15g.

The original Mugen 3 shoe flywheel comes in at 13g also!!! How can you tell I have bought a set of digital scales!!!! Just more information to remember!!!!!

Last edited by dtm; 01-28-2002 at 06:52 AM.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:56 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by White cat

I did something to the air/fuel enter port, crank and carb.
hehe... standard mod... carefully watch the condition of your piston!!! you may find it turns 'black' after half a litre of fuel!!! Good Luck!!!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

Excellent... Thanks matey!!!... has the K&N filter arrived also??? How much do I owe you??

Perfect timing for the TR... got hold of it today!!!

Observations so far... the machining is better than the NR except for the con rod which is a bit 'industrial!'. The chrome finish on the cylinder appears a finer pitch honing.

Crank shaft is much better m/c (probably has been shot peened and coated) has a slope cut into the carb entry position (read the JP bit of epoxy but in metal!) However, there is a LOT of room for improvment here!!!!

The cuts on the cylinder is a bit more conservative than the NR, which is to be expected from OS!!

Cooling head is 2.5mm and 1 fin less than the NR... could be looking at the Kawa head here!!!!

The carb looks a little horrid from the outside- has no low speed 'needle' adjustment but the low speed is adjusted by what is the mid speed on the NR- will have to see how this works out! The carb is true 5.5mm the NR is supposed to be 5.4mm but most of the ones I have measured is 5.3mm!

Will have to see how this performs...... run in on Saturday.... maybe!!!!
you cannot use the ring pipe immediately as you need to put on a pressure fitting.

the air filter wont be in so soon as my friend is till sourcing it at the time being.

will tell you later.

I will end up using paris pipe on all my GP as it is so durable that you dont need to care much about it.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
PS- The BLUE head and BLUE Kyosho centax looks very nice!!!

I weighed the Kyosho blue flywheel it is 13g whilst the Kawa lighten MTX flywheel is 12g..... I have taken too many flywheels off tonight to measure the Mugen purple centax flywheel but expect this to be in the region of 15g.

The original Mugen 3 shoe flywheel comes in at 13g also!!! How can you tell I have bought a set of digital scales!!!! Just more information to remember!!!!!
you're too anal !
Old 01-28-2002, 06:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

One more thing... I have found the M Speed head also fits the OS TR.... in fact it appears to be a better fit on the OS than NR!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

wow, OS TR !!! scary !

you dont need to run in OS that much as it has less compression the the novarossi engines.
Old 01-28-2002, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm
One more thing... I have found the M Speed head also fits the OS TR.... in fact it appears to be a better fit on the OS than NR!!
wah wah 9xx + 4xx. I would rather get a RB 5 port !!!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:02 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

you cannot use the ring pipe immediately as you need to put on a pressure fitting.

the air filter wont be in so soon as my friend is till sourcing it at the time being.

will tell you later.

I will end up using paris pipe on all my GP as it is so durable that you dont need to care much about it.
OMG... do you have to tap your own holes in the pipe???? If you are going to do yours can you include mine as well..... Thanks!!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:05 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

wow, OS TR !!! scary !

you dont need to run in OS that much as it has less compression the the novarossi engines.
You still get the piston 'lock' with the engine new!! Actually I was a little disappointed with my RS- 4 tanks for fuel and the piston doesn't lock up at all..... I remember my MT took at least 8 tanks of fuel before it got to this stage.... same run-in process!!! I think the RS is ready for some 'rich' runs on the ground already!!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:06 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

OMG... do you have to tap your own holes in the pipe???? If you are going to do yours can you include mine as well..... Thanks!!!
sure no problem !
Old 01-28-2002, 07:08 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

wah wah 9xx + 4xx. I would rather get a RB 5 port !!!!!
hehe... no no...I will run the engine box stock first to get a datum before doing anything to it!! But it does appear to have obvious areas for improvement!
Old 01-28-2002, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by dtm

You still get the piston 'lock' with the engine new!! Actually I was a little disappointed with my RS- 4 tanks for fuel and the piston doesn't lock up at all..... I remember my MT took at least 8 tanks of fuel before it got to this stage.... same run-in process!!! I think the RS is ready for some 'rich' runs on the ground already!!
all my NR variation engines lock up after initial run in and the lock up disappear after at least 1/2 gallon of fuel. My MT12 didnt have this symptom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.