Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Race Schedule - Sugarbowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyblaze
here is some pics of my mrx4-r,,, which i haven't race it yet due to my work schedule
I have always wanted a model like that. With the swoopy body. Maybe cus they are the first I saw on Indian Trail.

-Ant.
Old 02-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Bobby,

Tell him to come on down I would love to see his car.

One of the goals of the GT class is = low $$$ racing. We do not want to get caught up in the cubic dollar type racing that 1/8 open and 1/10 touring have become. I know because I raced 1/8 open for over 20 years. We race cars that are stock with the following modifications allowed;

Brake upgrade
sway bars
Electronics
Rubber tires - any brand
and minor upgrades that don't improve performance
150cc fuel tank max

The hyper .21 engine is an 8 port high performance engine. We are running factory stock 3 port .28 engines. If he decides to participate in our series he will probably find himself in a GT OPEN class which at this point has no rules. Until this class grows to be big enough to race as a heat (minimum of 3 cars) he will be on the track with the GT STOCk class cars but his points may scored separately.

I have not seen a DM1 run so I do not know if there is a significant difference in performance. It could be that a high performance .21 with a 125cc tank and a .28 stock engine with a 150cc tank may be able to run in the same class. Until we have other types of GT cars show up we can't determine how they will be classified.

Lee
The DM-1 spec is the new gt it fits the specs of the IGT class. Shorter wheel base and is narrower than the original DM. It should be close, they ran then at the classic last year along with the Kyosho cars. Kyosho went 1,2,3
Old 02-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by quietstorm76
The DM-1 spec is the new gt it fits the specs of the IGT class. Shorter wheel base and is narrower than the original DM. It should be close, they ran then at the classic last year along with the Kyosho cars. Kyosho went 1,2,3
I am more concerned with the power plant than I am about the chassis. 8 ports vs. 3 ports. Granted that there is a difference in engine size that may make up for this.

This class is based on cars with equal performance.

Lee
Old 02-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I am more concerned with the power plant than I am about the chassis. 8 ports vs. 3 ports. Granted that there is a difference in engine size that may make up for this.

Lee
Yeah that is true.
Old 02-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Lee
The OFNA engine will flat out smoke the Kyosho engine. It is not even close.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grinder
The OFNA engine will flat out smoke the Kyosho engine. It is not even close.
The EXPERT has spoken! If Uriah says that the OFNA engine will smoke the Kyosho then it is a fact!

Lee
Old 02-02-2009, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The EXPERT has spoken! If Uriah says that the OFNA engine will smoke the Kyosho then it is a fact!

Lee

so that means my friend can't race with the K-IGT group?
Old 02-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I'd say let the guy run and if it's obvious that his car is alot faster then handicap his car in some way. Fastest car doesn't always win.

Alain
Old 02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

Bobby, We will have to see how his engine compares to the Kyosho. If his engine performance is close to the kyosho he can race with them but it it much faster he will have his points scored separately.

I am not trying to be a hard a** about this but we want the cars to have comparable speed and that is primarily function of the engine that is on the car.

Furthermore it puts me in a bind because someone has to make a decision which I really don't look forward to having to make. If everyone had the same engine then it is a no brainer but when people show up to race in a spec. class with 5 or 7 port engines to race 3 port engines there is generally a very noticeable difference in performance.

Tell your friend to come to the Sugarbowl and race with us and we will work out something.

Lee
Old 02-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Bobby, We will have to see how his engine compares to the Kyosho. If his engine performance is close to the kyosho he can race with them but it it much faster he will have his points scored separately.

I am not trying to be a hard a** about this but we want the cars to have comparable speed and that is primarily function of the engine that is on the car.

Furthermore it puts me in a bind because someone has to make a decision which I really don't look forward to having to make. If everyone had the same engine then it is a no brainer but when people show up to race in a spec. class with 5 or 7 port engines to race 3 port engines there is generally a very noticeable difference in performance.

Tell your friend to come to the Sugarbowl and race with us and we will work out something.

Lee
Lee i understand you not being a hard a** and i'm sorry if my question came out in a an*l way
Old 02-03-2009, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Lee i understand you not being a hard a** and i'm sorry if my question came out in a an*l way
Bobby,

There is nothing wrong with your question. It needed to be asked and answered.

It is a tough situation created due to ROAR not stepping up and making rules for this class. This puts pressure on the local race organizers to make rules and some people will disagree with the local decisions.

My goal is for all cars to be equal.

Lee
Old 02-03-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How hard is it to acquire a GT/GT2 motor?
Old 02-03-2009, 06:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
How hard is it to acquire a GT/GT2 motor?
I have them both on order right now. They will be sold as a very low price in order to support this class.

Lee
Old 02-03-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

rules are rules but check this out say if i decided to the RTR Dm-1 it comes with a 6-port Force 28 where the IGT is 3-port but if im not mistaken is the RTR IGT is a 5-port maybe its a typo in rc caraction.....but both rtr cars race together at races...not familiar with onroad qualification but in off road you have .21, .25,& .28 which all have different ports...

Last edited by bobbyblaze; 02-03-2009 at 06:47 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Tech Master

rules are rules but check this out say if i decided to the RTR Dm-1 it comes with a 6-port Force 28 where the IGT is 3-port but if im not mistaken is the RTR IGT is a 5-port maybe its a typo in rc caraction.....but both rtr cars race together at races
Some people count the exhaust port and others don't that is why the motor is reported to be 5 port by some people and 6 port by others. This is the engine that Uriah was talking about that is soo much faster than the Kyosho engine.

The Kyosho GT1 engines will sell for less than $140. The GT 2 engine has an SG shaft and they are on the way to me now but the price should be about the same.

The easiest thing to so is get one of these engines and pipes then there are NO problems. I will get pricing on pipes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.