Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Race Schedule - Sugarbowl

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2009 Race Schedule - Sugarbowl

Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINE. Soon the smell of nitro and the sound of engines screaming down the straight-away will fill the air. The 2009 Outdoor Season is soon to be here.

The 2009 season is going to be a points race season with a first half and a second half both consisting of 9 races. You can use your best 6 points finishes in each half towards the Championship. We will have a 1st half Champion, a 2nd half Champion and an overall Champion based on the best 12 points finishes for the 2009 Season. This is exactly the way we did the series back in the DRC days.

We are also kicking around the idea of running the 2nd race of each month BACKWARDS on the track. Your feedback is appreciated.

Race dates (1st and 3rd Sundays);
3/1 and 3/15
4/5 and 4/19
5/3 and 5/17
6/7 and 6/21
7/5 and 7/19
8/2 and 8/16
9/6 and 9/20
10/4 and 10/18
11/8 and 11/22

In the event of rain we will race on the next good Sunday.

I am working on a method to AWARD POINTS. All suggestions are appreciated. In the past we gave the TQ = 3 points, 1st place in the main = 50 points, 2nd got 47 and so on down separated by 3 points, and 1 point for each lap completed in the main event.

I will be the keeper of the points.

Lee

Last edited by Winner's Circle; 02-07-2009 at 03:29 AM.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

What exactly should i sink my money into? I wanna join you guys with the 1/18th scale Kyosho corvettes if enough people get em, but any other big classes with lots of entries?

How would people feel about one of those vintage classes? I've got a TC3, and we could follow the rules already set down, rubber tires and all.
Old 01-27-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by monster95
What exactly should i sink my money into? I wanna join you guys with the 1/18th scale Kyosho corvettes if enough people get em, but any other big classes with lots of entries?

How would people feel about one of those vintage classes? I've got a TC3, and we could follow the rules already set down, rubber tires and all.
In the past we have had 1/8, 200mm touring, IGT and electric. We need to have enough people to make up a class and I would guess that at a minimum that would be 3 entries. The problem is that at some point there are not enough daylight hours to accommodate everyone due to the multitude of different sizes and classes of cars. We do not want to turn anyone away so I suggest that you talk up what class you want to try to get started so that you have enough people to make a new class or you can move into one of the areas where historically we have had classes. If that does not work out we will try to place cars that run similar speeds together so that everyone can run.

Lee
Old 01-27-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Regular

I think the vintage series would be a great idea. It utilizes out of date touring cars and has strict rules on bodies, tires etc. Just something to think about for all you Sugarbowl guys.

Lee, you have a PM.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (86%+)

Monster-you gotta get a 1/8th Kyosho. Here are reasons:

1. SO MUCH FUN!

2. GREAT bunch of guys

3. If you break anything, Lee has it, RIGHT THERE. None of this waiting game or driving out of your way to pick up parts.

I've never been as pleased as I am now. I am selling all my Off-road and prob my 1/10th car. Order one from Lee and come out this Sunday. Super Bowl doesn't start till like 6 anyways. We head out around 2-4. You won't be disappointed.

I think a Vintage series would be nifty too. We could have a races going on all day. While 1/8th is waiting and fixing, 1/10 is running. 1/10 gets a bit difficult though b/c most people upgrade their motors, pipes, suspension, etc... It's hard to create rules for people who have already modified their cars so heavily.

----------------------------------------
In reply to Lee, I love the idea. I have never raced a point series so I cannot put any input there. The backwards idea is the best. B/c, unfortunetly, we only have one track. So running it backwards creates 2 tracks. I also like going backwards better.

-Ant.

Last edited by TRYMY4.0; 01-27-2009 at 12:18 PM.
Old 01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Default 2009 race schedule - Sugarbowl

How about some feed back on;
1) points series as outlined at the beginning of this thread
2) running the track backwards on the 2nd race of each month
3) method mentioned for awarding points

Lee
Old 01-28-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like the idea of a points series. Are points only awarded to cars that start the Main? I think TC should be 5 points (Except when D-man, Anthony, Marcos or Uriah are racing; Then TC should be like -25 points) Running backwards sounds like fun but I don't think I want to do it every other race As far as other classes are concerned I say run them if enough cars show. I sure would like to see those motorcycles run at the bowl.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PaxsMan
I think TC should be 5 points (Except when D-man, Anthony, Marcos or Uriah are racing; Then TC should be like -25 points) .
I dont understand... I dont know anything about mains, or TC's.

-Ant.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:17 AM
Tech Master

I think that the "TC's" you’re referring to should be "TQ's" (top qualifier). That's the highest finishing position for a racer in a particular class in the qualifying rounds. The "Mains" are the final event of the race in each class; the starting order is set by your best qualifying finish.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TRYMY4.0
I dont understand... I dont know anything about mains, or TC's.

-Ant.
Here is how a race is conducted;
1 - cars are put into classes and heats. You would be in the IGT class and if there were enough cars there could be more than one group of IGT cars (heats).

2 - each heat is called to the track for a warm up period of about 3 to 5 minutes and then they are called to the line. We will re-fill our tanks before going to the line to start the qualifier which is 5 minutes long. When the horn blows the cars start around the track. We have the timing computer set-up so that each car is on its own 5 minute clock and the clock starts when the cars cross the line for the 1st time. By allowing each car to have its own 5 minute clock it allows the cars to spread out of the track so that they do not have to race each other because we are actually racing the clock.

3 - each heat gets 3 qualifiers (#2 above) and after qualifying is completed your single best qualifier is used to compare your performance to the people in your class. TQ (top qualifier) is the person with the best time. if there are enough cars we could have an A and B main within each class. A main is the faster group and B main is the slower group.

4 - Now it is time for the main events. These vary in length depending on the class with the Electric cars probably running a shorter main. The gas cars usually run a 20 minute main even. You will need a pit man to fill you up during the race. The cars are set in a staggered start and when the horn blows to start this race it is a drag race to the turn. The person with the most laps at the end of the timed event is the winner. Points are awarded based on your finishing position.

5 - If you run in a lower main and win you can bump-up to the next higher main and run again. If you elect to do this you loose the points for the event you just ran and they will be replaced by the points for this main event. The higher mains award higher points so this is an opportunity to get more valuable series points.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Lee
Old 01-29-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
Let me know if you still have questions.

Lee
I understand.

I dont get what paxsman said though? Was he saying im good or crappy? Crappy i agree with. B main here I come.

-Ant.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I understand.

I dont get what paxsman said though? Was he saying im good or crappy? Crappy i agree with. B main here I come.

-Ant.
There's another Anthony that's on a pro level, he wasn't referring to you.
Old 01-29-2009, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sorry for the confusion I mean TQ "Top Qualifier" TRYMY4.0 please take no offense I did not know your name was Anthony. I was just trying to give us "amateurs" a chance by deducting points from the above mentioned people due to the fact that most of us finish behind them in a race. Of course I'm only joking .
Old 01-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PaxsMan
Sorry for the confusion I mean TQ "Top Qualifier" TRYMY4.0 please take no offense I did not know your name was Anthony. I was just trying to give us "amateurs" a chance by deducting points from the above mentioned people due to the fact that most of us finish behind them in a race. Of course I'm only joking .
No! You hurt my feelings!

~runs off crying~

~ok back~

I forgive you. lol I take no offense to it. Look at my vette body, that'll explain what level im at. lol

-Ant.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

No! You hurt my feelings!

~runs off crying~

~ok back~

I forgive you. lol I take no offense to it. Look at my vette body, that'll explain what level im at. lol

-Ant.
Mike painted my new vette body and he said it looks great. Back to my regular colors = red, white & blue.

Lee

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.