Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The GSRCI 2009

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 08:46 AM
Tech Adept

Well I know that the guys from MCRC cant wait for this series to start. We already have a few members that are racing in the GCS and are trying to go to and race at some of the other tracks around. Im hoping that this GSRCI series will help to bring more awareness to the state of Ga about RC racing. I hope that this series will help racers to have more events to go and have fun at. And over all I HOPE that this will help to bring the rc community together and realize that we ALL need to work together to make RC a great thing in Ga and quite having all the drama and bickering that is going on around this state. This mess was the reason We pulled Madison County R/C from the GARCRACERS forum. "And thats all I have to say about that"
Now lets get ready for some shrimp and rib BB Q's
Old 07-17-2008, 09:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well I hate to say it but I have heard rumors to the idea that the powers to be in the GCS are going to try and look at this as a GSRCI .vs GCS type thing. By trying to make races conflict with each other etc.....

I truely hope that the leadership of the GCS series doesn't fall to that kind of level. That's totally counter productive to anything positive for anyone in GA.

One thing for sure...is you won't see the leadership of this series try and compete with another series or try to pull entries away from it by underminded tactics. In fact and I'll say it once again right here...we encourage strongly everyone to keep invovled in your local series and races that are here now.

Just like we put it on the front page of our site www.gsrci.com

Support the GCS and the GSRCI events along with anything else that is in GA.

"Making Georgia R/C racing grow!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The GSRCI is an event designed to promote and increase the growth of RC racing in Georgia. We only want to see positive results and outcomes for RC racing in GA and we highly encourage all RC racers in Georgia to support all tracks, clubs and organizations to keep the RC racing scene growing more every year.
So we ask for your support for the GSRCI but we also highly encourage your continued support for the existing race series that are currently in place. To discontinue support for events such as the GCS or RC Pro would be counter productive to the intended direction we all want to see in RC racing for the state of Georgia.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Looking good so far....
Attached Thumbnails The GSRCI 2009-gsrci-favicon.jpg   The GSRCI 2009-logo-stacked.gif  

Last edited by MGT_STC007; 07-17-2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 08:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hope it turns into an awesome series.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

It should be a terrific series every year. A lot of people are real happy about it showing up when it did. We have some pretty darn good sponsors on board already and more coming...in fact we just got a call from a big GA sponsor that we will be working thing out with.

There just is No Limit as to what we can do with it right now.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Dave at BUKU confirmed with me his participation 100% in the GSRCI series. In fact BUKU will be one of the main sponsors for the Monster Truck Class which is going to be a feature class for the GSRCI. The SMT class will be an open class with a anything goes moto...

No Engine restrictions....

No Pipe or Header restrictions...

So if you have a Savage XL.....or a MGT 8.0
you can run it!

If you have a REVO...TNX...CEN..Losi...
whatever.....I think you get the point.

Electric SMT's welcome as well.....

(Just no Truggies-by classification)

This is the:

BUKU Power Products Outlaw Monster Truck Class

for the GSRCI and basically if you bring it you can run it!

The only possible restrictions we may have on this class would be fuel cell capacity.

www.bukupower.com
Old 07-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Tech Master

amen to the buku pipe ..... i will purchace one for the revo as soon i get my truggy up and running
Old 07-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Tech Master

hey guys i believe in this series there also been a BBQ show down challege so far Augusta and the Phil Hurd Raceway been talking up anymore takers.... Dalton can trow down on some BBQ but here is the link

http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/i...;topicseen#new
Old 07-19-2008, 07:43 AM
Tech Initiate

First of all let me say that I am really excited about this series and what it represents (the racers). It sounds like the decision has already been made, but Id like to weigh in an opinion on the 3 out of 6 points deal. I know that gas prices are a problem for everyone right now, but best 3 out of 6 isnt going to encourage all the racers to go out and support every track. IMHO the success of this series is going to depend entirely on all the regular racers from each of the selected 5 tracks to attend every event, not just 3. If this points structure is kept then 2 if not 3 of the tracks in the series will have poor attendance. For some reason there seems to be an inner circle of RC racers in this state that will not allow anyone new or any new ideas into their perceived inner circle. This definately is not going to entice new blood into the hobby. I think this series is a step in the right direction, but this series needs to encourage attendance at every event in any way possible. The first year could very well make or break the series, I for one would rather see the series make it. I will continue to support other series in this state as well, because I beleive that track variety makes us all better drivers. If this is a true points series there should be no throw outs. The racers who attend all 6 events should collect more points. Again just my humble opinion.
Old 07-20-2008, 02:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Good point!

Good Point! ...and the race now is a 2 out of 5 plus the finals race. So a racer must attend at least 3 races. Now with some of your points a strong consideration to up it to a 3 out of 5 points count plus finals might be something to put in place to help insure the so called "spread the love" affect for all of the tracks.

However the theory we have derived at allowing the racers room to breathe by only forcing a 2 or 3 out of 5 race plus finals attendance seems more feasible to aid in keeping in place a consistant motivation to attend at least 2 or 3 races to get on the board for points and then goto the finals. This makes sense when we as the directors take into consideration things like the average racers budget. This is why the dates are set in advance every year...the track locations are pretty much intact so a racer only has to plan ahead for a min 3 or 4 races for us. Now of course the guy that doesn't have to worry about a budget can make the 5 + finals if he wants of course. The simple way that our plan makes more sense is by allowing a racer to choose the rounds he wants to go to and mind his budget for the season. He/she is more likely to attend the 2 or 3 + finals knowing he has a good chance in the basic points race.

Now with a layout forcing the racers to attend all of the races or loose your chance at any podium position if you miss just one race....that to me would make me loose any motivation period to continue on with any more races for that year....if I missed one.

So rather than be forced to run 6 or not have a chance to podium if 1 is missed...we feel the options to choose how many you want to go to just feels better and more racer friendly.

Don't forget about the Points Monster awards....this is basically a 2nd points race in the series for the racers. This points race is all about total accumulation period. So if you want to put the pressure on yourself to attend as many races as you can and run as many classes as you can then this is the race you'll also be focused on.

To answer the statement about putting some sort of motivation in place to make racers want to attend the races. Well right now with it being over 7 months till our first race we have over $1500 in prizes and giveaways for the series....and we still have 7 months to go!!!

So in conclusion to your point....we have built a lot of freedom of choice into the primary points race but allowed the racers to put their own pressure on themselves for the Points Monster race.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

....and don't forget about the City/Track race. Remember that a host track obtains all points for the racers affiliated with them as well as any racers points awarded to any racer not affiliated with a host track...example out of state driver don't count towards any Georgia Host tracks. So when an out of stater...comes in and races his point total up for that host track.

The City race is something that will build up more and more popularity and flow as the years go on. At first it will probably be off balanced a little towards bigger tracks. However, this is why and how host tracks use this race to aid in their efforts into building their groups and becoming more of a threat in later years. The fact remains that in any race there is always someone in first place and someone in last. This is a tool to use throughout the season to pump people up for the race...and what better way to assist in that task than by seeing track owners and director attending every race like you guys are planning already. When people see that you are planning on it every year to attend...then if they didn't go the 1st year once they hear the good news form you when you get back...the odds are good that they will go the following year to more races themselves.

The idea about getting the host track owners/reps to go to every race is a good one. It's one that needs to be motivated and promoted by other host track owners/reps. I'm all for it...I think it's a no brainer...but you guys need to confirmed the intents between yourselves.

This series is all about growth...the first year out I'll bet most of the tracks will get around 70-130 entires. I would be dead shocked to see any one of the races bring in less than 60 entries. with the efforts we are putting into this series now over 7 months before the first race. The race series should be a common place idea and thought for most racers and Hobbyshops by the time we are finished with the initial promotion of the event.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

No not forced attendance, just encouraged and rewarded attendance, Remember the idea being to equalize and ensure good attendance at every event not just 2 or 3.Other wise I fear that failed attendance is inevitable at 2 tracks if not 3. My point was, what effect would that have on the series as a whole. Look at it this way, The series hasnt even started yet, and you already have some looking for ways to get out of as many of the races as possible. This doesnt ensure successful attendance at all the tracks, S.C.O.R.E deserves our support in the south just as BATTLEFEILD does in the north and in the interest of being fair how can we expect the guys in Savannah to come to events in the north and not feel obligated to return the favor because of a technicallity. Again these are just my humble opinions, Im in either way and pretty stoked about it I might add, I just want to see this series take off and be successful across the board. Thanks
Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs down Just my feelings

With 2 to 5 BIG races a yearto go to, plus my regular club race weekends, i for one will not enter this series. Some may have money and time to travel but like i said i have to save just to go to races like the Psycho Nitro, or the S.I.C. With fuel taking everyone's money, i'm sure there are others who feel the same way.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

The 2 out of 5 is not exactly set in stone. We have discussed this extensively, and feel that 3 out of 5 plus the finals is probably the way to go. However, feedback from racers is always a good thing.

As everyone knows our aim is to promote RC and the tracks/shops that are involved, whether owning the track or the hobby shop that is in the area.
The idea is promotion.
The whole idea of attending a race here or there and skip a specific track is a very valid concern. All of the host tracks are putting in major effort already to host the events that are still months away. Sure it is a concern that one or two the tracks may have a lower attendance than the others.
An idea that has been discussed is the way the finals will be handled.

A major idea is connected with the way we pick the spot for the finals.
The racers are going to vote for the track that they want to race for the finals. With this thought in mind it has been discussed that the choice should be between the two tracks that wound up having the least amount of entries during the series. Why? To give the track with the least amount of turnout to benefit with the extra racers and revenue that the other tracks got to experience. This works for both the track and the racers.

There are many incentives that have been discussed, here is an example of one. Gas cards. Sure it is going to be tough on gas, I will be at all 6 events, so this is something I understand.

At a lot of races the guys who are the best usually get the awards, trophies, plaques, T-shirts, etc. We are working on give-aways that will be targeted at every-one. Gas Cards. It would be great to go to a GSRCI race and have your gas payed for wouldn't it?

There is a lot that is discussed and explained here: RCMTracer.com
Old 07-20-2008, 06:38 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Gas Card

No doubt gas cards would be an awesome idea, and let me just say that I appreciate the fact that you are willing to hear and consider this racers opinions, as the Pres. of the series I know your job isnt an easy one, and I wouldnt trade places with you on a bet The idea to place the final race at the track with the least amount of racers during the regular season, is probably a very fair answer to the problem presented in my earlier posts, and I know that in the grand scheme a 0 throwout series isnt really the greatest idea because sometimes "Life Happens" so in the interest of being realistic I cast my vote for 1 throw out. Hey there is an idea, place a poll and put it to a vote, what do ya think? As I said before I am in either way, I just want to race
Old 07-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bgbelden
With 2 to 5 BIG races a yearto go to, plus my regular club race weekends, i for one will not enter this series. Some may have money and time to travel but like i said i have to save just to go to races like the Psycho Nitro, or the S.I.C. With fuel taking everyone's money, i'm sure there are others who feel the same way.

Well now keep it in mind that I know if your like me...you like to race and compete.

This series isn't something that you have to be in for the racers points race. Even if you just come to one single event be it a mid year race or the finals. Your points that you earn go towards your home track or track you affiliate with for the City/Track points race....so if anything just do one race close to you to represent your pride back home! Not too mention the fact that if you aren't there you can't have any chances to win any freebies or cash and prizes....and you'll miss some awesome BBQ provided by the host tracks. Shoot you could even just show up on a Sunday run a little practice...hit the LCQ and run the mains and only have a one-dayer for your budget concerns.

That's the beutiful thing about this series...you the racers have a lot of options.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.