The GSRCI 2009

Old 06-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default The GSRCI 2009 (The Georgia State R/C Invitational)

The Georgia State R/C Invitational...a true state wide championship race series

(Everyone is invited!)

6 tracks...5 cities...bragging' rights are up for grabs who will take home the trophy?

The predicted schedule for 2009

Round 01 - March 7th-8th

Round 02 - April 18th-19th

Round 03 - May 30th-31st

Round 04 - July 11th-12th

Round 05 - Aug 29th-30th

Finals Round - Oct 17th-18th

Track running order to be determined

Dalton R/C - Madison County R/C - Battle Field R/C - Augusta R/C - Phil Hurd R/C -Racers choice for Finals

www.gsrci.com

This Race series has been developed by a group of RC racers that wanted to bring the excitement of a National Event locally and give racers across the state of Georgia a chance to meet and compete with each other. The foundation and design of the event has been blueprinted from another very successful organization that has been running their series in Texas for over 8 years. 5 different tracks are picked and races are scheduled with time allowed between the events so guys can save up some travel'n money and get permission from their honey.

Why do they call it an Invitational?

Do you race off-road Nitro or Electric 1/8th scale or Nitro or Electric 1/10 scale???

Do you live in Georgia or in the surrounding area including other states?

Do you like to meet new people and competition?

Do you like BBQ?

Then you are invited to attend one or all 6 of the events.

The points race for the state will be based off of your best 2 out of 5 races and then a finals race to round out the year and the 6th race for the season will be choosen by the racers in the series. So 5 main points races through the year of which all you have to try and attend is 2. This makes it easier on the budget and to make traveling pans for yourself. If you are happy with your 2 races then you can be done until finals...if you aren't happy with your 2 races and you want to try and make up ground at a 3rd , 4th or the 5th race then you have that option. Point is...make at least 2 races and then plan for the finals race....and eat awesome BBQ each time.

Two days of extreme racing action, Three qualifiers on Saturdays, followed by a BBQ (some tracks have held the BBQ dinner back until Sundays and everyone would eat between the LCQ and the Mains on Sunday to insure any late shows on Sunday still got to eat some good food too.)
provided by the host group and come Sunday morning you have one more chance to improve
how you qualified and then its the Main Events.

Maybe your new to RC Nitro racing, thats ok, because there is a Sportsman Class in the Gas Truck/Electric, 8th Scale Buggy and Truggy classes. You can run with the Big Boys and sign up for the Expert Class but beware sandbaggers we do have a "Sportsman Bump". The Standard Monster Truck class is the HPI Savage, Losi LST2, AE Monster GT, Traxxas REVO and Tmaxx...basically if it ain't a Truggy and it's a MT it runs in this class!

Now there are several winners in this series every year and it's not just the racers either. Each track and it's city are racing for points as well as the racers themselves. All racers will have a home track that they will be registered as being associated with. If a racer comes from out of town to a race but does not belong to one of the other tracks in the Invitationals then he will be adopted by the host track at that race and they will receive any points towards the city races that he may earn. The host tracks will be racing for points, braggin rights and the privilege of holding the GSRCI trophy for that year.

Of course all of the racers involved are racing for the "Wood" in each race and the "Big Wood" for the "Points Winners" at the end of the season.

How does all of this sound so far?

Details of this event in the future, sponsorships and track participation can be seen here...

www.GSRCI.com

Last edited by MGT_STC007; 07-17-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 01:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Sounds like fun, but it's too spread out for the price of gas these days.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Actually the distances in the race locals is exactly what make this work.

It's a best 2 out of 5 series....so you can make 1,2,3 or all 5 races if you want. Then the final 6th race is held for the championship points.

Points wise the year long series will accumulate your best 2 out of 5 finishes. This means that the whole state of Georgia not just one certain side has a chance to make points and hit the 2 tracks closest to them or choose their favorites. Plus the planning of the events will be spread enough to allow plenty of time between races to allow you to save $$$ and get permission from your honies to go.

That was a good comment about the distance of the events but you didn't understand the overall intent of why exactly it has been planned that way. This way the whole state of GA can be involved and compete with each other on a more fair scale across the state. Not too leave out the fact that the cities invovled will be running against each other for city points as well.

Last edited by MGT_STC007; 07-10-2008 at 10:17 AM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MGT_STC007
Actually the distances in the race locals is exactly what make this work.

It's a best 3 out of 6 series....so you can make 1,2,3 or all 6 races if you want.

Points wise the year long series will accumulate your best 3 out of 6 finishes. This means that the whole state of Georgia not just one certain side has a chance to make points and hit the 3 tracks closest to them or choose their favorites. Plus the planning of the events will be spread enough to allow plenty of time between races to allow you to save $$$ and get permission from your honies to go.

That was a good comment about the distance of the events but you didn't understand the overall intent of why exactly it has been planned that way. This way the whole state of GA can be involved and compete with each other on a more fair scale across the state. Not too leave out the fact that the cities invovled will be running against each other for city points as well.
Yes that sounds better ( best 3 out of 6 ), but it still will have flaws if you do badddddd at one of your locfal tracks, then your forced to make another race.
Maybe it's just me because i don't have the money to spend on r/c as much as i'd like but i'm sure there's a few who would like to enter but also feel the sting of high fuel prices. They say i could spend 2 to 3 grand to heat my home this winter.
When is the aproxamite starting date ?
Any rules or specs that must be followed ?
Any way to prevent sandbaggers ?
Old 06-30-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

just out of curiosity but how come its only nitro? there is quite a few of electric off road racers in the area. Just curious.

and i do see the gas/electric mixed but only electric class is what i was referring to
Old 06-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Good questions....

There is an answer for both of you listed here:

http://www.rcmonstertruckforum.com/i...=3942.msg38183

The url will soon be GSRCI.com

A solution for sandbagger is presented...

Electrics and nitro will/can be blended...

Aproximate first race is intended to be after March 15th....the schedule is being derrived as we speak by the tracks involved.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

ok thank you....march 15th? wow i cant plan to the weekend...thats a ways away lol.
Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

They say i could spend 2 to 3 grand to heat my home this winter.

I thank you for the raise TVA just gave me too.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Not exactly March 15th just sometime after that....but when the schedule is in place you will have plenty of time to get things in place for yourself.

You guys mostly gas up there on utilities? I used to live in Columbus several years ago and I remember it seemed to be mostly gas from wha tI remembered.

What's TVA?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by toycardriver
They say i could spend 2 to 3 grand to heat my home this winter.

I thank you for the raise TVA just gave me too.
Your welcome. Really though i use propane.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

TVA is the second largest electric power production company in the US. They just had a 7% rate increase, thats why I was thanking him for the raise.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ohhh man well that sucks. Maybe once we get a schedule linned out you guys will be able to make the closest race venues to you to still make the series and get some of the good stuff that this series is going to bring along with it.

We just want to make absolute certain that we do our best not to conflict with other series going on in GA now for next year.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Tech Adept

This year is going to be hard on everyone. Thats why we are working things out together at our track so that we will travel to the other tracks for this event as a group on person spending $100.00 for gas is ruff 4 People spending $25.00 for gas not so bad....

Old 07-07-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

U guys wouldn't mind if i post this up on another forum to spread the word would ya??
Old 07-07-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sure go for it....that's exactly what we need.

Try and link into the GSRCI boards on www.rcmtracer.com too. That will be the place where the most current updates will be for the events. Also as soon as the track owners get their accounts laid out over there they have track specific boards to update for themselves.

It's all good!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.