Wiki Posts
Search

Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton

Bring pinion gears. This will be the fastest track of the series. The track width will be 12 feet min and up to 14 ft in some areas depending on the layout. The plan is to build it on Friday and start at 5 pm Saturday. There will be only two heats and a main to get everyone out before dark but the lot is lighted just in case. You will be able to practice as soon as you arrive. Have all your batteries charged before the race if you can so we can keep going. Ultra smooth asphalt and wide sweeping turns. I want to see some smoke coming off of the tires! The track is super easy to find (no turns to make) but I will let Snoopy give the info on that. Oh, this is a very nice track for the Mini drivers also so load'em up! The entry will be the usual $10 and half will go to the Church for letting us race there. I think there will also be conncesions but doc can answer that better than I can.
If this race is anything like the first round it is going to be a fight to the finish. Can't wait!
Old 04-12-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Any possibility of starting earlier (say 3PM) and running an additional qualifier?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what date is this race?
Old 04-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

This race is on Saturday April 19th.
Old 04-12-2008, 04:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

I cant wait, got some foams for the F1 and hooking my 4 cell up as well. No more F1 drifting for me, I hope.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Any possibility of starting earlier (say 3PM) and running an additional qualifier?
If at all possible I would like to start earlier but it would be hard for this race. (other things going on here at home) If I knew everyone was there and would be ready it could be bumped up to 4-4:30 but that is if everyone can be there and ready. If someone says they could not make it by 4 it would not be right to have them race one heat and a main. Two and a main here and at the fire station will work well for these races. Then we go back to the 3 heat racing to finish. Ain't nutt'n but a thang!
Old 04-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Randy Nukem
I cant wait, got some foams for the F1 and hooking my 4 cell up as well. No more F1 drifting for me, I hope.
Drifting is ok. Remember my motto! It's hard to pass a sideways F1 car.
By the way, Last year Gary Williams ran his MLP 4wd at Monteagle with rubber and loved it. Then made some laps at cross point before he had to leave and said the traction was perfect with rubber tires. Bring them just in case.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

The event was planned late for a couple of reasons.

1. Last year our race was part of a bigger event. (If anyone remembers the Helicopter and small car show) This year we are just using the parking lot. There is a wedding anniversary ceremony planned at 11:00 that morning. I dont expect them to be there more than a few hours. But we dont want to have a large presence there until after that is over. The Gentleman celebrating his anniversary, is the man who got us the opportunity to race there last year. So I would like not to tread on his special day. It shouldnt be a problem though. We will probably be the only ones there by the time we get rolling.

2. The other reason that we are running late is that we are hoping to have participation from the guys who run dirt at the Two nearby dirt tracks, Dalton RC and Battlefield Raceway. So we are trying to make it easy for them to do both.

Directions
I-75 exit 336 Rocky Face and go East. From Atlanta you will be bearing to the right off the exit ramp onto the North Dalton ByPass. From Chattanooga you will be exiting by cloverleaf and making a right onto the North Dalton ByPass.
Cross the first bridge and start counting lights. At the 8th light make a right onto Underwood st.

1st light- Willowdale Rd.
2.Haig Mill Rd.
3.North Thorton Ave.
4.Reed Rd.
5.Cleveland Highway
6.Veterans Drive/Fleming St.
7.Cross Plains Trail (Heritage Park & Firehouse)
8.Underwood St. (Crosspionte Center sign and building are visible from here.)

Bring drop cord as there are several outlets along the side of the building. Might not even need generators.

My Cell 706 537 1342
Old 04-12-2008, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

We are going to be on the opposite side this year. The plan is to race in the area that has been photoshopped red and pit in the pink.
Attached Thumbnails Rd. 2 @ Cross Point Dalton-crosspointesat02.jpg  
Old 04-12-2008, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looking forward to this race. I got my 6cell and 4 cell car rdy
Old 04-13-2008, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Looking forward to this race. I got my 6cell and 4 cell car rdy
Your 2nd place is in the bag! I'll try to make it look like you earned it.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

I like the idea of NOT having generators at the track. It's really hard to hear anything in Monteagle with 4+ generators running. A quite raceday might be a pretty cool change of events.

I understand the reason for the later start time now. That's cool. I guess sometime around 2:00pm would be a good time to arrive at the track.

Do any of the dirt racers have on-road cars?
Old 04-13-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxrich
Your 2nd place is in the bag! I'll try to make it look like you earned it.
What!!! Are there only 2 cars racing Saturday?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Do any of the dirt racers have on-road cars?
I dunno. I wouldn't mind a loaner and I would run something after I finish my day of dirt play. The 19th is my new car's debut/shake down.

Maybe Nick has something I can run for the day...
Old 04-13-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

A few of them have onroad stuff but the plan is to go by there and invite them to check it out when they leave the dirt track. I do have a small 1000 watt deal that is very quiet. I was going to bring it if anyone needed power. Snoop said there was more electricity on that side though so we'll see if it's needed. No, there will be at least three. Don't forget the 4-cell pack/s. I'll be gentle.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.