Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prime Time Hobbies, Calhoun

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2007, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Default The Bowl

I'm talking about the Bowl Saturday.....
As far as Sunday I will be supporting the onroad guys and practicing on the offroad track.
Dirt
Originally Posted by ChadRacing
Jab we are cool....Are you talkin gabout PRIME TIME or The BOWL? .i dont care if its a practice day.....But this is the first road race for the season. If you run just offroad thats fine but no oval. But like Shaun said if one starts to do it others will join. Im not trying to be rude.. Just on a raceday no other tracks should be used in my opinion. Like when we ran offroad this past weekend, I didnt like the fact people where driving on the oval while we were racing on the offroad track. If it was saturday or any other day besides a race day every track can be run on
Old 03-23-2007, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I dont run at the bowl so i dont mind what happens there at all......
Old 03-23-2007, 07:54 PM
Tech Addict

Default Chad

I'm glad you don't mind....Cuz it's all about what you think! Good Luck Sunday!
Dirt
Old 03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Sunday should be a good turnout Should also be some good racing for the mini's and touring cars
Old 03-23-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
If you are talking about Primetime, you may want to talk with Tommy about that. To my understanding he is not going to give up his revenue for the off-raod track just becasuse you are racing on-road.
I have talked to Tommy on this matter. Practicing on other tracks while a race event is in progress isn't going to happen. Now before racing starts on Sunday if someone on 2.4GHz wants to run on the off-road track, that's fine. But when racing starts at 1PM, practicing on all other tracks will end.

I've seen some pretty pissed off people in my 20 years of RC racing that have had someone else running on another track turn a radio on during a race and cause some serious damage to their car. During races we do not use the clip board. That makes it hard for people that want to practice to know what channels are open since all the clips will be on the board. It's just not worth taking that chance. While races are in progress all other tracks should be closed for practice. Sunday is a raceday, not an open practice day. This is the standard procedure used across the board at all big RC Facilities. It's used for a reason, it works.

There's plenty of time to practice at Primetime on non-racedays. Actually, Primetime has more open practice time than most tracks out there. Some tracks I've been to do not allow any practicing during the week at all. The only time you get to practice is on raceday before the races start. With all the open practice time available at Primetime, I can't see Tommy trying to cram even more practice in for all tracks on a Raceday and put in jeopardy the frequency control of the Race Program.
Old 03-23-2007, 09:28 PM
Tech Addict

Talking Shawn

I think the track Offroad that is is open to spektrum users all day...(at least that's what I understood after speaking with tommy Wednesday) I could be wrong but I'm sure Tommy is going to have the last word on that. There will be people there monitoring traffic, and when you pay for a pit pass your radio can always be verified. Don't worry we will get it worked out!
Have Fun Good luck God bless and good night!
Dirt
Old 03-23-2007, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt
Don't worry we will get it worked out!
I'm sure Tommy will make the right decision on this matter.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

If you ask me, nothing but on road should be run on on road days. The tracks are usually pretty dry and kick up alot of dust that gets on the on road track and makes for a slipery situation. I thihnk that this is the only way to avoid it. I may sound a bit harsh... but I htink you'll all agree with me on this one,