Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prime Time Hobbies, Calhoun

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this coming sunday will be the on road scene :P im pretty sure we are running 27t stock this weekend for the touring cars. there will be minis and possibly f1's i got the arms for my 1/8 scale so the next off road race im ready :P as well as the gt for the oval racing! hope to see all out there this weekend and have a great season!
Old 03-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by misfitz28
this coming sunday will be the on road scene :P im pretty sure we are running 27t stock this weekend for the touring cars. there will be minis and possibly f1's i got the arms for my 1/8 scale so the next off road race im ready :P as well as the gt for the oval racing! hope to see all out there this weekend and have a great season!
I think oval is next sunday april 1st
Old 03-23-2007, 07:23 AM
Tech Addict

Smile 9:00a.m Suger Bowl?

Yo Colonrc!
So I can show up and practice This Sat morning at suger Bowl? If so how much does it cost to practice?
Thank You!
Jabari
Old 03-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Colonrc

Hey again!
In your opinion are you guys (the onroad dudes) going to be opposed to me running offroad with a spektrum radio while your there? I just don't wan't to drive all the way out there for nothing.
Thnaks
Jabari
Old 03-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Don't think the guys would carry if you have a spektrum.
Old 03-23-2007, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Default Thanks Dman!

Thanks Dman!
I hope everybody else feels the same! I live a little over 1 hour away and that would really suck. LOL
Dirt
Old 03-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Might be a bad thing to do cause if you are running dirt and we are actually racing onroad....dust will get on the onroad and make us lose traction
Old 03-23-2007, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Default Really

Are you serious?
Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
Tech Addict

Default Really!?!?!

A lil Dirt from McGirt would ruin your PRACTICE ????
Chad, I thought we were cooler than that?!?!?!?
What gives?
Jab
Old 03-23-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dirt McGirt
Hey again!
In your opinion are you guys (the onroad dudes) going to be opposed to me running offroad with a spektrum radio while your there? I just don't wan't to drive all the way out there for nothing.
Thnaks
Jabari
If you plan to practice off-road in Calhoun this weekend, try to run on Saturday. Sunday will be a Raceday for the on-road and people running on the other tracks at the same time isn't a good idea.
Old 03-23-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am not sure why anybody would care if we practiced on the off-road track, not the oval. The oval is too close to the road track. As far as dirt getting on the road track, I find that hard to believe. I have no problem with anybody running on-road or on the oval for that matter when it's race day for the off-road track. The off-road track is 40 yards away. I think running spektrum would be mandatory.

Just my opinion
Old 03-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Once you allow one person to run, more people are going to want to run reguardless if they have a 2.4GHz Radio System. It's when someone goes to run on the off-road without a frequency clip we have a problem. We don't need the added burden of constantly have to check the off-road track to make sure all cars are on 2.4GHz or have a frequency clip.

The only solution is to keep people off all other tracks on racedays. The track was open for practice all week, it will be open all day tomorrow. So there's plenty of opportunities to practice on non-racedays.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

If I understood Dirt correctly though, he's talking about the 'Bowl not PrimeTime. And it would take one helluva gust of wind to carry the dirt to the on-road track at the 'Bowl.

I don't think the plans include an official race at the 'Bowl this weekend.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Once you allow one person to run, more people are going to want to run reguardless if they have a 2.4GHz Radio System. It's when someone goes to run on the off-road without a frequency clip we have a problem. We don't need the added burden of constantly have to check the off-road track to make sure all cars are on 2.4GHz or have a frequency clip.

The only solution is to keep people off all other tracks on racedays. The track was open for practice all week, it will be open all day tomorrow. So there's plenty of opportunities to practice on non-racedays.
If you are talking about Primetime, you may want to talk with Tommy about that. To my understanding he is not going to give up his revenue for the off-raod track just becasuse you are racing on-road.
Old 03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Jab we are cool....Are you talkin gabout PRIME TIME or The BOWL? .i dont care if its a practice day.....But this is the first road race for the season. If you run just offroad thats fine but no oval. But like Shaun said if one starts to do it others will join. Im not trying to be rude.. Just on a raceday no other tracks should be used in my opinion. Like when we ran offroad this past weekend, I didnt like the fact people where driving on the oval while we were racing on the offroad track. If it was saturday or any other day besides a race day every track can be run on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.