Like Tree63Likes

Village Raceway in Royal Palm Beach

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Profoxcg
^ LOL hahaha. I think I need to change my name to that. "carfox" haha

What time do you guys get there again? I need to stop by home and get my stuff. I will need to work on the car before I put in on the track but that is not a problem. I need to put a wing on my car. Does anyone have any extra hardware I can borrow just in case?

Do you guys set up the ti mining no, right?
6-7pm and there will be no timing system.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Whats going on all....I checked the first page and see posted classes, My question is if you guys do or have any interest in running WGT or VTA classes??? I just moved down from New Jersey and we had a big following on both those classes up there. If not no worries cause I have a 17.5 car

Thanks
Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

There's 1 or 2 WGT cars floating around, and VTA never seemed to catch on in Florida. There are a few 1/12th scales around as well, but most of the pan car action is up in Tampa where there is a permanent carpet track. By and large, FL is a touring car state when it comes to on road.

Hope to see you at the track soon.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

yeah dont be like that profox guy who never shows up... lol
Old 06-13-2012, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

7pm.. left my house only to realize I had left my charger behind... I cannot win.
Old 06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by M-Technic
There's 1 or 2 WGT cars floating around, and VTA never seemed to catch on in Florida. There are a few 1/12th scales around as well, but most of the pan car action is up in Tampa where there is a permanent carpet track. By and large, FL is a touring car state when it comes to on road.

Hope to see you at the track soon.
Cool I'm looking foward to it....WGT cars are sick on asphalt hopefully it catches on...thats a shame with VTA they are fun because the racing is so close its all about tune...I run a top photon for 17.5 which is the biggest class back in the tri state area brutally fast and tight racing for a 17.5 blinky class maybe I can sway you guys to possibly run 13.5 blinky....Lots of fun!! Hope to see you all soon!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 12th scale

How often do you have a 12th scale class? I have been racing off road for awhile and have always wanted to try 12th scale on road but kind of feel I am putting money into a class that I would only be racing myself.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

We primarily run the classes that FSEARA runs. FSEARA's primary expert class for last year was 17.5 boosted. If FSEARA goes 13.5 blink , then we will as well.

What the plan is, we will run 17.5 boost and 13.5 blink together for some time, to let the racers transition.

We run the Solaris tire as a spec tire .. If your curious...

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
Cool I'm looking foward to it....WGT cars are sick on asphalt hopefully it catches on...thats a shame with VTA they are fun because the racing is so close its all about tune...I run a top photon for 17.5 which is the biggest class back in the tri state area brutally fast and tight racing for a 17.5 blinky class maybe I can sway you guys to possibly run 13.5 blinky....Lots of fun!! Hope to see you all soon!
Old 06-13-2012, 06:18 PM
Tech Champion

We have had 12th at the last two club races.. Still trying to get it's feet.

I would say if the trend that we are having continues, it will be a viable class.

Come on out and check things out at the track , we would love to have another race, but would hate for you to spend money on something that is not popular

Thanks,
Tim

Originally Posted by rc10freak85
How often do you have a 12th scale class? I have been racing off road for awhile and have always wanted to try 12th scale on road but kind of feel I am putting money into a class that I would only be racing myself.

Thanks for any advice.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the info. I hope to be out there shortly. I plan on building the 12th scale car while am recovering from knee surgery tomorrow.

Originally Posted by TimPotter
We have had 12th at the last two club races.. Still trying to get it's feet.

I would say if the trend that we are having continues, it will be a viable class.

Come on out and check things out at the track , we would love to have another race, but would hate for you to spend money on something that is not popular

Thanks,
Tim
Old 06-14-2012, 04:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TimPotter
We primarily run the classes that FSEARA runs. FSEARA's primary expert class for last year was 17.5 boosted. If FSEARA goes 13.5 blink , then we will as well.

What the plan is, we will run 17.5 boost and 13.5 blink together for some time, to let the racers transition.

We run the Solaris tire as a spec tire .. If your curious...
cool..and thats good because i have a ton of them since that was our spec tire back north
Old 06-14-2012, 05:30 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 2SlowTC
Yeah, it's fun. WGT is just one of those classes that comes and goes across the state, but has never been popular at our track. For instance, at the beginning of the last FSEARA season, the first 2 races had close to 15 entries in WGT. By the end of the season, the last 3 races either had no entries, or only 1-3 in WGT.

Originally Posted by rc10freak85

Thanks for any advice.
Supposedly there are 10+ 1/12th scale cars in our area, but they don't come out to the track during our normal track days I guess, because I never see them. However, a few of them have run at the last club races so I guess we do have a little class going.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=M-Technic;10858576]Yeah, it's fun. WGT is just one of those classes that comes and goes across the state, but has never been popular at our track. For instance, at the beginning of the last FSEARA season, the first 2 races had close to 15 entries in WGT. By the end of the season, the last 3 races either had no entries, or only 1-3 in WGT.

I can tell you this....I have found out through experience that if you bring your cars to the track week to week and people see it on the track the class will pick up Well lets hope But I'm in for boosted 17.5 see you guys soon!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

^ so then ill get an Mugen, and we can get some rear racing going ... lol
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

it doesn't matter what you get, you will never show up. you will forget to get dressed or something crazy like that. Oooops, I forgot my shoes....I slept in...forgot my charger...and that is not even half of the excuses.
Originally Posted by Profoxcg
^ so then ill get an Mugen, and we can get some rear racing going ... lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.