Two more races on this layout!
Old 01-23-2015, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikehoncho
  • Saturday – Practice 10 am-3 pm – Off Road & Dirt Oval
  • Sunday – Off Road Race | Gates open 8 am | Races starts 10 am
Two more races on this layout!
What weekend are you changing the layout so I can come out and help with the build of the new layout ?
Old 01-23-2015, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Track Layout Construction

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 we'll once again construct a new layout. If you'd like to help out, it’s alway appreciated. With enough people we should complete the layout, repair the track’s walls and finish updating the electrical system.

Brett Hold is once again helping us with equipment and Keith Lane will be operating it. Please contact us through email, Facebook, rectech.net or come up and let us know.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

On Saturday, February 14, 2015 we'll once again construct a new layout. If you'd like to help out, it’s alway appreciated. With enough people we should complete the layout, repair the track’s walls and finish updating the electrical system.

Brett Hold is once again helping us with equipment and Keith Lane will be operating it. Please contact us through email, Facebook, rectech.net or come up and let us know.
Are you trying to get us killed on valentines day lmao...... see ya there!
Old 01-31-2015, 07:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Questions?? Coral Springs Racers Need Your HelP???

Hi guys - I will be racing with you all shortly, been out of it for about 10 years. Looking forward to coming back.

I am trying to decide which to purchase in a 2wd buggy.

The Associated , and with that which is working better at your track the B5 or the B5M?

or would you suggest the TLR?

Thanks for the help!!

Ron
Old 02-07-2015, 01:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Ron, welcome back to RC! A Lot has changed since then for the better, so I've heard. I'm fairly new myself (just over a year in). I would suggest TLR not just because my team races it exclusively but more because it seems to be the favor on the track.
Two weeks ago someone was looking for someone with a spare part to borrow for his associated and couldn't find anyone who races them there, that alone is a great reason to go with TLR at our track.
As for mid or rear motor, it's a preference but Mid motor seems to take the win at our track as the layout changes somewhat frequently and while it may be a hard packed track with great grooming, it only grooves after numerous races.
Again, take my 2 cents for what it's worth. I am new to the hobby after all.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ron, your best bet is to go to the track and ask a lot of questions. I have a b5. I am happy with it, but I just started racing this class. I am not an expert here, but I can tell you that I have not broken one part. I am happy with my purchase.
Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Is there an official thread yet for the Winter Championship somewhere?
Old 02-11-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default South Florida Winter Championship Announcement

Due to a highly active 2014/2015 racing season, several scheduling adjustments and conflicts beyond our control. I have asked Mike Applegate to cancel this year’s South Florida Winter Championship. We tried to hold out and see if we could make it work, but in the end, it came down to me not wishing to create any problems or issues with other venues, events or RC racing promoters.

We will reboot this event and hold it early in 2016 with a renewed vigor and give it the full attention the South Florida Winter Championship deserves. We are also planning some other great events for the 2015/2016 racing season.

Last edited by mikehoncho; 02-11-2015 at 07:12 AM. Reason: Wording
Old 02-11-2015, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Due to a highly active 2014/2015 racing season, several scheduling adjustments and conflicts beyond our control. I have asked Mike Applegate to cancel this year’s South Florida Winter Championship. We tried to hold out and see if we could make it work, but in the end, it came down to me not wishing to create any problems or issues with other venues, events or RC racing promoters.

We will reboot this event and hold it early in 2016 with a renewed vigor and give it the full attention the South Florida Winter Championship deserves. We are also planning some other great events for the 2015/2016 racing season.

Last edited by ~KANE~; 02-11-2015 at 09:19 AM.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm so envious of you guys down there in the sun.
Old 02-17-2015, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

For those not plugged in on FB, here's a time lapse of the Valentines day track rebuild...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33D8cs0rDa0
Old 02-17-2015, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

looking to convert my 22 1.0 to a 2.0 what do I need besides spindles and castor blocks? what piston size should I get? I thinking of leaving it RM till the chasis and hinge pin block becomes available. Thanks for the help
Old 02-17-2015, 11:39 AM
Tech Adept

Default Thank you!

I’d like to thank everyone who helped out this past weekend. Patrick and Pak, these two guys never stopped working (all day long) and we got as far as we did because of them. Brett for saving us on the rental of a Bobcat and the fuel that goes into it. Keith for once again working the Bobcat like the pro he is. Fred and Phil for doing hundreds of hours of electrical work, with updating the track’s electrical infrastructure and giving us new lighting and a fighting chance when the races go longer than we've planned. Daniel and Jarred for being there to support the many tasks that we had to do. Richard for filming and helping with whatever we needed. Dennis, for not only walking all the way to watch but lending a hand when needed. Dan for helping with altercations and coming back Sunday to do more adjustments. I know we said we wouldn't work on Sunday but Pak just showed up and and in his own way, encouraged us to get more done to hopefully get the track open on time for this Saturday’s practice.

All in all, we fixed the southern wall, completed more electrical work (with additional lighting) and the layout 95% rebuilt. If I didn't mention you it’s because I’ll be turning 50 in about a week and a half, so please give a “soon to be” old man a little slack. Once again, thank you all. We’re coming up into an exciting spring season with the JConcepts Super Cup, plus some new events being planned now.

Finally, I’d like to thank BlackStar for not showing up. It saved us a lot of time, LOL.

M.H.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.