R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   HOBBYTOWN USA NITRO & ELECTRIC ON ROAD RACING (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/575726-hobbytown-usa-nitro-electric-road-racing.html)

esckalayd 01-05-2012 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Rob S Hobbytown (Post 10118989)
Want to say thank you to all who came out and raced,Thank you so very much again,:D
Also Gotta give it to the Superior Guys who came out and blistered the track times:eek:,Our local guys need to step it up even myself lol.:cry:
Maybe we can get a point race series going with the guys in Orlando.Also wanted to say let me know when you guys have a race at Superior would like to come and support as you guys do the same here.Wanna give me dates that way I can put the flyer at the shop and advertise for races also.
Lets bring On Road back,Like never before and I think working together will do that.So lets do it.Speed asphalt is where it is.:flaming:
Also thank you Pete without you it would have not gone so well.
Next race is Jan 15th same bat time same bat channel.So be there.also just so you know there are five sundays in this month so will be three weeks after the 15th,
One last thing Space Coast Short Course Titusville has a race coming up guys so look for it on there website.
Rob S

There is no Superior Race until sometime in march probably. Too much racing coming up plus the winter nats next month

Rob S Hobbytown 01-05-2012 06:28 PM

Classes

Well believe it or not nitro is doing great, Far as electric open touring with slicks is full two heats and also GT touring is just as full.Far as Roar classes the guys out there are running 17.5 in both classes and that are the guys that are winning.Even over all the mod motors.But if there are enough people who wanna make a spec roar class we will do.
But most of all I dont turn anyone away to race so what ever you have you can race.But the door is always open for any suggestions to make it better.Just remember I dont wanna get all into rules where it turns out to turn people away.That always seems to be the killer in racing when the rules start applying.So Thats why I wanted to make it open.With the only rule 7.4 lipo max.and the tire rule.Seems to work best and everyone is happy.
Last but not least like I said before the biggest thing I find funny is the guys running stock motors as like the 17.5 are kicking our butt and we have motors like 6.5,5.5,even 4.5 so there it is.If your good you should have no prob kicking butt with stock motors.
Dave franklin came out and laid down a 13.98 lap which until then the fastest was 15.6 I thought I had a nice lap then but he showed me how it is suppose to be done.So job well done.
Thanks,
Rob S

Damnit Man 01-05-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Rob S Hobbytown (Post 10129725)
Well believe it or not nitro is doing great, Far as electric open touring with slicks is full two heats and also GT touring is just as full.Far as Roar classes the guys out there are running 17.5 in both classes and that are the guys that are winning.Even over all the mod motors.But if there are enough people who wanna make a spec roar class we will do.
But most of all I dont turn anyone away to race so what ever you have you can race.But the door is always open for any suggestions to make it better.Just remember I dont wanna get all into rules where it turns out to turn people away.That always seems to be the killer in racing when the rules start applying.So Thats why I wanted to make it open.With the only rule 7.4 lipo max.and the tire rule.Seems to work best and everyone is happy.
Last but not least like I said before the biggest thing I find funny is the guys running stock motors as like the 17.5 are kicking our butt and we have motors like 6.5,5.5,even 4.5 so there it is.If your good you should have no prob kicking butt with stock motors.
Dave franklin came out and laid down a 13.98 lap which until then the fastest was 15.6 I thought I had a nice lap then but he showed me how it is suppose to be done.So job well done.
Thanks,
Rob S

Spray the track with sugar water and racing would be better. That would be the only change I would make. It would make the cars a lot easier for everyone to drive. The layout was great, and the surface wasn't bad either. In touring I was running my mod car with a 4.5 in it. Dave and I exchanged fast laps(14.01) a couple of times, but I think I would have been much quicker if I used my 17.5 car. I demand a rematch!:lol: It was way too much power, especially for the traction. In the GT class I was running a front wheel drive car and no timing on a 17.5 motor. Again, I demand a rematch!:lol:

BackerRacing 01-05-2012 09:59 PM

how bout a 1/10th Short Course Truck class no jumps just whatever track yall got layed out

FLEXXLUTHER 01-06-2012 01:15 PM

SPORTSMAN CLASS

Rob do you have a regular sportsman class ? there are new people that want to get into the hobby but are older than 15.

rcpaintinpete 01-06-2012 08:35 PM

TTT

Originally Posted by BackerRacing (Post 10130693)
how bout a 1/10th Short Course Truck class no jumps just whatever track yall got layed out

Backer welcome to rctech nice to see some new racers joining
Bring the trucks and your friends all you need is 4 or more
To make up a class and I know we have guys in the aera with
Short course trucks that would love to get on the track

Rob the 15th is the next date correct
Maybe we can get a race flyer with all the dates
Sow we can post it up and hand out

Donovan I think I still have the sprayer if not I will make a new one
Just gotta get mr rob to fill it and use lol
I to want to watch the rematch

Serpent-Dan 01-07-2012 10:41 AM

Looks good Pete

Q-B0R0 B0MBER 01-07-2012 12:22 PM

SODA (ROOT BEER )

SPRAY THE TRACK WITH CHEAP GRAPE SODA OR ROOT BEER THE TRACTION WILL BE THERE ALL DAY LONG BELIEVE ME WE SPRAYED KRACEWAY WITH SODA AND THE TRACTION WOULD COME UP INSTANTLY WAY BETTER THAN THAT SUGAR WATER MIX ,THAT WAY NITRO AND ELECTRIC GUYS WILL HAVE TRACTION.......ALL DAY A COUPLE OF TWO LITERS (5) WILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH YOU CAN DILLUTE IT WITH WATER TO MAKE IT STRETCH PETE IM COMIN DOWN ON THE 15 TO SHOW YOU HOW TO TURN THEM FASST LAPZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!:sneaky::sneaky:

esckalayd 01-07-2012 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Q-B0R0 B0MBER (Post 10136840)
SPRAY THE TRACK WITH CHEAP GRAPE SODA OR ROOT BEER THE TRACTION WILL BE THERE ALL DAY LONG BELIEVE ME WE SPRAYED KRACEWAY WITH SODA AND THE TRACTION WOULD COME UP INSTANTLY WAY BETTER THAN THAT SUGAR WATER MIX ,THAT WAY NITRO AND ELECTRIC GUYS WILL HAVE TRACTION.......ALL DAY A COUPLE OF TWO LITERS (5) WILL BE MORE THAN ENOUGH YOU CAN DILLUTE IT WITH WATER TO MAKE IT STRETCH PETE IM COMIN DOWN ON THE 15 TO SHOW YOU HOW TO TURN THEM FASST LAPZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!:sneaky::sneaky:

I took my xray off the track and ran my ntc3, the xray with the nova's might be a little too much. You'll need to change the setup quite a bit too :tire::tire:

rcpaintinpete 01-07-2012 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Q-B0R0 B0MBER (Post 10136840)

I GOT THE SUPER SECRET MIX RON DONT YOU GUYS WORRIE
I WILL GIVE ROB THE RECIPE TO MAKE TRACTION FOR DAYS LOL:eek:

FLEXXLUTHER 01-08-2012 04:06 PM

q-boro, its on now..

FLEXXLUTHER 01-08-2012 04:09 PM

Ron the only fast lap you will do is when your car jumps pipe. lol

Rob S Hobbytown 01-08-2012 05:29 PM

Track N Race

Next race is on Jan the 15th track should be open for practice by 830 am and racing to start by 1045 or 1100.Still feeling things out and yes I will have a flyer ready and also the future race dates but as always just remember the first and third sunday of every month.
Allright guys I have talked with Pete and will to have the track sprayed down ,With what ever Pete suggest to use,
As I go, I hope to get things better and better,So just please bear with me, And hopefully it will be almost as good as Pete did.But he he is a great mentor for me.:sweat:
::confusedOrlando guys look forward to you guys coming down, hopefully we Brevard guys will have something for you this time:sneaky:,But we have alot of work to do.:cool:
:DOne more thing remember there are five Sundays in this month so there will be three weeks till next race after Jan 15th the next will not be till Feb 5th.:lol:

rcpaintinpete 01-08-2012 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by FLEXXLUTHER (Post 10141554)
Ron the only fast lap you will do is when your car jumps pipe. lol

ROFLMAO Ron you better bring it next race or this will never stop!!!

Looking forward to some new recruits.
And Look forward to next weekend. Lol

rcpaintinpete 01-08-2012 05:39 PM

SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY
NITRO and ELECTRIC RACING
@ HOBBY TOWN USA MELBOURNE