R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   HOBBYTOWN USA NITRO & ELECTRIC ON ROAD RACING (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/575726-hobbytown-usa-nitro-electric-road-racing.html)

rcpaintinpete 12-07-2011 07:40 PM

HOBBYTOWN USA NITRO & ELECTRIC ON ROAD RACING

YES REAL RC RACING IS BACK for you guys in palm bay /melbourne
HOBBYTOWN will be running onroad nitro and electric races in the
front parking lot @ 4335 w newhaven ave-32904
please call ROB S @321-574-0951 with any ?s about the race program

we will be gitting news from rob about the classes/race dates/and other great stuff ROB is working on @ HOBBYTOWN for the RACERS

Rob S Hobbytown 12-07-2011 08:24 PM

Thank you Pete for the support. I greatly appreciate it and anytime you want to come and announce the mic is all yours.

I want to thank everyone for the support we have had so far in our races. As of right now we are running the 1st and 3rd Sunday of every month starting January 1st.

We are currently running the following classes:
:tire:1/10 scale Nitro Touring
:tire:1/10 Scale Electric Touring (any body, rubber slicks or foams is ok, 7.4 LiPO, any motor, any ESC)
:tire:1/10 Scale Electric Touring GT (same rules as electric touring except X pattern tires or vintage)
:tire:Sportsman 15 & under class for the kids.
If enough entries show up to run a Roar rules class, we will run that class seperate.
We are using AMB transponders in our races (which are also sold at HobbyTown USA Melbourne).
$10 entry fee for the first class and $5 each additional class. Gift cards are awarded for 1st, 2nd & 3rd place finishers.
Coming soon --- Kysho nitro & electric kits, Associated Nitro & Electric kits, Hotbodies kits,

If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Again, Thank you to all the RC racers and RCpainting Pete for the support.:D

rcpaintinpete 12-07-2011 08:59 PM

Tracks and club links

Marcos or Tim can you please add this to the Florida club tracks link I just noticed it's locked and we would like to be on it Thank you guys

Jea3 12-08-2011 08:57 AM

Finally!!!!

Thanks Rob for finally getting Dave to get a real race program going. It will take a bit to get everyone back on the track, but it will pay off.

When do you guys expect to have Kyosho kits in stock? I really would like to take a look at the RRRR.

Marcos.J 12-08-2011 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete (Post 10010295)
Marcos or Tim can you please add this to the Florida club tracks link I just noticed it's locked and we would like to be on it Thank you guys

Done:)

rcpaintinpete 12-08-2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 10012249)
Done:)

BIG THANKS MARCOS YOU THE MAN
i will see if rob can send you the web site info

Rob S Hobbytown 12-08-2011 09:14 PM

Thanks Again for all the support, Kits will be arriving soon just please call the shop for info on cars and parts, I dont want to advertise on here for the shop they have rules on that and I wasn't aware of them so I will only be able to respond to track talk. And I just want to have respect for the RCTECH website so please understand, For any questions regarding track info I will give updates on here daily.
I will try to check here twice a day but will always check at the end of the night.
Next race will be New Years day, YES thats correct New Years day.Thanks to Paintin Pete we will have his track. We have currently had three races so far and its been great, And now that all the little bugs are just about worked out we will be able to offer a good program. Its not a huge track but the fastest lap time turned on the layout we have is 15.6 not lots and lots of speed but a good competetive layout.
Back stretch lane width is 13 ft and all other are 12 foot, Its nothing huge but its some good club level racing to keep you freshened up for the big races. So I feel confident that I can give you guys a great place to come race have fun!
Thank You Again Paintin Pete For all that you are doing.

dlarry 12-09-2011 04:07 AM

Painting Pete getting back into RC Racing Whooooo Hooooooo!

Robertcooper88 12-09-2011 05:34 AM

This is great news!! I look forward to coming up and racing.

pejota 12-09-2011 06:00 AM

Which of these seems to be the most popular?

Run what ya brung?
Run what ya brung with X-patterns?
ROAR class?

I've got enough stuff to go any direction. I just don't wanna be the only guy in my own class.

Originally Posted by Rob S Hobbytown (Post 10010162)
:tire:1/10 Scale Electric Touring (any body, rubber slicks or foams is ok, 7.4 LiPO, any motor, any ESC)
:tire:1/10 Scale Electric Touring GT (same rules as electric touring except X pattern tires or vintage)
If enough entries show up to run a Roar rules class, we will run that class seperate.

rcpaintinpete 12-09-2011 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by dlarry (Post 10015256)
Painting Pete getting back into RC Racing Whooooo Hooooooo!

WASSSSSSUP DAVE yes IM back

rcpaintinpete 12-09-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by pejota (Post 10015474)
Which of these seems to be the most popular?

Run what ya brung?
Run what ya brung with X-patterns?
ROAR class?

I've got enough stuff to go any direction. I just don't wanna be the only guy in my own class.

PJ just bring them all with you so you can run......
WE dont chase racers AWAY for not having the correct "stuff"

pejota 12-09-2011 06:34 AM

Would rather focus on one or two cars.
I'll see what i can do...

rcpaintinpete 12-09-2011 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by pejota (Post 10015566)
Would rather focus on one or two cars.
I'll see what i can do...

call ROB S @ hobbytown and he can help you with this

Q-B0R0 B0MBER 12-09-2011 06:15 PM

PAINTIN PETE IS BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACKKKKKKKKK !!!!!!!I REMEMBER GOING OUT TO PETES TO RACE IT WAS ALWAYS OFF THE HOOK PEOPLE SO DUST OFF THOSE NITRO CARS AND COME OUT TO RACE ITS ALWAYS GOOD TO SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL GUYS ESPECIALY WHEN THEY ARE GIVING YOU A PLACE TO RACE !!!!!!!!!!!BOBBY I KNOW THATS ON YOUR SIDE OF TOWN SO KNOW I GUESS ILL HAVE TO COME AND STOMP YOU OUT ON YOUR OWN LAND LOL........ABNER ANT ALL THEM PALM BAY BOYS IM COMIN FOR THE CROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rob S Hobbytown 12-09-2011 08:15 PM

All Right Guys here are rules for the racing at HobbyTown USA Melbourne

I race 1st and 3rd of every month.Starting Janurary 1st yes New Years Day,
Practice starts at 9 races start at 11am

Nitro 10th scale I perfer touring bodies but not gonna turn anyone away because of a body,18 size motor or smaller and tires your choice,I run 37 shore in the front and 35 shore in the rear.Tires are Jaco
2 Five min heats,staggard starts
C main 6 min and winner bumps up
B main 7 min and winner bumps up
A main 15 or 20 min
Mains all racers start at same time

10th scale electric touring The main rule is rubber slicks 26 mm or 24mm ,Or if you really want to,You can even run foams,Also 7.4 lipo is max battery.Far as motor and ESC Run what ever you like no rules or limit,I do perfer touring bodies but again just race,I do hope that once we get going most people will be running touring bodies only.

2 five min heats,Staggard start
C main 5 min,Winner bumps up
B main 6 min, Winner bumps up
A main 8 min
Mains all racers start same time

10th scale GT Or Vintage,Any X pattern or Vintage tire,7.4 lipo is max.Again far as Motor and ESC Run what you want no rules or limit. Far as bodies doesnt matter,Car or truck any year new or old GT or Vintage.Touring type is fine,But would like to be more realistic.Just race.

2 five min heats,Staggard start
C main 5 min,Winner bumps up
B main 6 min,Winner bumps up
A main 8 min
Mains all racers start same time

Basically if you have an electric car and change tires you will be able to race 2 classes.

MHarrison 12-10-2011 05:16 AM

Hmm ,,, What a good way to knock the dust off. I May Have to Pick up a sedan car now.

rcpaintinpete 12-10-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by MHarrison (Post 10019071)
Hmm ,,, What a good way to knock the dust off. I May Have to Pick up a sedan car now.

MARK thats what im thinking
NICE to see you back HOW was the vacation lol

GSPOT 12-10-2011 04:52 PM

Come one, come all.....we need and want the competition!

We will need a point series as this gets bigger.

Rob S Hobbytown 12-10-2011 07:22 PM

Whatsup People,Just checkin in,As I said everyday.
I have already thought about a point series, So as we grow I would like to do that, Also as always if anyone has any input I will always listen and do my best to make this the best program. Without racers I dont have a program. In other words everyone has a voice and will be heard to make it right. So speak up say it and please dont think I will not listen.

rcpaintinpete 12-11-2011 12:48 PM

Just so you guys know this is a NEW race program.
Talked to Rob at Hobby Town today and he was
very excited, but he wanted to let you all know
that he is basically taking baby steps to work out
all the bugs of a race program within the next
few races. We want to make sure that your
participation at Brevard's newest RC Car Club is
pleasant and is a fun, family experience! :nod::tire::nod:

Rob S Hobbytown 12-11-2011 04:36 PM

Track info

Hello,
Alright so far it seems that electric touring to be most active,Though very suprised nitro went well.Most guys are running electric touring and then turning around and running GT by changing tires.So any questions please feel free to call me at the shop.And as we grow things will grow.I was hoping to just have at least 10 guys at the races and really praying to have 15,And so far it has doubled that at every race.Some of the guys are new to racing,But I hope that it will bring new racers out. So that maybe some of them will want to go to Kissimmee on the monthly races,And even Race in the forgass and other races being held there and all over state.I maybe a smaller track but lap times are around 16 to 17 seconds.So it will keep your skills sharp and just remember,Its club level but people here could always use tips from top drivers.

Rob S Hobbytown 12-11-2011 04:47 PM

One Thing,
Just so every is clear far as running classes as roar rules I am down with that also,enough show up to make a class as roar specs then it will be done.New people think fast motors mean they can drive fast .We know its not the case.So I just want all to know that.

Jea3 12-13-2011 06:08 AM

Rob, when I left Hobbytown, we had some IDM stuff. Do you still have any of it?

rcpaintinpete 12-13-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Jea3 (Post 10031650)
Rob, when I left Hobbytown, we had some IDM stuff. Do you still have any of it?

LOL I D M when i ran them it ment I DESTROY MOTORS :eek:

joe I will call jerry and see what he has

esckalayd 12-14-2011 09:39 AM

Bobby and I spoke to Rob a few days ago and this is looking to be a great idea :D and I'm glad we can have a local club race and just go out an have some fun. Like Rob said, we are hoping to grow the hobby to get some new people interested and also, try to interest some people in joining some of the bigger races, specifically, club races at Kissimmee. Bobby and I look forward to being there Jan 1st and helping out where we can. Whether it is with car setups, best practices or just talking RC

Q-B0R0 B0MBER 12-14-2011 01:03 PM

HOBBY TOWN PEEPS WE RUNNING THIS WEEKEND IN KISSIMME GREAT TIME TO COME OUT AND MEET SOME NEW FACES AND PROMOTE YOUR CLUB RACING I KNOW THE K-TOWN PEEPS WILL BE SUPPORTING YOU GUYS NITRO AND ELECTRIC WELCOME!!!!!!!!WE GOT QUITE A FEW GUYS THAT WOULD BE INTRESTED IN RUNNING GREAT TIME TO SPREAD THE WORD AND RACE!!!!!

esckalayd 12-14-2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Q-B0R0 B0MBER (Post 10038005)
HOBBY TOWN PEEPS WE RUNNING THIS WEEKEND IN KISSIMME GREAT TIME TO COME OUT AND MEET SOME NEW FACES AND PROMOTE YOUR CLUB RACING I KNOW THE K-TOWN PEEPS WILL BE SUPPORTING YOU GUYS NITRO AND ELECTRIC WELCOME!!!!!!!!WE GOT QUITE A FEW GUYS THAT WOULD BE INTRESTED IN RUNNING GREAT TIME TO SPREAD THE WORD AND RACE!!!!!

+1

impalabob64 12-14-2011 04:06 PM

Oh yeah

Originally Posted by esckalayd (Post 10038064)
+1

+2 :nod:Bobby Watson will be for support an some racin everyone come an lets have some fun.

impalabob64 12-14-2011 04:10 PM

Oh yeah

Originally Posted by esckalayd (Post 10038064)
+1

+2 :nod:Bobby Watson will be there for support, an some racin everyone come out an lets have some fun.

Rob S Hobbytown 12-15-2011 06:04 PM

Whats Up People,
Sorry missed a few days,Been really busy with work and slammed with repairs.But I wanted to mention to any guys that run at Kissimme and also at Superior,If u can get me flyers or even dates I will always advertise for them.And all races through out the state.But I want everyone to know I will put it at the shop on the counter right next to my own flyers.Even if its the same race days as mine.Its all about the racers, Plus I want people to shop at the local hobby shops and not the internet,So feel free to bring me the race flyers and they will be posted and put up no matter what I want on road to grow , I just I think the more tracks people are aware of the more we can bring in new people.So guys please help us bring back on road,And get these guys out of the dirt and show them where the true speed and fun is at.And also thank you Bobby and Anthony for coming in and taking the time to talk with me,And all the support.

ChampRC 12-15-2011 06:37 PM

Just got into the rc scene, was a window shopper when I was young and had no job.
Looking forward to more races, doing an awesome job, Rob and crew.:)

rcpaintinpete 12-18-2011 03:10 PM

MOVING FORWARD

Rob shop looks great. just so you guys know rob is stepping it up @
hobbytown lots of stuff in stock to help with the new race program
and now he has a REAL PA SYSTEM so you will not miss any
of your heats or mains due to lack of hearing what is going on lol

NEXT is the TRACK
I have donated the old track that we used at andretti thrill park
to hobbytown usa and Rob s to help get this program up and going
along with car #s and turn marshall cones so you will know what spot to stand in .
ROB will be designing a few lay outs to fit the track in the parking lot.
I checked out the race surface yesterday and its pretty smoooooooth
no differant from what we ran on @ andretti and superior FYI

Rob is doing a great job and im behind him 100%

I believe this is going to be BREVARDS next new hot spot
for some REAL parking lot club racing !!!

so for you guys that want to get some real race level skills under your belt
before you move up to FORGASS-FSEARA-SNOWBIRD-SUPERIOR POINT SERIES events
and any that i missed this will be the place to come and grow/learn AND MOST OF ALL HAVE FUN
bring your FAMILY bring your FRIENDS
WE HAVE RACING FOR ALL LEVELS

Hope everybody has a great Christmas and we'll see you on track
January 1st

FOR ANY ??????s or INFO about the RACING
call ROB S @ HOBBYTOWN 321-574-0951

Rob S Hobbytown 12-18-2011 05:12 PM

Racing

OK, Guys and GALS,
Racing will be Jan 1st yes New Years Days for all u people who get new cars and wanna race.Again so much thanks to Paintin Pete for all,And also thanks to Space Coast Short Course in Titusvile With Angel.Thanks to all three Tony's, Ken,Robert C,Brian Abner aka Amber lol,Greg,all the Roberts,DJ,Tony J,Tijia,Just so many guys who help with setting track up couldnt do it without you.Also our computer girl, My girlfriend Kris
And Special thanks to Dave and Jess with HobbyTown believing in me and you guys being patient with me getting the track right .
Dont forget we work with Space Coast Short Course on road runs the 1st and 3rd and They will run the second and fourth sundays of the month so if you also like off road its a very fun track so check them out if you like the dirt.
Most of all Have a Very Merry Christmas to all and to your family.And Happy New Year.
Nice way to end the year and awesome way to start with a race so far lots of people gonna show up wouldnt be suprised if this one might be the biggest yet.So dust yer car off ,Put the new ones together and come to the track and trade some paint or watch.If yer scared to race LOL
Again lots of new stuff coming in to much to mention,Cant advertise on here till after first of year,I have to respect RC Tech on that but we are going to have our on spot here soon as we get the permission with RC TECH to do so.Without these guys also we wouldnt have this site.So as always baby steps and doing this all the right way with respect to all.

MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS
ROB S

rcpaintinpete 12-21-2011 06:53 AM

ROB track is still @ my SHOP !!!! would you like it shipped to you LOL

Rob S Hobbytown 12-21-2011 05:57 PM

Track

LOL,
Man been freakin a busy with work,But thats a good thing been blessed but that means lots of new people.I guess I am putting off today with what I can do next week.LOL
I will be there soon I have to get it so that it will be ready for Jan the 1st big race I think plus lots of people counting on it.So with that said I can assure that the track will be ready I cant let The words of PaintinPete down nor will I let the racers down.All you guys are important and regaurdless of how busy Petes track will be there.Thanks to all who help after Christmas Things are gonna change and I also will be able to focus on the races and the racers.
Thank you,
Merry Christmas,
Rob S

rcpaintinpete 12-26-2011 09:21 AM

WELL WHO GOT SOME NEW TOYS TO PLAY WITH !!!

GSPOT 12-27-2011 10:54 AM

new esc on its way.......

Rob S Hobbytown 12-27-2011 06:13 PM

Track Info

OK,
Pete thank for the track.I went to Petes shop today and got the track.I will have it ready for the first race of the year on Jan the 1st.Also P A sytem to so things look good for this year and working on some other things also.So hope to you there and hope all had a good Christmas.

On to another note is anyone intrested in a 12th scale class at our track and if so let me know I would love to get a class of them going,I am game for it.

Thank You guys,
Rob S

rcpaintinpete 12-28-2011 10:03 AM

PICS ROB PICS WE WANNA SEE THE TRACK