Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2010/2011 Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This is how i look at this weekend Sat vs Sun..Coming from Ft Lauderdale

7 Hours driving round trip..$180.00 gas signup and tires.Not to race at all.

Now if this was a Saturday race and got rained out ..I could of stayed at three hotels down the street from $40-$100 a night

I did not get my money back from the race so with that said a race that would of cost me a extra $40 now will cost me $130 plus 7 hours on the road

Coming from me someone that runs a track yes its nice to have the extra money for the track.But that does not help my pockets or all the extra miles on my truck because i now have to drive back to tampa to make up the race. Just my 2 cents

Last edited by iceman76; 03-23-2010 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Iceman- If you were their, Izzy announced the following about the race fee- You could get a refund or use it for the next race.So you can take your money for the entry fee off your expenses. Just for your information I too along with Eugene both traveled 7 hours round trip from jacksonville. I do not want to pay for a hotel and like Sunday racing.This is the only wash out we've had in several years- you guys act like this happens all the time.

Last edited by BullFrog; 03-24-2010 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTTim
A couple of things:

In my opinion and only my opinion, ROAR is really a insurance policy and nothing more. All of the tracks out there need to and are supposed to have liability insurance anyway. Or the land owner has this insurance. FSEARA has and always will be ahead of ROAR in more way than one. So why do we really need ROAR???????????? Other than the insurance part?

2. Tires are one of the biggest expenses. Im for any tire that we can keep at the $25 mark. If TOP is distributing the new Solaris tires then what would be the price point?? Isn't TOP distributed by Great Planes? Good luck getting anything for a discount thru them.

Tim
Hey Tim the Solaris Tires sell in California between $25 to $27 at the local hobby stores so I think the $25.00 price point shouldnt be a problem, Also TOP is based in California so im pretty sure that they are not distributed by Great Planes. Tim is using them for the invitational race at MDI Who ever is in charge of FSEARA next year can contact TOP directly to get a deal on tires as Tim did. If they need the contact info let me know or Tim has it aswell.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BullFrog
Iceman- If you were their, Izzy announced the following about the race fee- You could get a refund or use it for the next race.So you can take your money for the entry fee off your expenses. Just for your information I too alnog with Eugene both traveled 7 hours round trip from jacksonville. I do not want to pay for a hotel and like Sunday racing.This is the only wash out we've had in several years- you guys act like this happens all the time.
No im just saying because i did not get my money back ..i will be uesing it for the next race so im just showing how much it cost with out paying the fees to race again

Last edited by iceman76; 03-24-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Tech Addict

Iceman- If you were their, Izzy announced the following about the race fee- You could get a refund or use it for the next race.So you can take your money for the entry fee off your expenses. Just for your information I too alnog with Eugene both traveled 7 hours round trip from jacksonville. I do not want to pay for a hotel and like Sunday racing.This is the only wash out we've had in several years- you guys act like this happens all the time.
Maybe you drive a little car or you just like driving on a road trip..You dont want to pay for a hotel that would cost you $40 but you rather drive again for 7 hours and spend more then 40 in gas ?

Im sorry but i think us that got laid off and now are making half what we did or trying to get new racers to come out..Are not going to go to reschedule races ..

Thats going to hurt FSEARA and the host track..We cant think like this is the first time in along time we got rained out ..Times are changing you have to think what happens if you do get rained out two or three times in a seasons..

Last edited by iceman76; 03-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Addict

And let me say this ..A lot of guys i know go up on saturday..So now it hurts the series because the guy that have money can go up on saturday and practice..Now on sunday they have a car thats hook up ..

Guys like me show up on sunday hoping we get there on time to practice..I think if you run in FSEARA should not be able to drive in the club race.. You are not going up there for the club race you are going up there to get time on the track for sunday..

If you are a racer thats going up there for the club race then you would stay up there for a club race on sunday.

If you are a sponser driver you should not be able to drive in the same class as a non sponser racer ..Lets make that rule.

Last edited by iceman76; 03-24-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Tech Addict

byran, you type too much, l can't read it all
Old 03-24-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chinamonkey7
byran, you type too much, l can't read it all
And you eat to much..
Old 03-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Ice - I guess you've missed my White Ford Van that I've been driving for the last 4 years and a Green Ford van before that. So I know how much gas cost.As for you reference about the race fee you did not get refunded you had your chance and should not be counted.
As for the Saturday practice you have the option to attend or not. It's your choice. Sponsored racers - it's no big deal to race against them.
Now if you want to delute the classes even further make your rule.
Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Addict

Ice - I guess you've missed my White Ford Van that I've been driving for the last 4 years and a Green Ford van before that. So I know how much gas cost.As for you reference about the race fee you did not get refunded you had your chance and should not be counted.
As for the Saturday practice you have the option to attend or not. It's your choice. Sponsored racers - it's no big deal to race against them.
Now if you want to delute the classes even further make your rule.

Yes we do have a option ..But guess what some of us have bills and family..
We went to one day racing to save money..Now you have guys that have money to go up on sat and you think thats fair to all the racer that can not make it up on saturday..
Old 03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

if they change it to saturday i'll be there on friday so not much will change for me
Old 03-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Practice is highly overated

Dave
Old 03-24-2010, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iceman76
Yes we do have a option ..But guess what some of us have bills and family..
We went to one day racing to save money..Now you have guys that have money to go up on sat and you think thats fair to all the racer that can not make it up on saturday..
But wait, didn't you go to the off road race on saturday before coming to Adrenaline on Saturday night? How is that any different than club racing in terms of money spent?

Bottom line, it is Florida and it rains, sometimes on race day which may fall on a Saturday or Sunday, we all have to deal with it.

I think the Sat vs Sun Race day has had enough arguments for and against already on this forum, why don't we just put it back on the ballot of rule changes for next season and see what the outcome is.

Last edited by Tim Kowal; 03-24-2010 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

i personally think racers dont have a choice in making rules in anything that involve racing. let the directors decide what goes and what doesnt. i like the saturday deal just because coming back sunday and have to work monday kinda sucks but it just makes me miss practice friday if there is any. which i dont think theyre should be.. if you want to practice, come to the track where the state race is at, when they do theyre club race .. just my 2 cents
Old 03-25-2010, 07:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
But wait, didn't you go to the off road race on saturday before coming to Adrenaline on Saturday night? How is that any different than club racing in terms of money spent?

Bottom line, it is Florida and it rains, sometimes on race day which may fall on a Saturday or Sunday, we all have to deal with it.

I think the Sat vs Sun Race day has had enough arguments for and against already on this forum, why don't we just put it back on the ballot of rule changes for next season and see what the outcome is.
Yes i did Tim and everything was payed for me..No money out the pocket here

Last edited by iceman76; 03-25-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.