Wiki Posts
Search

FSEARA 2010/2011 Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FTTim
I don't see anywhere that it says they are "testing" these classes. Unless you mean where it says "contested". Contested means nothing about testing. It would seem like alot of bullshit to go thru for just one race.

(dictionary.com)
con·test ed
1. a race, conflict, or other competition between rivals, as for a prize.
2. struggle for victory or superiority.
3. strife in argument; dispute; controversy: Their marriage was marred by perpetual contest.
–verb (used with object)
4. to struggle or fight for, as in battle.
5. to argue against; dispute: to contest a controversial question; to contest a will.
6. to call in question: They contested his right to speak.
7. to contend for in rivalry.

I think the classes that ROAR has come up with are a good idea. Now all we have to do is follow ROAR rules since we are a ROAR affiliate.
wow dude you are a real smart ass this is not a test this is a fact I dont think anyone will (contest) this.Show up and race then maybe someone will care!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:58 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joejoe
wow dude you are a real smart ass this is not a test this is a fact I dont think anyone will (contest) this.Show up and race then maybe someone will care!
Thanks Joe. I will be at the Superior race. I unfortunately could not be at every single race this year due to school, work and my family. My point was i did not see where it said they were testing the class structure. By the looks of it, ROAR seems to have it set in stone. I look forward to racing many more years in FSEARA. We all have different opinions on how FSEARA should go about things. I believe the President and Vice President should make most of the decisions regarding schedule, tires, dates, makeups, etc. Its impossible to please everyone, but it has to be a give and take. Giving the racers tons of things to vote on is only going to create mayhem. And yes I am a smart ass!

@ Dave B - LOL!!
Tim

Last edited by FTTim; 04-08-2010 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Wanted to put my name!
Old 04-09-2010, 05:10 AM
Tech Master

Seems like there are no real issues except for the same old stuff from year to year. I was and currently satisfied with our current format and would like to extend is for next year. The class structures may need minor tweaking. We do have too classes and depending on which part of the state we are racing depends on the class. There's currently a solid 17.5, Masters(17.5), 13.5, 10.5 with WGT and RCGT having regional support.

I always race Masters fully knowing there will be racers for that class and if there is not, I can always run the 17.5 class. I also run WGT as a second class since I can use my oval stuff and most tracks offer that class. Just saying we need consistency.

So the powers to be...make the administrative decisions based on the good of FSEARA.

No matter what it is, I will continue to support/race whenever I can.