Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outacontrol Raceway 2010 Race Schedule and Events

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 07:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by outacontrol
Let me start off by saying that this reply is not intended to offend anyone this is just observations that I have made over the past two or three years.
Jeremy Davis, I did make allot of mistakes in the beginning. But I can say I learned from them. But now I know why you and your group of guys left Outacontrol to go build WOW and try and put me out of business. I'm guessing the owner of WOW didn't listen to your ideas either because the same group of guys including yourself left WOW and came back to Outacontrol. Jeremy, I can't believe you could say anything negative after getting your parts free and or below cost and racing for free. You have helped me allot and I have no regrets about our friendship. But apparently you do. As far as two guys working at the track as much as me. You have no clue. You are talking about Pete and Dan. Yes, they have done allot and I would have closed sooner without their help. But hour for hour it's not even close to half. There has been allot of guys that have worked VERY HARD at the track. I can say almost everyone that races at Outacontrol has helped at some point. I appreciated it very much. The track would never made it this far without their help. I am not saying in any way that I have done it all... Also Jeremy, My way must not be that bad or else we would be like the other local tracks. (sorry Jeremy you are my friend and I am not trying to through you under the bus but this is just what I have seen and heard from others too.)

Shawn Davis, Johnny Sanchez does not race at Outacontrol anymore and will be dropped from the final results.

Keep in mind guys, Outacontrol Raceway is closing because it isn't enough fun to justify me spending my time and money on it.

Sincerely,
Andy Ousley
Boy that was original. I never intended to piss you off I was just trying to get a point across. Andy you know I have always supported your track and your hobby shop. Yes you did give me cost on parts and free parts sometimes but I have done a lot in return. I still have 2500 dollars worth of fence that I saved up for you. As far as leaving your track to go and build another, I didn't know you get to dictate where I can go and build my own place to play like you did. It was never intended to PUT YOU OUT OF BUSINESS and never would have. They still have issues out there. The main reason we all left was because of your attitude you always seemed like you are pissed off at the world while you are out there. I guess that is the reason you are shutting down. It just doesn't entertain you anymore like it used to. Yes your way has worked for awhile and you have come up with some awesome layouts and some new ideas that really worked good. But in the end what has it done for you and your family, nothing but burned you out. Again Andy I did not do this to get you worked up. Maybe now you can start to do things you and your family enjoy doing together. When it is all said and done hopefully we can still be friends and remember the good times we all had at Outacontrol.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Andy, did you happen to find a blue glow driver after the last race?
Old 05-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mannyo30
I really we ought to thank Andy himself for all the hard work. I know what it takes to keep a "dirt" outdoors track going. It's beyond the few hours anyone can spend here and there to help and then go home...

It's countless of hours of hard work, and when you're all done mother nature dumps a big one on you and you have to harness mental and physical strength to go back out and redo and sweat what you just had finished yesterday...
It's a tough pill to swallow trust me.... This past year has been EXCEPTIONALLY brutal in terms of rain prior to race weekend and I agree with Andy, it does take a toll on you...

Now if there was a bobcat on the premises and a lot of automation it would be a piece of cake but that is not the case, it's a little mowing tractor and a little trailer, shovels, rakes and a hand packer.... so labor intensive, one guy alone can't handle that on a continuous Opbasis... RC tracks don't have the money or the resources to have that kind of equipment. I dream of owning a BobCat.... dream... that's for the physical part of it...

Then there's the bitching, the complaining, the constant nagging, the drama... the it's never good enough, what can I I I I I I myself, myself, myself can get out of this place. What no prizes? I aint racing there screw that!!! Helping them pfff forget that, the guy makes a killing at that track, I aint helping....

Well that track is now closed!!!!
So I ask of all of you that you actually preserve, cherish and support the few tracks that we have. Help, don't bitch, accept that it's a hobby and it's not always going to be perfect but at least we have a place to go to and have FUN...

I understand Andy and what he ALONE went through in terms of the sweat he has poured in his hobby shop and his track. I thank him for having a dream and for having a pair to bring it to reality.
You will never know if you don't try....
I respect the decision that he and his FAMILY made andi no one, no one has the right to question or criticize that...
Manny,I feel a few corrections are in order..Andy has done a great job with the track but a few of us have invested a lot of time and money and equipment into that track as well.I am in no way trying to diminish the work or effort that Andy has put into the track.I feel however that your post diminishes the efforts of the few that did pour there heart and soul into the track.I personally supplied a bobcat and a frontend loader for an entire weekend on 7 different occasions, paid for 9 loads of clay out of my pocket,supplied shovels and various other eqipment and have moved more dirt than anyone period.Spent countless hours prepping the track for races all to help a friend. I only do dirtwork because that's what I'm good at.The dirtwork is only a fraction of the work required to put on a race..No hammers and paintbrushes for me.I know Andy appreciated my efforts because he thanked me on several occasions.A few others have donated materials and lots of time.Manny you should get your facts strait before posting such a statement...The day you showed up and Andy and Mark were working on the track I had been there from sunup to sundown for three strait days prior.Me and Andy were originally partners in the track.We came up with the whole track idea over a bottle of Tequila.We remain friends to this day and always will.Andy has spent.more time and money on the track.than anyone by far. He's the owner.....Manny your willingness to dissmiss the efforts of others could be the reason you didn't get the help you needed at Daytona..Your a good dude.Just need to educate yourself before making such a broad statement.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Woah Pete, nice post, guess you guys have a habit of making all this stuff personal whether it's there or at WOW. This is something I won't do. I didn't name anyone nor did I name you for that matter. If you have an issue with Andy take it up with him, don't use me for this crap or why I don't get help in Daytona! Get a pair and post what you think don't use me. Jeremy did it and I respect him for that, he was also gentleman enough to call me and discuss things with me.

I always thought that this was Andy's track and not yours and it was presented to me as such. If you own half of Outacontrol than hire an attorney and protect your interests. There's no willingness to diminish anyone's involvement with the track as I said if you think you are owed half, equipment, tools, money, pay, you could always hire an attorney or better yet open your own track!

As I said, I respect the decision that he and Laura made it's theirs and theirs only. But seeing all this crap I kinda understand why he's had enough.
I would too.

Good luck to you guys.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Wow Manny,for someone who doesn't make things personal to tell me I don't have balls from behind a keyboard is kinda being a pussy.My previous post was directed at your insistence that Andy didn't have any help.Manny you have changed a lot in the last few months.Throwing and breaking your equipment and yelling on the stand at the state race.What happened? ????? I personally have never seen you with a shovel in your hand...I have raced on your layouts with everyone that has posted on this thread and have heard nothing but negative comments about your "way too tight, makes no sense layouts".Frankly Brads layouts were much better........I gladly volunteered my time at Outacontrol.No regrets.As long as the clay is being used it will stay where its at.When its no longer being used I'll go get it and use it elsewhere....I have no issue with any of it but simply couldn't stand for you dismissing the efforts of so many who have helped so much.....If you think I lack balls then say it to my face and not hiding behind a keyboard...I wouldn't have any reason to hire a lawyer to sue my friends.Can't imagine anyone doing that.I guess its a NewYork thing.Not my cup of tea.Your mouth is gonna get you in trouble someday. You should do your homework before opening it....God bless you Manny.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

ahhhhhhh Toy Car Racing ......
Old 05-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Adept

10/4 Pete we got your message loud and clear... You're a real class act...
Like I said if you have something to say to Andy go ahead and do so now... before it's too late...
Old 05-05-2010, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Right on,Manny.Andy and I talk in person .Not hiding.behind a keypad.You should try that.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Come on guys!!!! This is bullshit and you know it.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Adept

I actually have known about this for quite a while and have asked Andy not to do so repeatedly. Over the past few months we have talked quite a bit, so I'm not talking in a vacuum. I believe that Florida need more tracks and more clubs not less. And that all should work together because in the end it's the hobbyists and racers that benefits.
Andy was a gentleman when he invited me to dinner at his house last week where we talked over things not just RC, science, politics, school system in Florida , work, all intelligent topics, he also explain why he was making that decision.
I respect the tranquility and peace of mind that he and his family are seeking out. It's that simple.
I don't think it's cool for people to pile on more on someone going through a difficult situation.
Not that this will affect his life, he's doing quite well and is looking forward to go racing and enjoy his hobbies and free time with his family.

Just between you and me since this has become that, don't worry about the behind the keyboard, I have no problem telling you what I think straight up to your face. And yes Pete we all know about the now ubiquitous physical threat routine. But I don't think this is worth another second of my time...

Last edited by mannyo30; 05-06-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey Andy, sad to see the track go. Thanks to all the hard workers who made that place happen. See you at the races.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kingsbury
Hey Andy, sad to see the track go. Thanks to all the hard workers who made that place happen. See you at the races.
We are all sad to see it go. It was a blast while it lasted. See you all at the races.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Tech Regular

Yup, we're all pretty bummed about it.Who knows,maybe another pro calibur track will open soon.Sure hope so.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Sorry for the short notice but the race scheduled for May 22 is canceled. I will try and reschedule it in June. Allot of A/C work has come my way and I have to work this Saturday to make the job deadline. Thanks for understanding.

Andy
Old 05-21-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Addict

Well that sucks, I was really looking forward to this race. But you have to take work when you can get it these days. My only request is that you wait for after the AMS for the next race please. I'm already too far invested for it to miss it. Thanks.
As for this weekend, it's been a month since I've raced, so I think I'm gonna head to Green Cove Springs for the first time. Come on guys, lets still make it a race......

Shaun Davis

P.S. Andy, Did you get my msg about my blue glow driver. I left it on pit road last race, was wondering if you found it. Thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.