Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outacontrol Raceway Race Schedule and Events

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

Default Outacontrol Raceway Race Schedule and Events

We have allot of fun stuff scheduled for 2009. I am starting this thread to keep everything together.

We made a 50% track change today. We made all the jumps to be fun for 1/8 nitro and 1/10 electric. I will post somes pictures tomarrow after we finish up.

Next weekends Race Schedule:

Saturday January 17th Ultimate Audio Off Road Racing Series Round #7.
Classes:
1/8 Pro buggy
1/8 Buggy
1/8 Truck
1/8 CORR Truck/short course
Monster Truck
Gas Truck ( If we get a low turn out we may race this class on Sunday )

Practice 7:00am to 9:00am
Drivers Meeting 9:15am
Racing Starts at 9:30am
Entry fee is $18 for your first class and $7 for your second class. Race unlimited calsses for $30. Excluding Pro Buggy. All kids 17 or younger race unlimited classes free with a paying adult or $10 with out a paying adult.

The First race electric and slash race was so much fun we are going to have another one. ( We are starting a points series for these classes in February. )

Sunday January 18th 2009

Open practice 7:00am to 9:00am
Drivers meeting 9:15am

Entry Fee is $15.00 for your first class, $5.00 for your 2nd class, race unlimited classes for $20. All kids 17 or younger race unlimited classes free with a paying adult or $10 with out a paying adult.

Classes:
Stock Slash
Rules for now are:
1. Stock ESC, Motor, and Servo
2. Stock tires and wheels
3. 6 or 7 cel NiMH batteries
4. Any body designed for a Slash is allowed.
5. Any option parts or aftermarket parts designed for a slash is allowed.

Modified Slash
Rules for now are:
1. No limits on ESC, Motor, and Servo.
2. Any tires or wheels designed for Slash is allowed.
3. Two or Three cel lipo batteries is allowed.

1/10 stock truck
1/10 stock buggy
1/10 mod truck
1/10 mod buggy
1/10 mod 4wd buggy
J82
1/10 gas truck
1/10 gas corr/trophy truck
1/8 electric buggy
1/8 electric truck

Rules for 1/10 electric will be the same as used in JConcepts Super Cup.

If you have any questions email me [email protected]
or post them in this thread.

I hope to see you next weekend.

Andy Ousley
Outacontrol Raceway

Last edited by outacontrol; 12-24-2009 at 05:41 AM. Reason: typo
Old 01-11-2009, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

To see more pictures go to: http://outacontrolhobbies.com/msgboa...pic.php?t=1102
Old 01-12-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Regular

Just in case you didn't notice, I am adding 1/8 scale nitro sort course trucks to This Saturdays line up. Since they are not part of the points series YET, I am paying out $50 Cash to the winner.

Andy Ousley
Old 01-13-2009, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

2009 is going to be a awesome year for off road racing. Ultimate Audio has once again stepped up to the plate. I am also getting awesome response from rc manufactures. I also have a sponsor for the 8, 1000 watt lights we need. I will continue working on making your racing experience the best it can be. I am working on the next points series for Outacontrol Raceway. I am scheduling around Mothers day, Fathers Day, Easter, FSORS, and Super Cup. Is there any other Holiday or Race schedule I need to work around?

Thank you for supporting Outacontrol Raceway and our sponsors.

Andy Ousley
Old 01-13-2009, 04:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Originally Posted by outacontrol
2009 is going to be a awesome year for off road racing. Ultimate Audio has once again stepped up to the plate. I am also getting awesome response from rc manufactures. I also have a sponsor for the 8, 1000 watt lights we need. I will continue working on making your racing experience the best it can be. I am working on the next points series for Outacontrol Raceway. I am scheduling around Mothers day, Fathers Day, Easter, FSORS, and Super Cup. Is there any other Holiday or Race schedule I need to work around?

Thank you for supporting Outacontrol Raceway and our sponsors.

Andy Ousley

Andy send me P.M. I can help you next time you do some track work.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks RED-LINE M03, This Saturday night after the nitro race I will be grooming the track for the Electric Race on Sunday. If any of the electric racers want to help me I will need to test the jumps after we are finished. Racers that help can run out a couple of battery packs.

Andy Ousley
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by outacontrol
We have allot of fun stuff scheduled for 2009. I am starting this thread to keep everything together.

We made a 50% track change today. We made all the jumps to be fun for 1/8 nitro and 1/10 electric. I will post somes pictures tomarrow after we finish up.

Next weekends Race Schedule:

Saturday January 17th Ultimate Audio Off Road Racing Series Round #7.
Classes:
1/8 Pro buggy
1/8 Buggy
1/8 Truck
1/8 CORR Truck/short course
Monster Truck
Gas Truck ( If we get a low turn out we may race this class on Sunday )

Practice 7:00am to 9:00am
Drivers Meeting 9:15am
Entry fee is $18 for your first class and $7 for your second class. Race unlimited calsses for $30. Excluding Pro Buggy. All kids 17 or younger race unlimited classes free with a paying adult or $10 with out a paying adult.

The First race electric and slash race was so much fun we are going to have another one. ( We are starting a points series for these classes in February. )

Sunday January 18th 2009

Open practice 7:00am to 9:00am
Drivers meeting 9:15am

Entry Fee is $15.00 for your first class, $5.00 for your 2nd class, race unlimited classes for $20. All kids 17 or younger race unlimited classes free with a paying adult or $10 with out a paying adult.

Classes:
Stock Slash
Rules for now are:
1. Stock ESC, Motor, and Servo
2. Stock tires and wheels
3. 6 or 7 cel NiMH batteries

Modified Slash
Rules for now are:
1. No limits on ESC, Motor, and Servo.
2. Any tires or wheels designed for Slash is allowed.
3. Two or Three cel lipo batteries is allowed.

1/10 stock truck
1/10 stock buggy
1/10 mod truck
1/10 mod buggy
1/10 mod 4wd buggy
J82
1/10 gas truck
1/10 gas corr/trophy truck
1/8 electric buggy
1/8 electric truck

Rules for 1/10 electric will be the same as used in JConcepts Super Cup.

If you have any questions email me [email protected]
or post them in this thread.

I hope to see you next weekend.

Andy Ousley
Outacontrol Raceway
How come a 2 cell lipo would not be allowed in the stock class? I'm seriously consiering buying a slash to have some fun with but, I dont want to have go out and buy a bunch of batteries too.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Regular

We are trying to keep the stock class affordable for beginners. You can buy a Slash, 3000 Nimh 7cel, and charger for about $300. It is about 2x that for Slash, lipo, and charger. The stock and mod slash trucks will prob. run together for a while anyway.

Andy Ousley
Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

2c Lipo pack is around $80-$100 $130 for a really good one. You can get a really nice lipo charger for less than $150. You really only need one lipo pack compared to 4 to 5 nmh packs. That being said great job on the track and racing program. I've had fun each time I've run with you guys and am looking forward to getting back into electric offroad.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Wow I'm glad I read this. I actually thought about getting an Slash also since Sunday is my only day off, but not now, I'm not buying nimh batteries just to run stock. Thanks for posting this up!
Old 01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

+1

I think Lipos should be allowed in stock.

Lipos will not make the Slash any faster.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Tech Regular

I'm new at this so I'm sure once we get started new rules will develope and change. Here are my thoughts:

A average dad takes his 12 year old son to the local hobby shop. Tells the clerk we wants to buy a slash, a battery, and a charger. The clerk sets a Slash, a remonended NiMH battery, and a charger up on the counter and says that will be $300. The Son sees the battery and tells his dad the rule says 2 cell lipo is allowed at Outacontrol. So one of two things will happen.
1. The clerk tells them it will cost $450 and the dad says no way I'm paying that.
or
2. They buy a Slash, Lipo, and Charger. The Father and son take the truck home and charge the battery and start running the truck. They run the battery down to nothing and kill the battery or catch it on fire. Than they read the instructions and find Traxxas does't recommend using lipo and it voids the warranty. They get mad and call the hobby shop, Traxxas, and Outacontrol Raceway.

I think a couple of you guys work at a hobby shop and you know what I'm talking about. If you have enough experience to use lipo you problably don't want to race the beginners in the stock class.

Keep in mind this is all for fun. I am starting the electric races because guys were telling me there is no where in Central Florida to race electrics. Lets start racing and see how it goes. I'm sure things will shake out and it will be tons of fun.

Andy Ousley

Last edited by outacontrol; 01-14-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-14-2009, 04:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default lipo

I agree with that but on the other side, I race onroad electric. I have lipo packs already, I bought the Slash to start racing offroad without spending a ton of money. Now I have 2 choices run mine stock w/ my lipo in the mod class and learn how to drive it while getting lapped 10 times by some top level drivers with mod motors and 8th scale tires or spend $150 to buy some nimh packs. Just my thought. And you can buy a lipo for $50 and a multiplex charger for $60. Either way I will race and have watched a race there and think you guys do a great job. Thanks, Jayme
Old 01-14-2009, 05:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Its great that you are creating a place for electric offroad racers to race on Sundays. I'll stick to straight line racing. Have fun guys.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Regular

I'm not a very good driver and get lapped on a regular bases.lol....It's kind of funny when the leader is laping me and he is having hart failure because he can't get around me until I wreck. Slash class is all about driving. Brushless and mod motors are not going to be a big advantage. It is a 2wd truck with the same tire stock or mod. It's going to be a hand full.

Andy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.