Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FORGASS STATE RACE #4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

It is sad to see someones dreams go down the tubes and with the Port Charlotte track loss, I know one mans dreams have been shattered.

Maybe as racers we might be able to help with this situation and prevent the loss of the track. Dave has been fighting this battle with the county for several months, about the rental cost and parking/pitting and it has fallen on deaf ears. But the truth is Dave could have asked for something from all of us that might have and still could make a difference. If everybody that has ever raced at the track would make a few calls, write a letter or two, and send some emails, maybee we all could prevent this loss.

From what I have heard from Dave and Gary, the issue is with the parking and pitting around the track, and the cost of use when races are held. Which most have stemmed from a change in office at the Parks and Recreations department of Charlotte County. We as racers, if we truely care about the future of racing, owe it to ourselves to take the time to contact this person and the ones above this person to show our support for this track. Maybee if we make a big enough stink about this, it might help to keep this track. And if it this doesn't help, at lease we cannot say we just stood by and watch another track dissapear.

I would think that any contacts that we could make, to get a "buzz" going around about the happenings, or lack of, are not because of the racers, but of the person in office at parks and recreation.

To start off with who to contact, anybody feel free to add to this list of contacts:

Port Charlotte Chamber of Commerce Office
2702 Tamiami Trail
Port Charlotte Florida 33952
Telephone: 941-627-2222
Fax: 941-627-9730

email of the parks department
[email protected]

Charlotte county government:
Charlotte County Administration Center
18500 Murdock Circle * Port Charlotte, FL 33948
(941) 743-1300
Email the Commissioners: [email protected]

If you who are reading this think that, oh the next person is going to do it, that person is going to think the same and so on and so on... You, the person who is reading this, realy wants to keep this track, you need to step up and make contact with each and every person on the above list. Get everybody involved, get everybody informed and maybe we can make prevent this loss. It will only take a few minutes and you probably would spend less time making phone calls and writing than it would take to pack up and drive to a track.

Dave, if you could add other contacts to the list and the issues that you are having with the county, it would be helpfull that we all can be on the same page when letting the county know how the people that use the facility feel. Without the racers being at these meetings, all the county has seen is one man.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:49 AM
Tech Initiate

It is great to see the positive actions here... James A+ post, maybe if enough people voice there opinion maybe just maybe they will budge.
I think the Port Charlotte track was awesome. Dave and Gary always put 100% into putting on these races. Alot of time was put into this track... it was almost a complete replica of the old Lakeland track, Dave Patterson and Troy of the Lakeland track even came as far down just to lend a hand. I don’t know if you all know this.. but that wall cost Dave an arm and leg.... and it was specially made for that track. In this county.. One good question is... What is the difference in the grass? Regardless you are parking on it weather it’s on the side where the track is or on the other side. I could see if they were telling us to park in the parking lot but not on the same grass just on the other side.

Maybe if we get enough people to stand up for such a good cause... then maybe 2 dreams of 2 very dedicated people will not fall to dust.

I would like to personally thank everyone who has stood behind these 2 Guys. Thank You

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the next race.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, please confirm the contact details of the exact person and perhaps we can all write letters. All may not be able to call and at the same time, you don't want to come across as confrontational with a barage of phone calls where emotions can run high. Remember, we want to get on their good side.

But, letters are very powerful and are kept on file for all to see . It's nothing to get the support of many this way. Heck, get the electric guys as well to write letters. Imagine 100's of letters on the desk of this person. (NOT RUDE off course) Then as James said, they would realize it's supported by many.

So, for those of us who do not have all the details, if Dave could give a brief detail of exactly what their gripe is, then I for one would be happy to write a letter and UPS it to them.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I just got off of the phone with Dave and he asked me to post this for him(he's on the road).
At this point he has an Attorney looking into this matter to try and find some solution that the county and P.C. can agree on.
He is very thank full for the support the racer's are showing and ask that we all hold or breath for now. So please *DO NOT* call, e-mail, or mail anything at this point for fear of spoiling the opportunity the Attorney my be able to provide.
!THANK YOU!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:53 AM
Tech Adept

Default Lets take action

Ok, I want to do my part! This freaking economy is so bad as it is!! We all struggle to keep our sport alive and surviving, people are careless or jealous of its success, when time come up to help and we get push to the side instead of helping the cause. What are this city official are thinking? these race hatrack at lease 100 driver plus family meaning income$ for the fellow resident of Port Charlotte, Hobby Store, Gas, Hotels, Restaurants, Convenient Store, etc. I think that we need to draft a nice letter as a start and lets implements with our tots that we can all individually sign!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
I just got off of the phone with Dave and he asked me to post this for him(he's on the road).
At this point he has an Attorney looking into this matter to try and find some solution that the county and P.C. can agree on.
He is very thank full for the support the racer's are showing and ask that we all hold or breath for now. So please *DO NOT* call, e-mail, or mail anything at this point for fear of spoiling the opportunity the Attorney my be able to provide.
!THANK YOU!
Yes this is true.

Thanks everyone for your support. But I do have an attourney working on this. If we can not race there I am trying to get some money back for investments I made with the fence etc.

The biggest problem or hold up is pitting and parking. They do not want anyone around the track. They want people to pit across the street. For me this is a serious safety issue. At club races we get a lot of kids. We even had a "Little People" Class. I can tell you Gene Hickerson is having the same problem at the Dirt Track. He talked with Gary and I guess the County even showed up at 1 of his races and made them move.

I also did not help out the situation because I showed them what other county's are doing for other tracks. Most do not charge anything and provide them with power and let them have storage and keep drivers stand at the track for the public to use.

Once again thanks for the help but I do have an excellent attourney working on this.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Have you ever looked at a picture and wondered what the artist was thinking? Then you find out that outside the frame, was the rest of the picture and you saw everthing that is going on!

DJ, I am with you, I won't be attending the FT Myers race either.. And I am sure my reasons are not the same as yours. Nothing against Jim and his facility, but I would rather go someplace closer to home....

Last edited by rcfoolz; 11-11-2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

RcFoolz Quote..."Well, after 10 years of R/C racing, I've made the final decicion to downsize and sell off most everything I have for R/C. This included 2 Xray NT1's, 3 Maxpower SL3 engines, all the tools, parts, starter box's, servo's, pipe's, pit bag, ect. I'm not going to give it away, and I don't mind keeping it in case I have the itch to make some noise.
All my equipment has been maintained very well. If you are interested in anything, the race in Kissimmee on the 8th and 9th will be my last. and if anybody wants to get dibs on anything, let me know."

"My Last race will be Kissimmi"???? Your Finished anyway. so why post your not going. you crack me up....
Old 11-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MHarrison
RcFoolz Quote..."Well, after 10 years of R/C racing, I've made the final decicion to downsize and sell off most everything I have for R/C. This included 2 Xray NT1's, 3 Maxpower SL3 engines, all the tools, parts, starter box's, servo's, pipe's, pit bag, ect. I'm not going to give it away, and I don't mind keeping it in case I have the itch to make some noise.
All my equipment has been maintained very well. If you are interested in anything, the race in Kissimmee on the 8th and 9th will be my last. and if anybody wants to get dibs on anything, let me know."

"My Last race will be Kissimmi"???? Your Finished anyway. so why post your not going. you crack me up....

Cut the guy some slack..... The more the merrier....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Easy Dennison... It's a inside joke.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

It's all cool.....I know.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MHarrison
Easy Dennison... It's a inside joke.

Yea yea, bust my chops...its all good Dennison, Mark knew I can't give this up totaly...its like its my drug.... without racing, I wouldn't have anything to do.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:51 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Yea yea, bust my chops...its all good Dennison, Mark knew I can't give this up totaly...its like its my drug.... without racing, I wouldn't have anything to do.
From one "NA" member to another, I know exactly what you are talking about. Man.... I have had so many interventions it ain't funny. Even gone as far as taking photos and making a list. Who am I fooling????

(Nitro's Anonymous)
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcfoolz
Have you ever looked at a picture and wondered what the artist was thinking? Then you find out that outside the frame, was the rest of the picture and you saw everthing that is going on!

DJ, I am with you, I won't be attending the FT Myers race either.. And I am sure my reasons are not the same as yours. Nothing against Jim and his facility, but I would rather go someplace closer to home....
i was only kidding

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 11-11-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

on another thread, just the 7th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.