Search

JConcepts RC Bash

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Looks like some guys are getting a early head start on practice for the Bash

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hmm.

Looks like Andrew is the front runner for next years Slash Worlds.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

JConcepts’ Events – Where the powers explode and the fun begins.

Get ready, the JConcepts Bash is approaching and we would like to invite you to participate. Prizes to competitors offered below. Contact JConcepts to signup now at 352-241-4976.

December 6-7th, 2008
eXtreme Hobby Zone
230 Avenue C SW
Winter Haven, FL 33880

The entry fee for the JConcepts Bash is just $15.00 for the first class and $10.00 each additional entry. Entry form and schedule of events is featured in the included pre-race packet.

Below you will find a list of what you can expect while attending the JConcepts Bash.

Free - JConcepts Events t-shirt with the first entry.
Free - Decal sheets.
Free - Access to 3 of the world’s fastest R/C car drivers.
- Expert announcing and race direction courtesy of Fred Reep of R/C Monster Motorsports.
- Expert courses and complex by eXtreme Hobby Zone, one of Florida’s nicest R/C facilities and hobby shop.
- Awards given to 1st-4th place in each class.

A multitude of available classes are offered, see entry form for details.

Bash participants will have access to a fine selection of PRIZES.

Random winners will receive –

- A pair of tickets to Monster Jam taking place February 21, 2009. 2 pair will be available.
- A pair of AMC movie tickets. 2 pair will be available.
- JConcepts Illuzion – Slash “Truth” body. 2 bodies will be available.
- JConcepts Illuzion – Crawler “Stage Killah” body. 2 bodies will be available.

Raffle winners will receive -

- Traxxas Slash
- Team Associated RC10T4

JConcepts, the Florida based, innovative company is passionate about R/C and special events relative to the sport of radio control. JConcepts’ Events are filled with excitement and always include the newest and most popular classes available. Participants will see first hand the advancements that radio control vehicles have made in the past 5 years and how that technology is being applied to these new and exciting R/C events. The goal for all JConcepts’ Events is to offer the best awards, announcing, and courses available, while giving enthusiasts an opportunity to see all sides of radio control excitement. Not only will participants see and experience both nitro and electric action, but they will have unparalleled access to the Factory representatives. Expert announcing and direction completes the event, adding colorful commentary and a professional feel to the race program. These elements combine to produce a race experience unlike that of any seen elsewhere.

Unlike many other events, participation in JConcepts’ Events will allow further growth of not only the hobby in general, but especially the categories involved in the event. It will also afford both established and upcoming manufactures the opportunity to gain brand exposure to a core group of racers racing in multiple genres.

JConcepts’ Events – Where the powers explode and the fun begins.

Thank you,
Jason Ruona
Old 11-22-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PW

Hmmm.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

you should put this on all your entry forms
Old 11-25-2008, 03:47 PM
Tech Adept

Paul maybe you should change that to 2, i don't know if i will be there yet.
Donnie Jackson
Old 11-25-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by punkracer24

you should put this on all your entry forms
You can borrow anything they have so don't worry.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:10 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Speedracer19
Paul maybe you should change that to 2, i don't know if i will be there yet.
Donnie Jackson
We were hoping to add you as the most precise driver.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:14 AM
PW
Tech Elite

A few pics from the Bash!

http://www.jconceptsracing.net/wordpress/

Will have a full write-up very soon.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I have some pics I will post up in a bit.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:59 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Latest race news from JConcepts:

Event: JConcepts RC Bash
Race Director: Fred Reep – R/C Monster Motorsports
Dates: December 6-7, 2008
Classes:

Pro 2.2" Crawling
2.2" Rock Cross - 13.5
Monster Cross - Small Block
Monster Cross - Big Block
Sand Drags - Small Block
Sand Drags - Big Block
Truck Pull - Small Block
Truck Pull - Big Block
Short course truck - Slash
Short course buggy - J82

Race Reporter: Tim Davis

Jason Ruona, Bobby Phillips, Leon McIntosh and Matthew Tiller win big at the 2008 JConcepts Bash.

The big news at the JConcepts Bash was the release of the new JConcepts Truth body for the Traxxas Slash as well as the JConcepts Rocx – 2.2” crawler tires. Jason Ruona, JR Mitch and Paul Wynn put on a driving clinic in the J82 class while Bobby Phillips and Matthew tiller showed everyone the way around the courses in the Rock Cross and Rock Crawling competition. Matthew Tiller showed Jason Ruona how to go fast in a straight line by winning the Small Block Sand Drags while Dustin Lester took the Big Block Sand Drag win in convincing fashion. Leon McIntosh was in the zone in the Slash class by taking the TQ and win while leading every lap in the A-Final. Walter Cruz showed his dominance in the Small and Big Block Monstercross class by taking the TQ and win with his Losi and Revo vehicles. David Yeako took the win in the Small Block truck pull competition with his Associated Monster GT while Brian Macumber took the win in the Big Block truck pull competition.

For more information on the JConcepts Bash please read more below or visit - http://www.jconcepts.net/index.php?/...nts_details/90

Bash Story -

In recent years it seems that the entire RC industry has been standing around waiting for the next big idea in RC, the “next T-Maxx” is what they all say. I believe that we have discovered the next big thing in RC racing just this past weekend at the First Annual JConcepts RC Bash.

What is the new big thing? Fun with RC Cars.

Some of my best friends in life are those I met racing RC cars over the last 15 years. When we sit around at the track talking about our early days in RC, it always comes back to simply playing with the cars, at the track, at home, wherever. I can remember taking my freshly built JrxPro-SE and concocting huge take-off and landing ramps, then jumping over full-size pickup trucks. J-Ro will tell tons of stories about jumping his Clodbuster in the street in front of his house, and how the first test for his new JrxT in 1989 was to see if it jumped better than his Clodbuster in the street in front of his house.

Last Saturday and Sunday, I witnessed people having fun with RC cars, and doing it at an organized event. A special thanks has to go out to Fred Reep of R/C Monster Motorsports for directing and his help bringing this event to reality. The JConcepts RC Bash went off without a hitch at Extreme Hobby & Raceway in Winter Haven FL. Far from a traditional RC event; the class list for this race was quite different than your regular ROAR National. Classes like Pro Rock Crawling, Rock Cross, Short Course Truck, Pro Mod Short Course, Short Course Buggy, Sand Drags, etc. When I arrived at the track Saturday the first thing I heard when I stepped out of my car was Welcome to the Jungle blasting over the sound system; during someone’s rock crawling run. That’s pretty dialed if you ask me.

Saturday’s events were rock crawling, rock racing, and sand drags. The rock crawling course was pretty large, featuring a huge real rock mountain in the center, a wooden trestle bridge/overpass, and complex decent and incline obstacles. The rock crawler faithful loved it. The Rock Cross layout used several of the components of the Crawling course, but mixed in some higher speed sections, jumps, and several option lanes when it came to navigating the course.

The class with the most attendance at this event was no surprise, as it was the Short Course truck class. Every driver in this class chose the Traxxas Slash chassis for the competition. The Traxxas Slash tires were required, as were the stock Titan motors. I literally took the shrink wrap off of a new Slash kit on Sunday morning, swapped out my Spektrum receiver so that I could use my regular transmitter and was instantly ready to race. I spent the most time mounting my freshy new JConcepts Truth body.

For the short course events, we threw the standard race format out the window – no IFMAR qualifying, no timed racing. Racing was decided by lap count. Ten lap qualifiers, 15 lap mains, with 2 bump up positions for each main – and only 8 cars in the A-final. Every qualifier was standing start, with the cars bunched tightly in two rows of three. The A-Finals started 4-wide, two deep. Eight Short Course trucks starting door to door was so much fun I wish we ran Triple A’s of only 5 laps each. I just wanted to do the starts over and over – HA!

The Short Course Truck class saw the top drivers from the Florida area in attendance and racing door to door, Paul Wynn, Leon McIntosh, Bobby Philips, myself, Jim Myers, etc. The only notable absentees from the class were Mr. Ruona and JR Mitch. JR was crossing his fingers on Saturday during the raffle of the new Slash kit – hoping he could un-wrap that rig and race the track with us on Sunday. The Short Course truck class was dominated by Leon, he TQ’ed all of qualifying, and won the main event wire to wire.

The JConcepts J82 conversion kit also made its debut at this event in the Short Course Buggy class. I would estimate 80% of the cars in the field chose the J82 for their race platform in this class. The entire A-Final was full of J82’s. It was a blast running these cars in short course conditions. Its funny, when arrived at the track, it did seem rather small, a true short course. However, on Sunday morning, Jason and I were doing some track maintenance, and it dawned on me – this isn’t really that small, in fact, it is really the same size as the tracks we raced on 15-20 years ago during the birth of electric off-road racing. I remember when a track joined ROAR in the early days; they sent a packet out, which included some sample layouts and track dimensions. The “standard then was 50’x100’ with 8’ lanes for 1/10 scale. Running my J82 with a 7.5 brushless and LiPo power and Green JConcepts rubber on that size track was incredibly fun. We never anticipated anything being that powerful and that hooked up back in the day. A RC10 Team Car with a 15 double and 1400’s, rolling on Losi HT rubber seemed like a rocket ship.

I often say I miss the days of simple racing, when you didn’t have to mount new tires all day, tune and tweak constantly, etc. Well, I think the JConcepts crew has rediscovered those days with the Bash event. I can’t wait for the next JC Bash – where will it be? Check JconceptsEvents.com for upcoming info.

Oh, and Jason’s JrxT totally out-jumped his Clodbuster.

JConcepts Bash – Saturday results -

Pro 2.2" Crawling

Matthew Tiller – 20 points
David Pickels – 59 points
Jason Ruona – 67 points
Justin Pickels – 78 points
Bruce Noordzy – 94 points

2.2" Rock Cross - 13.5

Bobby Phillips
Jason Ruona
Paul Wynn
Rich Muller
David Pickels
Justin Pickels
Miranda Pickels

Sand Drags - Small Block

Matthew Tiller
Jason Ruona
Ron Berry

Sand Drags - Big Block

Dustin Lester
Craig Lowe
Mark Grondin
David Yeako

Truck Pull - Small Block

David Yeako

Truck Pull - Big Block

Brian Macumber
David Yeako
Bradly Macumber

JConcepts Bash – Sunday results -

Monster Cross - Big Block

Walter Cruz
Dustin Lester
David Yeako
Steve Cowles

Monster Cross – Small Block

Walter Cruz
TJ Abbott
Giles Birmingham
Dakota Glawson
Billy Tinch

Short Course 2wd – C Main

Brandyn Nichols
Rich Muller
Fred Reep
Ron Berry

Short Course 2wd – B Main

Michael Ortiz
David Yarrington
Craig Lowe
Matthew Tiller
David Yeako
Brandyn Nichols
Dustin Lester
Rich Muller
David Yeako
Brandyn Nichols
Rich Muller

Short Course 2wd – A Main

Leon McIntosh
Paul Wynn
Bobby Phillips
Jim Myers
Michael Ortiz
Tim Davis
Jimmie Cooper
David Yarrington

J82 – B Main

Tim Davis
Sherwin Diaz
Zack Genova
Steve Cowles
Jimmie Cooper
Fred Reep
David Yeako
Steve Cowles

J82 – A Main

Jason Ruona
JR Mitch
Paul Wynn
Bobby Phillips
Tim Davis
Jim Myers
Sherwin Diaz
Zach Mote

Short Course Pro Mod – A Main

Bob Phillips
David Huckaby
Steve Cowles
Bryant Nichols
Mark Grondin

Check out the vid - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1KBKUqpteU&fmt=18

Old 01-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here are a couple pics. I have some good Slash racing footage I need to post up.

Look at that wheelstand across the line! Damn that guy is fast.

And a couple of Truth bodied Slash's.