Old 07-16-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

he's coming this weekend
Old 07-16-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Edit.. wrong thread

Last edited by TimPotter; 07-16-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
Won't matter, You have to place in the Top 3 to obtain any points for the manufacturers cup
LMFAO....Im back now and cant wait to run down at MDI this weekend see you there....Oh and by the way I love your sig..

Bryan
Old 07-19-2008, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I've scoured the thread but can't seem to find the answer to this question...

Since the motor choice for VTA has been upped to 17.5/Lipo from 21.5/Lipo will there be a change in the FDR requirement?

thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 08:36 AM
Tech Adept

I have a serious issue with the participation point and the loss of the TQ point. We have drops for a reason, real life trumps RC racing no matter what is going on, sorry. If you go to a race and I don't you get more points then me automatically. No TQ point takes most of the tire strategy right out the window. How pissed would you be if had a family event and you lost a championship by a participation point? That is just wrong. Not to mention this wasn't voted on or even discussed as a group.

To my knowledge the change in points discussion we had was to change the spread further instead of the current single point spread. How did that turn into no TQ and participation?

Also, I'm getting tired of Tim saying don't talk to me, talk to Izzy. Tim, you know you are as or more involved with this crap then Izzy is, stop trying to hide behind him.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tonyp126
I have a serious issue with the participation point and the loss of the TQ point. We have drops for a reason, real life trumps RC racing no matter what is going on, sorry. If you go to a race and I don't you get more points then me automatically. No TQ point takes most of the tire strategy right out the window. How pissed would you be if had a family event and you lost a championship by a participation point? That is just wrong. Not to mention this wasn't voted on or even discussed as a group.

To my knowledge the change in points discussion we had was to change the spread further instead of the current single point spread. How did that turn into no TQ and participation?

Also, I'm getting tired of Tim saying don't talk to me, talk to Izzy. Tim, you know you are as or more involved with this crap then Izzy is, stop trying to hide behind him.
Many things that were not voted on were put into place (TQ points and Spec Novak 17.5), and many things that were voted on make no sense to me(Group Start Qualifying, what wrong with IFMAR?). Guess we just have to live with it. As for a discussion, there really wasn't one, until after the vote, by which time it was already to late to change anyone opinion or vote.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:12 AM
Tech Adept

If you ask me, we need to get a new ballot made with clear explanations of the proposed rule changes and get it to everyone that qualifies to vote. Have a discussion about them and then vote. Oh wait, that's how we did it every year except this one.....
Old 07-21-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tony, I am guessing you are not talking about me.. ( Tim). But Yeah we had discussions years past about participation points and it was voted down...

I really do not understsnd the lack of TQ point... fastest is fastest... should get somethign for that...

Old 07-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Having a new ballot would be a great idea but doubt that would happen...So why dont we just live with what was voted on (weight , stupid heads up, and what ever else was voted on) and take away the stuff that wasnt voted on! (TQ point, participation point, spec 17.5, I hope i didnt miss one)...I know Tim Kowel has asked this many time ans was never answered. How is the heads up grid going to work? I dont want to show up to the first race and nobody has any idea what to do for a grid.

Bryan
Old 07-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

If you ask me, we need to get a new ballot made with clear explanations of the proposed rule changes and get it to everyone that qualifies to vote. Have a discussion about them and then vote. Oh wait, that's how we did it every year except this one.....
That would be the logical thing to do, wouldn't it? I second that idea.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Quick question?? Am i the president......... NO! I came on here and answered a questions that people had with answers directly from Izzy, NOT form Me. Everyone wants to jump down my ass about the rules because i spoke up for Izzy (my bad for answering peoples questions). I want nothing to do with the rules or the rule changes. My title is scorekeeper and to help Izzy with the RC Scoring Pro software and want to leave it at that. Your on the board Tony (Photographer) You have as much say as I do. If i remember correctly I said to do a re-vote at the Adrenaline race after everyone claimed they had no idea what they were voting on and was shot down. I too will not be able to make all of the races more than likely due to work so the participation point affects me too. YES it would suck to lose a championship because of those points i agree 100%. I DO agree with no TQ points..... it would keep the championship closer together till the end making the last few races more important. I also agree with you that we should do a re-vote and have already brought this up and was told no.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

NO MORE HEADS UP AS RULE 15.6.1 SAYS!!!!!!!!

This rule explains that we will start in a group but each car having its own clock. This is great so it is ifmar just the anounser wont car go car 1 go car 2 and so on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GLAD TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!

15.6.1 Qualifiers:
Each qualifying heat shall be run group start style. Each car will count separately and will be on its own clock unless an exception is noted in the class specification
Old 07-21-2008, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teammidget lilB
NO MORE HEADS UP AS RULE 15.6.1 SAYS!!!!!!!!

This rule explains that we will start in a group but each car having its own clock. This is great so it is ifmar just the anounser wont car go car 1 go car 2 and so on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GLAD TO SEE THIS!!!!!!!!!

15.6.1 Qualifiers:
Each qualifying heat shall be run group start style. Each car will count separately and will be on its own clock unless an exception is noted in the class specification
unless an exception is noted in the class specification
You need to recheck each class where it says same clock!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
unless an exception is noted in the class specification
You need to recheck each class where it says same clock!
#@!$
Old 07-21-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pejota
I've scoured the thread but can't seem to find the answer to this question...

Since the motor choice for VTA has been upped to 17.5/Lipo from 21.5/Lipo will there be a change in the FDR requirement?

thanks
Can anyone answer this question before it gets buried in another rules argument? Please? I'd like to get my stuff together now instead of last minute.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.