Wiki Posts
Search

New rule discussion-FSEARA 2008

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 04:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PaintingRoly
Yeah Trinity does come out with new better motors. Since 2003 they've had the Monster,and CO27 for stock, and for 19 turn you've had the Chameleon 2 and Kamodo. That's 2 choices (per class) in 4 years. Not 6-10 choices in a few months and at $80 a motor not $35 like brushed.
Do you know for a fact that there are going to be 6-10 new BL motors in the next few months? Where did you get that info? And will one brushed motor last as long as one BL motor? I doubt it. 2 brushed motors $$ = 1 BL motors $$ Seems equal on the money point to me not counting the different brushes and springs you must keep "feeding" the brushed motor.

We have time before next years series begins, right? Maybe we should hold off on deciding if we pick a spec motor for BL until we are closer, maybe by then ROAR will have set guidelines for BL and we can just follow them or maybe all those 6-10 motors you are talking about will be out and we can then have a better understanding on which to choose from(maybe they all will be extremely close?), How's that for an idea!!!!!!!

You would think that sooner or later someone would agree with me
Old 08-06-2007, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

maybe we should compare as many of the same turn motors as we can to see if there is much difference. I propose a brushless invitational race at village. only thing needed to get an invite is running brushless. then we can all say we at least tried them and have a feel for what they do..
Old 08-06-2007, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Malin
maybe we should compare as many of the same turn motors as we can to see if there is much difference. I propose a brushless invitational race at village. only thing needed to get an invite is running brushless. then we can all say we at least tried them and have a feel for what they do..

we did that and.......................you were not there
Old 08-06-2007, 04:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by barnacle
I like donuts, do you? What kind do you like?

i like the round ones
Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dave Bowser
i like the round ones
With holes in the center!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Lets see 13.5 and 10.5 that are possible

1. NEW Novak (already announced)
2. Orion (already announced)
3. Checkpoint (being tested)
4. EAmotorsport (been tested)
5. Brood (EddieO already posted that they are working on it)
6. Trinity (already announced)
7. Tekin (already announced)
8. Speedpassion (already announced)
9. Haker (look like the novak ones)
10. Castle creations/Mamba

I know Brushless is cheaper in the long run, but if we leave it open BL will be more expensive next year.

How let me show you

2006 I bought 2 CO27's at $35 each ($70) and 25 pair of F-Brushes (that I still have a few pairs of) for $50

total motor and maintanance cost of $120

2008 If we go with a spec motor I expect to buy atleast 2 at $70 each

total $140

2008 If we leave it open I'll probably have to buy 1 Novak, 1 LRP, 1 Orion, 1 Trinity (can we agree that in the next year atleast these 4 manufacturers will have 13.5 and 10.5 BL's?) at around $70- $80 apiece

Total $280 minimum

Now remember that those of us that don't already own a BL speedo will have to shell out aroud $200 just for a speedo.

So for me BL next year with the 1 motor rule I'm looking at $340 (minimum) with the rules being open $480 (minimum)

Compared to $150 max to run brushed
Old 08-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Tech Master

sounds good to me...................i say we ban brushless do to the overwhelming cost
Old 08-06-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

I like Jelly
Old 08-06-2007, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

I like Jelly
LMAO...........................this is to easy
Old 08-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Ever bake grape jelly into your tires using tire warmers? 15 minutes at 60 degree Celcius, wipe off with sugar free tropicana lemonade.

One word DIALED
Old 08-07-2007, 02:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll go with strawberry jelly in mine. As for brushless I think we should drop it - it's to expensive .But wait did n't we say either brushed or brushless and the faster cars are the brushed. There no problem as all the fast guys will be brushed thus saving them money in the long run.Well maybe I'll take grape jelly instead?
Old 08-07-2007, 05:21 AM
Tech Master

Lets see 13.5 and 10.5 that are possible

1. NEW Novak (already announced)
2. Orion (already announced)
3. Checkpoint (being tested)
4. EAmotorsport (been tested)
5. Brood (EddieO already posted that they are working on it)
6. Trinity (already announced)
7. Tekin (already announced)
8. Speedpassion (already announced)
9. Haker (look like the novak ones)
10. Castle creations/Mamba

I know Brushless is cheaper in the long run, but if we leave it open BL will be more expensive next year.

How let me show you

2006 I bought 2 CO27's at $35 each ($70) and 25 pair of F-Brushes (that I still have a few pairs of) for $50

total motor and maintanance cost of $120

2008 If we go with a spec motor I expect to buy atleast 2 at $70 each

total $140

2008 If we leave it open I'll probably have to buy 1 Novak, 1 LRP, 1 Orion, 1 Trinity (can we agree that in the next year atleast these 4 manufacturers will have 13.5 and 10.5 BL's?) at around $70- $80 apiece

Total $280 minimum

Now remember that those of us that don't already own a BL speedo will have to shell out aroud $200 just for a speedo.

So for me BL next year with the 1 motor rule I'm looking at $340 (minimum) with the rules being open $480 (minimum)

Compared to $150 max to run brushed
This is fun, you never answered my question Roly, are you going to run brushless even if it is proven slower than brushed? You keep bringing up the money issue, even using the word "have to buy", but no one is telling you you have to run BL, you can even still run those 2 motors you already have and save $$. Why would you want to spend $$, if so far we have no reason to believe it will be faster, correct? Can't you come up with a better reason than saving $$ for limiting the BL to one motor brand? Seems like a double standard to me, Brushed = No limit : BL = limit.

You do know I am just busting your balls here, right?

I would like to see some organization, whether it be ROAR or IFMAR, etc. get a good set of guidelines for the builders to follow, as they have done with brushed, then we can follow the guidelines that they have set. It just might be to early in the "game" to decide on this ruling for our series.

Again I ask, do we have a time frame on when BL guidelines will be established from ROAR? Will it be before next season?

Got to go to work, peace out
Old 08-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tim Kowal
This is fun, you never answered my question Roly, are you going to run brushless even if it is proven slower than brushed? You keep bringing up the money issue, even using the word "have to buy", but no one is telling you you have to run BL, you can even still run those 2 motors you already have and save $$. Why would you want to spend $$, if so far we have no reason to believe it will be faster, correct? Can't you come up with a better reason than saving $$ for limiting the BL to one motor brand? Seems like a double standard to me, Brushed = No limit : BL = limit.

You do know I am just busting your balls here, right?

I would like to see some organization, whether it be ROAR or IFMAR, etc. get a good set of guidelines for the builders to follow, as they have done with brushed, then we can follow the guidelines that they have set. It just might be to early in the "game" to decide on this ruling for our series.

Again I ask, do we have a time frame on when BL guidelines will be established from ROAR? Will it be before next season?

Got to go to work, peace out
OK I'll make this as clear as possible.

We have guidliness that all stock and 19 turns have to meet. At this moment we do not have that for Brushless. We can all agree on this right?

So the statment Brushed = no limit, and BL = limited is incorrect. Because we got rules and standards that all stock and 19 turns have to meet.

Now if a new Brushed spec motor is released it will only be slightly faster (or better), but with BL there could be a big differance because they have no limits that the manufacturers have to follow.

As for what I'll run I've posted it on here before and I've talked to you personally about it. I will buy a BL system (because it's the way of the future)
now if I got to a race and I'm faster with a Brushed motor I'll run that, but I'll be going BL first, and only drop in a old brushed motor if I feel I'm at a real disadvantage.

Tim I want good "competative" racing in the "spec" class. Mod is open to run what ever your heart desires. As for money yeah it's an issue for alot of people and you have to take that into consideration. Hell F1 limits spending (spec tires, motor limits, etc.....) and they're the premire autoracing series in the world
Old 08-07-2007, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

OK I'll make this as clear as possible.

We have guidliness that all stock and 19 turns have to meet. At this moment we do not have that for Brushless. We can all agree on this right?

So the statment Brushed = no limit, and BL = limited is incorrect. Because we got rules and standards that all stock and 19 turns have to meet.

Now if a new Brushed spec motor is released it will only be slightly faster (or better), but with BL there could be a big differance because they have no limits that the manufacturers have to follow.

As for what I'll run I've posted it on here before and I've talked to you personally about it. I will buy a BL system (because it's the way of the future)
now if I got to a race and I'm faster with a Brushed motor I'll run that, but I'll be going BL first, and only drop in a old brushed motor if I feel I'm at a real disadvantage.

Tim I want good "competative" racing in the "spec" class. Mod is open to run what ever your heart desires. As for money yeah it's an issue for alot of people and you have to take that into consideration. Hell F1 limits spending (spec tires, motor limits, etc.....) and they're the premire autoracing series in the world
So if we can get a Sanctioning Body (ROAR, IFMAR) to get a good set of guidelines for BL before the start of next season, we could follow them instead of just using a single motor builder? I would go along with that.
But as I posted earlier from EA, so far the 13.5 Novak and the 13.5 LRP are close on the track from his testing, how are we coming across with the assumption that any newer 13.5 from another builder will be such a "leap" ahead and render this two motors useless?

Also using your example of starting with BL than switching back to brushed if it is an advantage at a race; wouldn't that help my point by allowing any BL motor instead of being stuck with a "spec" BL for the whole season that can't compete at an equal level? What if builder x's newer motor is just incrementally faster, as you say happens with brushed motors, than builder y's "spec" motor making it more competive with the brushed motors, wouldn't you want it allowed into the class, so you can compete on a level playing field with the brushed? You did say you wanted good competitive racing and use "way of the future" technology.

While I understand that both Stock and 19 Turn are "Spec" classes and Mod is open, but to me the "spec" part of the class is that you run a stock motor or a 19 turn motor. Not a single builders motor.

We could go back and forth forever, just as in any good debate. But I think we have come to an agreement that we need to have a higher up, whether it be ROAR, IFMAR, or even FSEARA come up with a set of tech rules for the BL motors to be built by, so we don't have the "FLUX CAPACITOR" (I love this reference, Tim Potter) motor of the month.

Can anyone give me an expect date that ROAR or IFMAR sets up some tech rules for the BL classes?

Maybe I should eat more donuts, bulk up for next season and type replys less!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Apple fritter's are awsome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.