R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Florida Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing-54/)
-   -   New rule discussion-FSEARA 2008 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/florida-racing/166636-new-rule-discussion-fseara-2008-a.html)

turbodog 06-05-2007 07:19 AM

New rule discussion-FSEARA 2008

Race #5 is already upon us. This is not an official rule proposal forum so do not expect your ideas here to be on the ballot. Official rule proposals must be turned in to Izzy or Tim Potter. All ideas are welcome here as this is an open discussion.

turbodog 06-05-2007 07:28 AM

First up, legalize brushless 13.5 (stock) and 10.5 (19t). Either along with stock and 19t or as separate classes. I do not like the idea of making new classes and would like to see brushless run with brushed, but we need to see them run together in order to guage how they would be competition wise.

Marcos.J 06-05-2007 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by turbodog (Post 3370199)
First up, legalize brushless 13.5 (stock) and 10.5 (19t). Either along with stock and 19t or as separate classes. I do not like the idea of making new classes and would like to see brushless run with brushed, but we need to see them run together in order to guage how they would be competition wise.

i like the idea to mix the 13.5 and 10.5 with stock and 19t, how about a tire choice between the CS27 and the RP30?? Superior Hobbies is already giving the racers a choice in this Summer Point Series.

EH_TC4 06-05-2007 09:37 AM

How about the use of any 7.4V hard cased LiPo battery.

Mark Mixon 06-05-2007 10:49 AM

Ideas?

Is it time to do this already? It is? Then let the whining commence. For the past several years the most vocal opponents / proponents of any given idea can't seem to make the time to stick around the track on Saturday to discuss them, yet can find plenty of time to type their ideas / complaints all year on these boards. If I remember we voted on the tire issue last year, 27's vs.30's, and decided to stick with 27's because they were a less expensive option. It helps take one large factor out of the equation running spec tires. If you open it to two, why not abolish spec tires and have it open? Run stock and 13.5 together. Same with 10.5 and 19t. Whichever turns out to be faster will soon be the dominant class. How about the Mod format for all classes? 6 runs heads up racing? I think it would be fun, but would be a nightmare to arrange, score, and implement. Game on!

Marcos.J 06-05-2007 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mark Mixon (Post 3370741)
How about the Mod format for all classes? 6 runs heads up racing? I think it would be fun, but would be a nightmare to arrange, score, and implement. Game on!

it will also make it a very long day:D unless they change the start time on saturday from 12:00 pm to like 10:00 am and maybe cutting back the hour or so lunch break!:)

TimPotter 06-05-2007 11:20 AM

Marcos,

I believe it should be 1 spec tire.. or open tires. We all know RP30's are faster, But the CS 27 is a more cost effective solution. Why spend more money on tires, if you dont have to ?...

As far as the Heads Up format, not so sure how that would work for the other classes. Lets get through the first year of mod... and see how it sorts out...

Originally Posted by Marcos.J (Post 3370372)
i like the idea to mix the 13.5 and 10.5 with stock and 19t, how about a tire choice between the CS27 and the RP30?? Superior Hobbies is already giving the racers a choice in this Summer Point Series.

TimPotter 06-05-2007 11:21 AM

I agree with having hard cased Lipos'.. thats should be on the ballot too....

Marcos.J 06-05-2007 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by TimPotter (Post 3370804)
Marcos,

I believe it should be 1 spec tire.. or open tires. We all know RP30's are faster, But the CS 27 is a more cost effective solution. Why spend more money on tires, if you dont have to ?...

As far as the Heads Up format, not so sure how that would work for the other classes. Lets get through the first year of mod... and see how it sorts out...

agreed

BullFrog 06-05-2007 11:28 AM

old timers view to new rules proposals: It sure is nice to see someone else say what I've said before. I'm always around after the races Saturday and Sunday. I'm all for 13.5 and 10.5 motors to run against the brushed motors.In the Masters Class- have Lipos legal to use. As a suggestion at the September race have a special demo race with 4-5 of the Masters and run a lipo and brushless. I talked with several people about this last month.
I'll throw out make Lipos legal for all classes as as long as they are in a hard case. I guess someone will have something available for 1/12th?:):)

Mark Mixon 06-05-2007 02:06 PM

Wah! It's late! Hey, I have to drive, too, but if we start on time and run a straightforward program, things would move along. We could go back to 4 minute races like in the 80's? That'd save time, too. We only had 65 entries at the last race, no reason that adding a few heats would make a substantial time increase over the course of two whole days. OR run stock for 7 or 8 minutes, especially if LIPO's are here and going to be implemented. If I run brushless and LIPO I'd like to run the extra time I used to spend on motors and batteries!

dave 06-05-2007 02:28 PM

Lipo Lipo Lipo all the way. Its great to show up and practice and race without ever removing the battery from your car.

Dave

Double Quattro 06-05-2007 02:38 PM

Sorry for jumping in, but I have a question from an interested outsider. I recall one of the series racers commented on this as the answer to the lower attendance at FSEARA races.

Why can't you run the entire event in one day? I understand that racing is expensive and travel costs are part of the game, but for me it is more of the time constraints of attending a 2 day event and not just the extra expenses for hotels and all.

Why not have open practice the day before then a full day of qualifiers and mains. Another idea, what about qualifiers through the day, take a break, and then resume main events into the early evening? I realize that not all of the locations would have adequate track lighting but, from a racing stand point, it would be interesting because you would also need to adjust your set-up to account for the track changes.

Again just a thought from someone who would like to join but can not commit the time to attend multiple 2 day races. Until that time, I will continue to be a silent supporter of FSEARA and wish the series the best.

Marcos.J 06-05-2007 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Double Quattro (Post 3371270)
Sorry for jumping in, but I have a question from an interested outsider. I recall one of the series racers commented on this as the answer to the lower attendance at FSEARA races.

Why can't you run the entire event in one day? I understand that racing is expensive and travel costs are part of the game, but for me it is more of the time constraints of attending a 2 day event and not just the extra expenses for hotels and all.

Why not have open practice the day before then a full day of qualifiers and mains. Another idea, what about qualifiers through the day, take a break, and then resume main events into the early evening? I realize that not all of the locations would have adequate track lighting but, from a racing stand point, it would be interesting because you would also need to adjust your set-up to account for the track changes.

Again just a thought from someone who would like to join but can not commit the time to attend multiple 2 day races. Until that time, I will continue to be a silent supporter of FSEARA and wish the series the best.

i believe it has been mention before , for example Superior can run the whole event in one day and that includes several heats of nitro cars, Ive raced at superiors once and we had i believe like 16 heats all together and they were able to run 2 quals and the mains before sunset

sf85 06-05-2007 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by TimPotter (Post 3370806)
I agree with having hard cased Lipos'.. thats should be on the ballot too....

1 vote here for hard cased lipos. This would cut cost down as well. Brushless + lipo = low maintenance = I love to race. :nod: