Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Schedule at Rick's Hobby Farm

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We also got the go ahead from Rick to run more power out to the track to greatly expand the amount of electrical outlets that will be located all along the north and south pitting areas and in pit lane. I expect this to be done around mid-summer as soon as we get funds to purchase all of the hardware we need to make it happen.
Old 02-25-2012, 05:57 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Monster trucks

Is there a monster truck class anymore? I kinda miss running my T-maxx at the old indoor track in Brooklyn Park. Now i have a E-maxx that just pretty much gets run around the yard. I do have a couple 2wd sc trucks so i definately will keep an eye on that turnout.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:09 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcwanaB
Is there a monster truck class anymore? I kinda miss running my T-maxx at the old indoor track in Brooklyn Park. Now i have a E-maxx that just pretty much gets run around the yard. I do have a couple 2wd sc trucks so i definately will keep an eye on that turnout.
We do see a few monster trucks from time to time. If we get at least 3, we will make a class for them. SCT is pretty popular here so no worries there.
Old 02-25-2012, 06:47 AM
Tech Adept

I too have seen monster trucks out there. It seems they are kind of hit and miss. Maybe we just make sure they know others are interested in racing monster trucks. I agree with banner73, there are no problems with the amount of sct people and I am sure the track will be a friendly track for all kinds of rigs. Well maybe not boats, but then we have a boat pond too, haha. I think there may even be enough electrics this year in 1/8 buggy. Not sure about the electric truggy class.
Old 02-27-2012, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

I am thinking about having racing one day during the week, probably once ore twice a month. What do you racers think about this? If there is enough interested I would be glad to run it. I will be doing this to try to make a little money for the track as there are a lot of things we are trying to do there this year so I will have a racing fee. At this point I am thinking a straight $10 per class. What do you guys think about a race night during the week? I would like to hear all of your ideas about it. Thanks, Brian.
Old 02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wheelieman
I am thinking about having racing one day during the week, probably once ore twice a month. What do you racers think about this? If there is enough interested I would be glad to run it. I will be doing this to try to make a little money for the track as there are a lot of things we are trying to do there this year so I will have a racing fee. At this point I am thinking a straight $10 per class. What do you guys think about a race night during the week? I would like to hear all of your ideas about it. Thanks, Brian.
heck yes i would for sure be intrested as long as its on a thursday its my only day off during the week and i work second shift blah but yea i would come every thursday if it were to be on it
Old 02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Tech Adept

ok 2fast4you, still waiting for responses but we will keep thursday in mind. I am looking forward to this season.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default ?

didn't you guys already try this? what will you do for lighting?
Old 03-02-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Adept

If there is enough interest, I feel that the rules for the nitro racing are that we end at dusk and I wanted to have late afternoon to early evening racing so I had no plans on having lighting. I will be running the Saturday Races during the summer and don't want to get burnt out on long weekday races. At this point I am just looking into it to see if there is enough interest to try to organize something. But thanks for the concerns.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Tech Adept

Another racer is looking into trpohies to give out if you guys are interested in racing during the week. I have heard from 2 people so far. We need three to make a class, haha.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default do it

I am no doubt interested and would race if it was organized.

Limiting the classes, if there gets to be a large amount of interest and shortening the race schelule on a week night will go a long way towards dealing with the light issue. You could even just run this during the prime midsummer months when you know the sun isn't going down till at least 9. Just a thought.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the thoughts Wade, they are important. I think depending on the number of people, qualifiers will not be that important. I would also like people responding about the weekday/evening racing to tell me the class they are interested in so I can start a count of people in a class. Does that make sense? The classes we are looking into would be 1/8 buggy and truggy, 1/10 SCT 2wd and 4wd, monster truck, any other possibilities? It all depends on if we have enough to make a class. The next thing to look into will be nitro and electric? If there are not enough to run your own class, do you mind running together? This is going to be pretty relaxed so I want to make it fun for all.
Old 03-10-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Adept

Well I guess there is not much interest in racing during the week judging from the postings. I will just continue to watch to see if more of you show an interest. Maybe its too early yet. Then again from postings I see a few people looking to get out there in the next week if not soooner! I know I am getting the ich too, haha.
Old 03-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Let us know when you start working on the track, I would like to help if I am free. This weather is giving me the itch...
Old 03-11-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah, tell me about it! Last year was fun but I think this year is going to be crazy. We will make sure people know when we plan on working on the track. Right now we are waiting for the frost to get out of the ground and the ground to firm up so the bull dozer can go in there to flatten the track and get us our piles of dirt. We need a lot of dirt for this new layout.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.