Search
Like Tree60Likes

VBC D10

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 08:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Steering Hubs

Hi! I just started racing again after 10years and purchased a vbc d10. On practice i broke a steering hub(cross threaded on the screw). I replaced it with a new one a d did a race but it still stripped even though i didn't hit alot of things so I replaced it again and still did the same this time without hitting anything. It's only on the right steering hub that i am having issues with. Has anyone experienced this?
Old 08-14-2018, 08:34 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MAJOR
Hi! I just started racing again after 10years and purchased a vbc d10. On practice i broke a steering hub(cross threaded on the screw). I replaced it with a new one a d did a race but it still stripped even though i didn't hit alot of things so I replaced it again and still did the same this time without hitting anything. It's only on the right steering hub that i am having issues with. Has anyone experienced this?
You'll want to use a longer 4mm screw through the Caster Block into the Steering block. Also be VERY careful not to over tighten the screw initially. With these high carbon plastics, once the thread breaks it's over.

You'll want to make sure that lower 4MM screw comes through the steering hub as far as possible without hitting the double universal axle.
Old 08-17-2018, 11:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nickw
You'll want to use a longer 4mm screw through the Caster Block into the Steering block. Also be VERY careful not to over tighten the screw initially. With these high carbon plastics, once the thread breaks it's over.

You'll want to make sure that lower 4MM screw comes through the steering hub as far as possible without hitting the double universal axle.
Thanks Nick. So your suggestion is to change the screws to a longer 4mm?
Old 08-18-2018, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

Replied to your PM sir. But yes, a longer screw will improve the durability greatly. I run on carpet, and the barriers don't move. Since changing that out, hits that would pull the screw out before now bounce the car off with no damage.

It's helped a lot to say the least.

Oh, and if you're running on carpet, I can help with setups. We're really dialing in the setups for black CRC Fastrack 2 carpet
Old 08-18-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me the internal ratio of the D10? Think the older VBC cars were 1.9??? Can't seem to find it in the manual or online......
Old 08-18-2018, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Yep. Still 1.9
Old 08-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by nickw
Yep. Still 1.9
Great....thanks!
Old 08-24-2018, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This car does not seem to have a lot of success... Are people still racing with?
Old 08-24-2018, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
This car does not seem to have a lot of success... Are people still racing with?
There are a few of us running the car......................what would you like to know?
Old 08-25-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Elite

Nothing special, it is hard to find some setup sheets for this car. We are racing here special conditions, sugar on track but no tyre prep, only Sweep 32. Any asphalt setup you could share?

I've seen huge differences between asphalt setups, especially around roll centers... And are you guys running diff/spool high or low? What does it change?
Old 08-25-2018, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Nothing special, it is hard to find some setup sheets for this car. We are racing here special conditions, sugar on track but no tyre prep, only Sweep 32. Any asphalt setup you could share?

I've seen huge differences between asphalt setups, especially around roll centers... And are you guys running diff/spool high or low? What does it change?
I don't run the D10, however I've run many other standard cars on prepped asphalt every week. I typically run the spool in the high position and the diff in low position. I also, run a lower roll center in the front than in the rear, by adjusting the pins (typically using pills or shims) Hope this helps.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So what is going on with VBC. It has been very quiet, usually they are talking about their new car but I have not heard anything. I really like all of their cars and just hope this is the beginning of the end.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry I don't run asphalt. There are a couple setups on Petit rc. I think for asphalt you probably want diff down, lower roll center with no spacers would generate the most traction feel. No tire prep? Not sure what to do there, maybe use more negative camber, but you'll get the rings of death sooner.

There was some discussion about running the split mount in the f/r position.......after a lot of testing, I went back to the one piece mount. The split mounts made the car very inconsistent. On our test track this car had a couple issues which made it tough to tune for. Car has a big oversteer on exit and a push on power. The first thing that helped the car was going to a softer gear diff, 3-5k oil. On asphalt it would probably need something in the 1k range. The rest of my setup has some crazy things on it, but finally got a car I can drive again.
Old 08-27-2018, 10:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who else has tried putting d09 front suspension parts on their d10? How is the handling? I have a few spares from my d09 so gonna replace it(bought a d09 with spares)

Have no luck with the steering hubs on the d10. Tight carpet track. Very little hit and it breaks. I didn't overtighten it too.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:52 AM
Tech Elite

I've run it with the full D09 geometry. Interesting, the steering reaction is totally different. Mostly efficient on asphalt, no experience on carpet...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.