Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

US VTA . Is it back?

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 AM
Tech Rookie

Default US VTA . Is it back?

I've been thinking of getting back into the RC hobby of US VTA racing. I did it many years ago before the bottom of the economy fell out and sold everything off. I raced at the long closed now , hobby shop in Madison WI if anyone remembers that place , couple events in Green Bay and Illinois but when the economy dropped in I think somewhere around 08?? A lot of tracks closed down . I live in Milwaukee WI so I'm just seeing if I'm gonna invest the money again to build / buy a car , batteries, parts . Etc you get it that their is still interest in the class . Thanks all hope you're all still having a good time
Old 03-06-2017, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

It is still alive and well in the midwest. Can't speak for other parts of the country.

Here is a link the their site with all the newest rules. U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series
Old 03-06-2017, 09:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Truckerguy
I've been thinking of getting back into the RC hobby of US VTA racing. I did it many years ago before the bottom of the economy fell out and sold everything off. I raced at the long closed now , hobby shop in Madison WI if anyone remembers that place , couple events in Green Bay and Illinois but when the economy dropped in I think somewhere around 08?? A lot of tracks closed down . I live in Milwaukee WI so I'm just seeing if I'm gonna invest the money again to build / buy a car , batteries, parts . Etc you get it that their is still interest in the class . Thanks all hope you're all still having a good time
you are still in the hotbed of VTA...its a little travel but Windy City has picked up where Track HH left off. And VTA is booming there...they are also hosting the return of the Scale Nationals in April....
Old 03-06-2017, 09:05 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you. Glad to see they slowed them down a little , I remember it got a bit out of had with the 21.5 and the "turbo" speed controller I remember that was a HUGE deal when the Teken came out with the Turbo function started turning a lot of people away. Hope it's not the money game it once turned into
Old 03-06-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is a track in Oshkosh,at the Hobbytown. As for slowing down, I'm guessing you haven't see a VTA race in a while
Old 03-06-2017, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Come up to revolution raceway in oshkosh above Hobbytown. 807 s. Oregon st. We run vta every weekend on Saturday with a solid 6 or more cars, sometimes several heats. We also run usgt, f1 and 17.5 TC. As several have stated here in the Midwest vta is still strong
Old 03-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

I got 2 good cars with all the goodies to go with minus esc and motorhttp://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-items-sale-trade/980086-vbc-d06-d08-f-s.html
Old 03-06-2017, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The best part about the current state of USVTA racing is that the slower speeds of "blinky" 25.5 motors pretty much guarantees that any touring chassis is capable of being competitive. Even cars like a Tamiya TT-02 with a few hop-ups can be raced successfully in VTA.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
The best part about the current state of USVTA racing is that the slower speeds of "blinky" 25.5 motors pretty much guarantees that any touring chassis is capable of being competitive. Even cars like a Tamiya TT-02 with a few hop-ups can be raced successfully in VTA.
What's the reason for going to a 25.5 and what does blinky mean? Sorry I been way out of the game for too long lol
Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

USVTA switched to 25.5 motors to slow the class down. USVTA later opened up the speed controller rules to allow any speed control that was operating in ROAR blinky mode.

Blinky mode is a software mode in the speed control that has zero timing or boost. The reason it is called blinky is that the manufacturers are required to have the speed control continually flash a light on the speed control when in zero timing mode.

If you check the signature at the bottom of my post, it has the current link to the USVTA website which will have links to the current rules.
Old 03-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

Blinky means the esc does not have turbo/boost programmed into it. Only mod classes use boost.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

RC Performance is now Performance Hobbies and is located on Monona Dr. They no longer have a track. MARCCA is still around and there are are a few VTA cars around, but it is not raced regularly. We practice on Tuesdays from 5 to 10 or so and race on Sundays @ 1:30.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-part-2-a.html
liljohn1064 likes this.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

The class is dead unless a company starts making tires.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by marshallsbbq
The class is dead unless a company starts making tires.
HPI has stock on them, they are starting to show up at hobby stores. We'll be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.