Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome! >

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree261Likes

Traxxas 4Tec2.0 Ford GT...this thing is awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Like all TRAXXAS products it is an excellent, very durable, top of the line toy grade basher. Nothing more.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 02-15-2019, 09:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks for the info guys.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:37 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Hadley JH RC Club's 4-Tec Class keeps rolling along. We had one dog bone pop out and then the young driver repaired it and jammed it in wrong. So, he couldn't race the main. Part of that problem came from the fact that the car comes with no camber link in the rear. We will fix that. We have a 4-Tec that the club members take turns driving. There were three different drivers on.Sunday. There was a different driver for the two heats and the main. I took the car off training mode. The first two drivers did very well. The young man running the main had a little trouble understanding the concept "slow is fast." The car bounce of the pipes. in the tighter sections of the track. But, there were no broken parts. The front of the body will need some work. The young racers had fun. In my opinion, no other touring car would have survived.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:43 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MD
Hadley JH RC Club's 4-Tec Class keeps rolling along. We had one dog bone pop out and then the young driver repaired it and jammed it in wrong. So, he couldn't race the main. Part of that problem came from the fact that the car comes with no camber link in the rear. We will fix that. We have a 4-Tec that the club members take turns driving. There were three different drivers on.Sunday. There was a different driver for the two heats and the main. I took the car off training mode. The first two drivers did very well. The young man running the main had a little trouble understanding the concept "slow is fast." The car bounce of the pipes. in the tighter sections of the track. But, there were no broken parts. The front of the body will need some work. The young racers had fun. In my opinion, no other touring car would have survived.
Very impressive! Great job.
Old 02-28-2019, 08:16 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JC3
Very impressive! Great job.
Thanks.
Old 03-01-2019, 06:16 AM
MD
Tech Champion

I did forget to mention that we did have another stock Traxxas servo that broke. That's our second. The two that have died or had broken gears were replaced with an inexpensive metal geared servo from Value Hobby. It seems to be a good replacement for us. It has metal gears, it's a little slower, they fit the Traxxas servo saver and are cheap. The Traxxas servos are pricey for the quality. Our drivers don't need a really quick servo.
JC3 likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 04:37 PM
JC3
Tech Master

18 beautiful grams of indestructible spur.

Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:21 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Default Traxxas Servos

The 4-Tec Class continued at the Hadley JH RC Club yesterday. First we installed rear camber links. None of the ones we bought came with them. I went to Hobbytown in St Charles, IL, Saturday and looked the new one they had on display and it had rear camber links. Hopefully, this will prevent rear dog bones from popping out. We did not break any parts, but one front dog bone came out. It may have come out before yesterday. But, three Traxxas servos bit the dust. Two were stock servos. I asked one of volunteer adults to install a cheap metal gear replacement from Value Hobby. The adult volunteer is a very experience high level drive. When he replaced it he felt the nut holding the servo saver together was extremely tight and could've contributed to the failure. One other failed and the student racer had a little problem and needed help. The third failure was funny. At the last race his stock servo failed and I gave him one of cheap servos, but it was used. He felt that It was too strong and took it out and installed another plastic geared Traxxas servo. You can guess what happened. It didn't last long. The traxxas servos seem to last in other applications, but not in the 4-Tec.

Old 03-11-2019, 05:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Under racing conditions I’m not too suprised the servos aren’t holding up. No problem with mine, but it’s not had the same use. Think the number of turns per lap, then per race, and so on. Could run a Stampede/Slash/Rustler for years and never turn that much.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:09 AM
MD
Tech Champion

On the 17th the Hadley RC Club held its next to last race of the school year and the 4-Tec class continues to roll. We had no broken parts. We had one front dog bone that popped out. I suggested an "o" ring in the out drive. We also had one motor failure. These motors are not maintained properly even though we have talked about how to do that. I think the the carpet fuzz kills them. Next year if we have the money we will purchase front cvd's for them and that could help the doggone problem. The front of the bodies are beaten up, but we spend less time on repairs compared to the touring cars. Some of the new members in the club are hoping we have enough money to purchase 4-Tec's for them next year through our buying program. We have a raffle to raise money to fund the club during our final race, which is a three day event during the first weekend in April.
JC3 likes this.
Old 04-07-2019, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Anyone use this against other touring cars? Like in 17.5 or higher blinky racing?
Old 04-08-2019, 11:48 AM
JC3
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justin805
Anyone use this against other touring cars? Like in 17.5 or higher blinky racing?
It's been tried but the cars are simply too heavy.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM
MD
Tech Champion

The Hadley JH RC Club concluded its racing season for this school year this past weekend with a three day race and raffle. The Stock Touring Class went well with three 4-Tec drivers. Two of our 4-Tec drivers were absent. The top 4-Tec driver going into the race who also had the most problems with front dog bones determine that the screws in the font "C" hubs were loose or falling out and this caused the dog bones to pop out. He put a little epoxy on the screws and put them back in. They lasted until the main when a "C' hub or steering knuckle broke. This same driver will end up as over all champion for the entire season. I've included a picture of the kids in the Student Touring Class. The top two drivers drove 4-Tecs. I also included a picture of one of the medals provided by MX trophies. Eventually we will have some videos on Youtube. This years new racers are excited for next year because they will be eligible to get 4-Tecs through our buying program. My confusion is that the 4-Tec is a great car for new drivers and would make a great spec class racer. I don't think any touring cars in the same price range will take the beating like the 4-Tec. We did not have to replace any parts until the last race. The main issues were servos and dog bones popping out.
MikaR likes this.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:24 PM
JC3
Tech Master

Fantastic work! What you are doing is vital for the hobby.
Old 04-12-2019, 03:51 PM
MD
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by JC3
Fantastic work! What you are doing is vital for the hobby.

Thanks for your kind words. I wish the major manufacturers got involved at the local and in the schools. But, it's difficult to get them to make donations to our raffle even though we are a school club. I don't think they take time to think about building future customers. They treat us like every other club in the United States. When in reality, there is no other club like ours.
JC3 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.