Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Will 21.5 Brushless be the new stock?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Racermac73
Could always make big races a sealed endbell, fixed timing, handout motor.. stock wouldn't be as out of control if the big name, sponsors, manufacturers, and money weren't so heavily involved
Great idea. Can always rotate through the manufacturers too, like ETS does. How many classes does ETS run?...
Old 12-06-2016, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Stabbing eyes and ears out now.

Still will rather run mod blind and deaf...

And not ever think "it's too fast please slow it down for me." Cause I need an excuse not to suck and feel better about myself.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

10 pages

Last edited by dawgmeat; 12-08-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Could always consider making the cars, tires, and drivers better to handle the speed. Just a thought
RP I now need a Gen 3 6.5 to run in MOD. looks like I'm bypassing 13.5. pretty sure my Gen 2 offroad 6.5's won't cut it. Hell I won't cut it either; but I'll be the guy up on the stand with that big ole holyZhit grin on his face and eyes bugeyed in the C or D main having some fun.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lol....

And we ruin another chance to be happy

Largest class at almost any US event?... 17.5 TC

USGT carries 50 plus at some events.

Why not screw with it so we lose racers and delute the two classes that are doing fine to add two very tried and failed classes like 21.5 and 25.5 TC.

You want slow... Go fly a kite. We have classes that are booming now... You few whining squeeky wheels get off your soapbox and get to the track and race. It's a shame that we as racers... Hummm on-road racers complain ourselves out of great racing. We are our own worst enemy.

It's BS... and we all know it.

Just my opinion

BTW

THUNDER JAM IX IS COMING JAN 21,2017
Old 12-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Lol....

Why not screw with it so we lose racers and delute the two classes that are doing fine to add two very tried and failed classes like 21.5 and 25.5 TC.

You want slow... Go fly a kite. We have classes that are booming now... You few whining squeeky wheels get off your soapbox and get to the track and race. It's a shame that we as racers... Hummm on-road racers complain ourselves out of great racing. We are our own worst enemy.

Just my opinion

BTW

Yea I think snowbirds missed a great opertunity with just running ;
Usvta
Usgt
Stock
Mod. Boom
Now some that was going to run usgt are now going to gear up and run 21.5tc instead .thus thinning out the usgt which sucks I like running large classes at manageable speeds ...
How about we all just don't run 21.5tc and 25.5tc at snowbirds and prove to them to quit diluting down tc classes .
So if you want to run 21.5 speeds RUN USGT ... AND IF YOU WANT TO RUN AMATEUR 25.5 TAKE YOUR USVTA CAR TO TECH!!
Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Lol....

Just my opinion

BTW

I was all ready to get some good VTA advice for the Birds from you, I still think/ agree that USVTA, USGT, 17.5 TC, and Open Mod is a really good mix for TC.
Old 12-06-2016, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avink007
Great idea. Can always rotate through the manufacturers too, like ETS does. How many classes does ETS run?...
ETS run 3 classes:

Mod - Any motor/batter etc... as long as it's commercially available
13.5 blinky with handout motors and ESC's and a set FDR
F1 chassis - not sure of the rules

All have set tyres and some basic rules regarding weight etc...
Old 12-07-2016, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

For some comparison, This year at TCS nationals 17.5 gt2 class the fastest lap for a modified slower layout of Tamiya America is 13.8 lap. During practice, top 5 guys in gt2 can do around 13.5 to 13.7 second lap on normal track layout. Mind you this is with the poor B3 tires. This is less than 0.5 second slower than a competitive 10T mod cars in the brushed era. 13.5 blinky GT1 cars can hit high 12 seconds on that track which is matching the old mod 10T motor cars can do on Sorex tires. So yes the cars definitely got faster over the years with brushless power.

But since USGT and VTA are already in place, why not suggest these classes for beginners? By the way the competitiveness of any class is only determined by the skill of drivers in that class. You certainly can have a bunch of sponsored driver in VTA and making it impossible for new drivers to make A main in that class. I feel it is a good rc etiquette for people with better skill to move up a speed level so the class can be fun for the less experienced.

As for some reason people stay in 17.5 in America I think also has to do with part cost. It is harder to break a car in 17.5 than in mod if you make a mistake. And parts wear much faster in faster classes. And most competitive drivers here drive off road.

And please do not try to create more classes, it just dilutes the hobby.
Old 12-07-2016, 01:16 AM
sbd
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
ETS run 3 classes:

Mod - Any motor/batter etc... as long as it's commercially available
13.5 blinky with handout motors and ESC's and a set FDR
F1 chassis - not sure of the rules

All have set tyres and some basic rules regarding weight etc...
F1 - 21,5 handout motor and prescribed zeroboost ESC for the season which could be rented or bought from the organizer for good price. Handout tires. Kingpin front suspension and minimum weight 1050 g.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

21.5 on TC tires is too slow, you can throttle peg it most of the time. It requires tires with less grip (ie USGT). I suggested USGT became the "Stock TC" class last year but was shot down. I could even see it go further and say 17.5 with the Gravity tires as Stock, then perhaps 13.5 with normal tires would become the Superstock class, which would more closely align us with Europe.

Ultimately, two TC classes with 21.5 is a mistake IMO.
Old 12-07-2016, 05:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
21.5T Tc or slower is really needed. The current crop of "fall 2016" 17.5 motors make cars the same speed as 13.5. It's just silly..
This is a great change to see...

The only thing that could be better would be either 1) cut-offs on motor certs 2) stricter motor rules with less loop holes...

Thanks for the reply but for me I think the issue seems to be 17.5 is getting to fast for sponsored stock racers so I feel upper echelon of pro stock drivers will eventually trickle down to 21.5 which was class designed for armatures
Old 12-07-2016, 05:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by hanulec
The only thing that could be better would be either 1) cut-offs on motor certs 2) stricter motor rules with less loop holes...
Absolutely agree, I've been saying that forever. It used to be that way but the motor manufactures complained. They had their reasons, some valid some not so much. A compromise would have been better than the current situation. A price cap would be good too.
Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KE4PJO
Absolutely agree, I've been saying that forever. It used to be that way but the motor manufactures complained. They had their reasons, some valid some not so much. A compromise would have been better than the current situation. A price cap would be good too.
There is a price cap at but it don't work unfortunately.
I have no clue why they changed the approval windows to open all yr ,o that's right ,so manufacturers sell more motors and roar gets more approvals submitted .
Should have just had one window like in August or September then those motors were the hotness for 1 yr
Old 12-07-2016, 06:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Um, excuse me, but when did 17.5 touring car become too fast?

Here's a better question who's fault is it that 17.5 became too fast?

And why are we sacrificing USGT to solve this?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.