Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree470Likes

Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up Bittydesign 1/10 TC 190mm bodyshells!

http://www.bittydesign.net/en/articl...mm-body-shells

Howdy fellow on-road peeps. My favorite bodies have gotten even better; Bittydesign upgraded their line of TC bodies to be even lighter than before, and from what I hear keeping similar rigidity so they aren't flimsy like other light weight bodies. Can't wait to try them out!
JatoTheRipper likes this.
Old 11-23-2016, 05:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 315 (100%+)

Thats all I use! The MC10 is the goto shell locally for Stock and Sportsman.
Old 11-24-2016, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WesRaven
http://www.bittydesign.net/en/articl...mm-body-shells

Howdy fellow on-road peeps. My favorite bodies have gotten even better; Bittydesign upgraded their line of TC bodies to be even lighter than before, and from what I hear keeping similar rigidity so they aren't flimsy like other light weight bodies. Can't wait to try them out!
Thank you Wes for your appreciation to our products, we're happy to see that you not miss our annoucement about our line of touring bodies for electric division.

We are racers first of all and we listen to the people and customers at the track, this is why we worked hard in the past months with testing and continuous research of improving our products, we are very pround to offer now our Striker 3.0, Narḍ, M15 and ASCARI bodies with a COMPLETE new level respect the past.
It's a very New Era, a new point of start.

Basically the 4 main points of the promo image can be recap as below:

➀ >> Brand new material and supplier, now the bodies are thermoformed MUCH better than the past

➁ >> Thanks to a better homogeneity of the polycarbonate the bodies now they perform MUCH better than before

➂ >> Thanks to the experience of the new supplier now the weight of the bodies is about -14% than the past, a HUGE step ahead that makes now our TC bodies the lighter on the market!

➃ >> MUCH more quality and performance, LOWER price! Visit our website here to know pricing

To all the enthusiast in the forum interested to the bodies, feel free to ask us everything, we're here to give you all the informations and assist you at best.

Old 11-24-2016, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is there a part number change to distinguish the newer versions?
Old 11-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

which one would be the best replacement for PF ltc-r?
Old 11-24-2016, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Do you have a handling chart so i can see what type of performence the body gives? Also, wich body can replace PF LTC-r?

Thanks// www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Old 11-24-2016, 11:48 PM
Tech Regular

@gigaplex: the "updated" body shells will not have a new part number but to recognize them will be very easy because when you unpack the product you will immediately see the difference, we improved all the details of the bodies (better windows border lines, better window mask, new lighter material of the lights/air grill decal sheet, new placement lines on the front tyre area to help driver to install the body more forward or backward respect the centre line and also we added a Bittydesign logo on the back of the bodies, the old bodies the logo was missing).

For those who ask what body can replace the popular ltcr: it mean that you want a body with a lot of steering, in this case we can recommend to try/use our Striker 3.0 body, we DOMINATED all the recent and major races in Italy (we also take the Italian Indoor Nats. title), the body demonstrated all his speed on both carpet and tarmac surfaces with high grip, a LOT of drivers that always used ltcr they were all surprised after they switched to Striker 3.0, they were speechless, this body can make the difference.
Old 11-25-2016, 12:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bittydesign
@gigaplex: the "updated" body shells will not have a new part number but to recognize them will be very easy because when you unpack the product you will immediately see the difference, we improved all the details of the bodies (better windows border lines, better window mask, new lighter material of the lights/air grill decal sheet, new placement lines on the front tyre area to help driver to install the body more forward or backward respect the centre line and also we added a Bittydesign logo on the back of the bodies, the old bodies the logo was missing).
So basically I'll only be able to tell after I've already had it delivered to me, rather than allowing me to specify the newer one when ordering online.
Old 11-25-2016, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

How much ligther is the new Bittydesign Striker compared to the old Striker?
Thanks//
Old 11-25-2016, 03:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gigaplex
So basically I'll only be able to tell after I've already had it delivered to me, rather than allowing me to specify the newer one when ordering online.
Gigaplex today (Black Friday) we're running a special promotion (one time crazy offer, will be not repeated) on the "updated" TC clear shells, have a look here, nice day to visit and order through our website.
If you order from your preferred online store, ask the owner if he see the Bittydesign logo thermoformed on the back of the body, if yes it mean he's already selling the new bodies.

Andy consider that ALL the bodies are now really lightweight, before they were the heaviest, now is the opposite and with the experience of the new supplier they are the lightest also compared to other brands. You asked about the Striker, old was about 94-95gr (all white painted) and 98-102gr with custom painting, the new version is about 82gr all white and 86gr with custom paintwork. HUGE improvment for the performance.
Old 11-25-2016, 03:32 AM
Tech Adept

is the promo valid for painted bodies?
Old 11-25-2016, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

I was trying to get one Narḍ and and a free Ascari but can't do it that way
Low grip asphalt and carpet, for 13.5 motors which would be the best?
Old 11-25-2016, 04:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by atomic garden
is the promo valid for painted bodies?
Atomic No, only on CLEAR bodies as wrote in the point 2 of the promo.

30Tooth for 13.5 low grip surface we recommend to use our M15 model (the easier to drive) or the Narḍ if you want more steering. On low grip track the ASCARI is not the right choice, this body need very high grip.
Old 11-25-2016, 04:24 AM
Tech Elite

Shame about the Ascari, the looks are tip top!
Old 12-05-2016, 08:08 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

My local supplier brought in a Nardo and M15 for me to test. At my local track (very technical layout on medium grip grey ozite), i tried both bodies on my 17.5 touring stock car. The M15 was very easy to drive, and very consistent. I put in a good run, although my fast lap was 0.2s off of the pace with my previous body. The consistency made up for the lack of speed. I then tried the Nardo. It definitely had more steering, but it wasn't hyperactive or overly sensitive to steering inputs. The rear was a tad free, but very easy to control. The car was very close to grip rolling with this body compared to the m15. I figured this would be a good mod body.
I then tried it on my mod car and was instantly impressed by how well it worked. Running modified touring on our small tight layout is difficult, but the nardo allowed me to run 5 minutes without even a board tick.
This past weekend, i took the bodies to the 4th leg of the WCICS series in Edmonton. The event was run on black crc ft2 carpet. I brought 9 different bodies with me to try. I ended up coming back to the Nardo for all of my runs in mod. It had the perfect amount of steering and rotation while still being forgiving. Blitz gsf wanted to get loose on throttle, ltc2 would lose rear traction a bit more suddenly in tighter corners (not to mention the ltc2.0 was WAY more prone to cracking). Blitz wrx gave me grip roll issues.
I was not able to run the M15 at this event. Some bumps on the track meant that the bodies had to be mounted a bit higher than usual, and i wasn't able to mount the m15 high enough due to bit having high enough body posts. The m15 requires VERY long front body posts due to the hood being very long and high at the front.
Biggest downside to the Bittydesign bodies is their weighg. They are very heavy compared to other manufacturer's lightweight bodies. It looks like this has been rectified with the new material supplier, but it may take some time before the old heavy bodies get through the system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.