Search
Like Tree62Likes

Let's talk modified 1/12

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 06:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cookie1
I agree stock should change to gt rules
I thought I had already read the dumbest thing on the Internet today..

Looks like I was wrong.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Tech Champion

If you want to run scale bodies run USGT or F1, leave 1/12th alone. There's already other classes for stuff like that.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DesertRat
If people complain about "ugly wedge bodies" just remind them that 1/12 scales have never been scale or pretty, and have always been less a car than a little carbon fiber/fiberglass/aluminum 'device' with what looks like an oversize slot car body meant to set fast lap times.
And people complain why only 5-10 guys in the world run 1/12 scale modified.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Eivind E
OK soooo.. I just read a post on the facebook about the recent EFRA AGM
And apparently it says "modified" for 1/12 is now 6.5T motor and blinky..
And according to them, 1/12 in the rest of the world, will run 2S batts?

Have I misunderstood this?
2s lipo's was proposed at EFRA, but defeated, but mod will indeed be 6.5 blinky.

None of that makes any difference to the rest of the world. It's up to the other regional associations to sort their own rules, though they may come to effect any IFMAR proposals next year etc.
Old 11-09-2016, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

All I know is since I started running 6.5 blinky mod I haven't had this much fun in a long time!

I think 17.5 and 13.5 spec is ok but man it gets extremely boring at times.

In 6.5 I have to plan where to blink - if the track is long enough. Otherwise I stock up on Visine!
Old 11-28-2016, 10:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

So now that The Champs is in the books, what were everybody's thoughts on open blinky?
Old 11-29-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.liverc.com/news/announcem...F_%5BVIDEO%5D/

2S is a bad idea....
Old 11-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fenton06
So now that The Champs is in the books, what were everybody's thoughts on open blinky?
the racers that actually run mod seemed to prefer it. The cars were a touch slower than boosted, Blinky meant gearing and motor timing resulted in a little less immediate rip out of the corner than boosted, and overall the speeds were a lot closer than 6.5 was at iic.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
Yes. It is also unnecessary.

It's interesting that this is the first article I've seen that explicitly states "The battery change allegedly stems from pressure on behalf of electronics companies having to internally boost power supplied to steering servos when powered by a 1S (3.7-volt) battery pack." But there is an error in that statement; it's not "companies", plural, it's "company", singular. It's definitely not what most racers want.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by howardcano
Yes. It is also unnecessary.

It's interesting that this is the first article I've seen that explicitly states "The battery change allegedly stems from pressure on behalf of electronics companies having to internally boost power supplied to steering servos when powered by a 1S (3.7-volt) battery pack." But there is an error in that statement; it's not "companies", plural, it's "company", singular. It's definitely not what most racers want.
EFRA rejected the proposal at their AGM and voted to stay 1S. The proposal was raised by LRP.

http://news.efra.ws/fileadmin/news/2...20FNL%20v2.pdf

I can't find the IFMAR AGM minutes but I believe ROAR voted against the proposal then whilst the other 3 blocs voted for 2S. However the EFRA AGM happened after IFMAR when normally it happens before... Now that EFRA have rejected at their own AGM I think we might be able to expect that 1/12th will stay 1S at the next worlds.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr01
EFRA rejected the proposal at their AGM and voted to stay 1S. The proposal was raised by LRP.

I can't find the IFMAR AGM minutes but I believe ROAR voted against the proposal then whilst the other 3 blocs voted for 2S. However the EFRA AGM happened after IFMAR when normally it happens before... Now that EFRA have rejected at their own AGM I think we might be able to expect that 1/12th will stay 1S at the next worlds.
ROAR definitely voted against 2s, and I believe you are also correct on all other details.
Old 11-29-2016, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr01

At the IFMAR Electric meeting (held at the nitro off road worlds... umm) ROAR voted 2S down. EFRA and FAMAR voted for (the meeting was held before the EFRA agm, so EFRA basically acted without mandate from their racers)... and FEMCA didn't vote as they weren't present due to a mix up with flights.
And rather than postpone the meeting, IFMAR carried on and just ran the meeting with only three out of the four blocs present...
Old 11-29-2016, 04:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

I watched a video on facebook, the car gets so fast that it flies, literally ...
I really do not understand what IFMAR's goal, with the new rules being created in recent times, is becoming more expensive for drivers and increasingly difficult for the lanes to be able to hold the events...

Last edited by rasta_man; 12-07-2016 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-29-2016, 04:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Pilots might be the right term. Or maybe ass-tronauts
Old 11-29-2016, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TryHard
At the IFMAR Electric meeting (held at the nitro off road worlds... umm) ROAR voted 2S down. EFRA and FAMAR voted for (the meeting was held before the EFRA agm, so EFRA basically acted without mandate from their racers)... and FEMCA didn't vote as they weren't present due to a mix up with flights.
And rather than postpone the meeting, IFMAR carried on and just ran the meeting with only three out of the four blocs present...
Well that explains it because personally I couldn't see FEMCA voting for 2S.

Even though only 3 of 4 blocs were present I think IFMAR is still obliged to hold the meeting. However you think given it was only a flight mix up they could have reconvened once everybody was present.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.