Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default mamba to the max baby!

Originally Posted by PaZ
haha i like i like, mamba system naaa im saving up for a novak 3.5R i need to make some new drift tyres before i go out i killed the yoko's oh thats another thing i managed to kill
The novak is ok. I've got one of the older ones and the 3.5 looks nice. But the mamba kicks a$$. Totally computer tweakable and the 7700 has more power than I'd feel safe using even on carpet with foams! One of the locals here clocked his car with it at over 100kph, and he ran out of track.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ljohnson
You should have enough steering with that setup to break loose. I ran blue springs and no sway bar in the front, yellow springs and sway bar in the rear.

Try tapping the break as you turn. Throttle something like - on, break, full, control for drift. The timing of the steering and throttle changes will take some practice. Also, with that car, you may get more steering before full lock that at full lock.

well, I tried that too...go fast, brake, turn, throttle...nope just keeps sliding straight. Slows down, then decides"hey, I think I'll drift now"

I guess I'll just get a harder rear spring or sway...see what it does.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Aluma
well, I tried that too...go fast, brake, turn, throttle...nope just keeps sliding straight. Slows down, then decides"hey, I think I'll drift now"

I guess I'll just get a harder rear spring or sway...see what it does.
thats the best thing to do, a set-up that works for me may not work for you, the best thing to do is find a good set-up, dont worry about the perfect setup, just get a good one. then focus on your driving,
Old 08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

driving has never been a problem. After drifting around a parking lot for a while, I lent my car to some guys that wanted to try it out...all donuts and switch back slides...they were kinda disappointed cuz they couldnt get it to drift.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:38 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

whats the drift thread doin on page 5! and dudeat, no i havent cooked heavly modified fried or cooked anything in the last week appart from my wallet on mobile credit
Old 08-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

well i finally got another battery pack and well...im back in hahaha

but i still, without a doubt need a complete rebuild...put a new wing on my r34 basher...im loving it haha

ohh yea i built a new motor from my scraps and it came out awsome
Old 08-20-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

just thought id add my car in here as i am a MAJOR drift fan, i find Forza motor sport helps ease my addiction lol

This is my spare car my TL01, im awaiting new radio gear for it as i used it all for my TT01 but before i stripped it out i had a fair but of fun drifting.

The car will be stock (msc stock silver can etc) just fully ball raced with abs tyres!!!

i used tape before i got ABS, but this worked for around 5-9 mins of a run then the tape melted onto the tyre and bacame so rough they gripped!!

Any way hears a pic of my drifter with a mashed subaru shell and my new un-used TT01 with nissan 350z shell hidding behind

(what do you think of the home made centre exit oval race pipe,lol looks ok to me)
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-dsc00037.jpg   The Drift Thread-dsc00025.jpg   The Drift Thread-dsc00029.jpg  
Old 08-20-2006, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

im not sure about forza since i never tried it, but i use the gt pro steering wheel and drift with that on gran turismo3 and gran turismo4

i love drifting safe in a 3 dimensonal world that contains all real life physics and features
Old 08-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Tech Regular

I have Forza and a madcats universal racing wheel. I suck ar driving with the wheel and i'm ok with a controller.
Old 08-21-2006, 03:33 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

i have the mad catz steering wheel lol and i struggle to control a perfect dift, your right the controller is much easier and more persice!!!

anyone play online???

my name is kingcreamsoda
or creamsoda360

add me to your freinds list and we can drift together and talk about RC drifting!!!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

ok i had an old GBA light thing lying around and had a thought

why not make a set of lights for my Tl01 drifter and subaru shell,

The finish is well..........CR*P but when the lights are on they look so real, because the lights are square and have a silver case behind like a real headlight.

the case was cut using kitchen scissors and a screwdriver to make the holes

but what do you guys think
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-dsc00042.jpg  
Old 08-21-2006, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Haha that is so cool.
Old 08-21-2006, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys, I just got some WICKED wheels! Kawada 31mm DDEEEEPPPP dish split 5 wheels(VINTAGE for porshe TA02) Anybody know who can sell me some ABS wheels in a 31mm width?

I think there are two more sets available in the shop in case anyone is interested. There's 1 front set(not deep dish) and like 4 sets of deep dish.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:52 PM
Tech Regular

im back!
after quiting halo2
and the computer/myspace thing

so now i spend my time doing better things
like going with the lady to places (shes get more attention the the xbxo did!)
and play my new Xbox 360
and its awesome

"i used tape before i got ABS, but this worked for around 5-9 mins of a run then the tape melted onto the tyre and bacame so rough they gripped!!"

yeah that happened to me all the time

and i kept on having problems with the car this summer, over heating issues
(when smoked comes out ur car its bad)
so i went and got some deans plugs. and im gona sader them on tonight or tommrow.

lets get some PAZ destruction. i wana hear whats happend to the TC3 here lately.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by creamsodauk
i have the mad catz steering wheel lol and i struggle to control a perfect dift, your right the controller is much easier and more persice!!!

anyone play online???

my name is kingcreamsoda
or creamsoda360

add me to your freinds list and we can drift together and talk about RC drifting!!!

yeah if u have PRG3, or any 360 gmae for that matter
im SPark Knock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.