The Drift Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

could does hoses be found on the radiater?
Old 01-31-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Lol... yeah. taking the tire off, and doing the ring is better. But getting it on and off is a chore. I rate those tires though. Niiice.

Incidentally, has anyone tried the tamiya drift spec tires? Are they plastic or rubber?

Pit Shimizu's and the yoke rubbers are rubbish.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by AngryAsian
Lol... yeah. taking the tire off, and doing the ring is better. But getting it on and off is a chore. I rate those tires though. Niiice.

Incidentally, has anyone tried the tamiya drift spec tires? Are they plastic or rubber?

Pit Shimizu's and the yoke rubbers are rubbish.

i think the tamiya drift tires are rubber because i remember looking at the drift kit box and said special hard rubber with the two sides different compounds so yea i think it is rubber

but i do know i want to try them out
Old 02-01-2006, 09:40 AM
Tech Regular

Team Orion is coming out with a "Drift Machine" motor

they have Stage 1 and 2 for Plastic or rubber tires

i wonder if they are as good as a 19 or good 27
Old 02-01-2006, 11:51 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

ive just sprayed me apex shell just waiting for it to dry so i can finish it should have pics up soon
Old 02-01-2006, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

yay! post number 200!

sweet paz

what color?

i going to do mine (a rx-7 hpi, when i get it) black with 2 dark purpleish blue racing stripes down the middle

antony what shell is that in ur avatar?
Old 02-01-2006, 02:02 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

DONE IT! this was THE hardest shell to decal up the red bits at the back are in 6 pieces and impossible to get together but i did it cant wait to try it out tomoz
Attached Thumbnails The Drift Thread-apex-1.jpg   The Drift Thread-apex-2.jpg   The Drift Thread-apex-3.jpg   The Drift Thread-apex-4.jpg  
Old 02-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thedudeaturdoor
yay! post number 200!

sweet paz

what color?

i going to do mine (a rx-7 hpi, when i get it) black with 2 dark purpleish blue racing stripes down the middle

antony what shell is that in ur avatar?
oh that was my rtr stratus shell
Old 02-03-2006, 02:33 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

ran me drift TC3 today on our carpet track with the 9x3 in annnnd it was utter maddness it was constantly spinning the foams appart from the end of the straight when it got moving then i ran it out in the car park and weeeeeeeeeeeeeee man it drifts so well even with foams on i didnt even have to steer to make it go sidewayz but thats the way i likez itz
Old 02-05-2006, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

im about to try out my new home made chassis stifferener on the rear and see how my car (xxx-s) handles now...hope it goes well...and oh yea thedudeaturdoor

ill most defently tell you since your the only other person i klnow who drifts a xxx-s

im pretty much done with my tc3 (perfected) unless i gona change some hop ups or a new power source
Old 02-06-2006, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

yay!

xxx-s are the shizznat, if u reck it its cheap to fix, sealed drivetrain, and its can handle a BL, and a buch of other stuff

i cant wait till spring break,

im going to see my dad in Arizona, and hes gona get me tha jammin buggy, and just for the hell of it im gona put some ABS's on it
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

alright went for the last two nights and BAM i got this rtr xxx-s dialed out for drifting...well sort of and well it just needs one more tune up on the wieght ratio...but other than that i am surprised how fast i got this thing up...

thedudeaturdoor...do you run the rtr or the graphite???

also ill get some pics of my stiffener mod for the rear but ill only use it if your running the rtr xxx-s chassis and shock tower...i made like a cross strut tower and well im happy that i made it because just looking at it make me feel like a killer on the turns

dont worry henry and paz...i wont retire up my dorifto tc3 because i just have too much pride on it...LOL
Old 02-07-2006, 03:25 AM
PaZ
Tech Master

YAY! lol good to see you keepin ya TC3 for drifting im going for a drift tomorrow im gonna try foams i ran the 9 turn with foams after racing on friday and dam it was awsome im gonna try and get some picks of the car gettin sidewayz and hope i dont scratch my new shell
Old 02-07-2006, 01:23 PM
PaZ
Tech Master

hmmmmm just went out an ran the TC3 which was a baaaaaaaaad idea we had light drizel which made the tarmac really slippy but i still went ahead the car was spinning on half throttle with on-road rubbers on it was that bad but i still went on for a high speed run the back end stepped out just as it hit top speed span round 3 or 4 times no control at all front end clipped the ramp to the pavement took off landed upside down ripped the muffler kit off through the shell rear wing dug in flipped it over onto its side and slid to a stop got home checked the car over i destroyed the heatsink with fan snapped 3 fins off the fan not sure how ripped the left rear tyre off the rim and scratched me new shell up so its back to the 19 then
Old 02-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by PaZ
hmmmmm just went out an ran the TC3 which was a baaaaaaaaad idea we had light drizel which made the tarmac really slippy but i still went ahead the car was spinning on half throttle with on-road rubbers on it was that bad but i still went on for a high speed run the back end stepped out just as it hit top speed span round 3 or 4 times no control at all front end clipped the ramp to the pavement took off landed upside down ripped the muffler kit off through the shell rear wing dug in flipped it over onto its side and slid to a stop got home checked the car over i destroyed the heatsink with fan snapped 3 fins off the fan not sure how ripped the left rear tyre off the rim and scratched me new shell up so its back to the 19 then

dang that sucks... you alright man

well yea let this be our remender for safty first ..unless you have skillz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.