The Drift Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Drift Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Tech Initiate

Does anyone know the best way to put on sushi drift tires. I bought some off ebay after hearing they are great but am having a lot of trouble getting them on my rims
Old 05-21-2012, 10:13 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by RCnoobster
Does anyone know the best way to put on sushi drift tires. I bought some off ebay after hearing they are great but am having a lot of trouble getting them on my rims
If they are anything like the HPI T-Drift, bring some water to a boil, toss the tire in for 45sec-1min and, without burning yourself and being super quick, you can pop them on the wheel and massage them on. I've done 6 sets now of the T-Drift and you have to be ninja-quick.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Still looking for drifters in the Phoenix, AZ area. If thats you PM me. Trying to get an event going atmy local hobby shop. Need a few more racers though...
Old 05-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
If they are anything like the HPI T-Drift, bring some water to a boil, toss the tire in for 45sec-1min and, without burning yourself and being super quick, you can pop them on the wheel and massage them on. I've done 6 sets now of the T-Drift and you have to be ninja-quick.
Sushi tires are made out of ABS with rounded edges. Boiling water doesn't affect them, I have tried leaving them in for different periods of time.
Old 05-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Sushi tires are made out of ABS with rounded edges. Boiling water doesn't affect them, I have tried leaving them in for different periods of time.
just need to muscle them on man.
Old 05-28-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by savtraxx
where can i find some setup tips for drifting
got a mi1 chassis
http://www.drccentral.com/old/rc-drift-setup.html
Old 05-29-2012, 12:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Chicagoland drifters

Anyone in the Chicago area looking to drift let me know. Iam starting a drift club outside of chicago to shoot vids and just practice with. If your in Chicago theres already a good size club reply for details and check out my YouTube page at Midwest drifterz
Old 05-31-2012, 03:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I am new to the hobby and i have been searching but it seems there are to many threads to cover. I am looking to get into drifting. First off ive never assembled a rc before so i was looking at pre-assembled or RTR. I dont want to spend a ton because i just got a AE b4.1 from a buddy. I will be racing the buggy the drifter is for side fun between racing days. I have been looking at cheaper cars like the teh-r31, sakura zero, tamiya tt01 etc. Any suggestions? Ive looked at the HPI stuff too but everyone keeps telling me that the exceed drift king is decent for the price..and then some threas i read say its junk and because it has all metal gears they will wear faster while others say the tamiya tt01 is crap because the gears in the diffs burn out because there plastic. Please help ive been researching this for days. Id prefer a roller so i can see how it went together. Im not opposed to building but everyone i know personally has told me even on good kits parts are missing. I know some of the cars im looking at are china made stuff so i figure the odds for missing parts right out of the box is greater.
Old 05-31-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I'm a fan of the TT01 or TB03 VDS, I ran a TT01 with a 7.5 turn brushless on ABS tyres without any problems for over a year. A must do is fit metal bearings to the car before any other upgrade. The TB03 mentioned is more expensive and a kit but still worth a look to fill in the work day.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Depending on the wheels; couldn't you go the other way? Drop the wheels in hot water? Not necessarily to expand them but to make the plastic playable?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by magoo_lc1
I am new to the hobby and i have been searching but it seems there are to many threads to cover. I am looking to get into drifting. First off ive never assembled a rc before so i was looking at pre-assembled or RTR. I dont want to spend a ton because i just got a AE b4.1 from a buddy. I will be racing the buggy the drifter is for side fun between racing days. I have been looking at cheaper cars like the teh-r31, sakura zero, tamiya tt01 etc. Any suggestions? Ive looked at the HPI stuff too but everyone keeps telling me that the exceed drift king is decent for the price..and then some threas i read say its junk and because it has all metal gears they will wear faster while others say the tamiya tt01 is crap because the gears in the diffs burn out because there plastic. Please help ive been researching this for days. Id prefer a roller so i can see how it went together. Im not opposed to building but everyone i know personally has told me even on good kits parts are missing. I know some of the cars im looking at are china made stuff so i figure the odds for missing parts right out of the box is greater.

I've been running a TT01 for about 3 years or so, at the moment it has the Eagle racing chassis on it. Allways found it a great car to drift with, and not much breaks or goes wrong with it. As allready mentioned get the metal wheel bearings, aluminium steering bits and its all good. When you want to upgrade you can go to the eagle chassis and change position of the motor.
Lock the rear diff in the TT01, i used a hot glue gun for ease of removal if i ever wanted to, and its fantastic

TB03 is also a great car to drift with (as allready mentioned) also have one of these , not the vdf version, have also changed to eagle racing chassis, countersteered it etc.

Have also tried drifting using the sakura zero, i didnt really like it, i prefer a shaft drive drifter (personal preference)
Old 06-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Heres a drift video that we made a few years ago. This is our old track but we normally race with 6+ other cars. This was just some after racing entertainment.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by laNcE_08
Most drifters prefer having FOW 'in front' and Front Direct Coupling 'in the rear' in your TA-05 v2's case.

Having the FOW will make it easier to go around a clip.

Thanks for those helpful infos man. ^^
I want to hear more, especially in RC Drifting.
Old 06-07-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Got my Yokomo DIB-R all built yesterday with the upgrade package 1 & 2, cant wait to test it out, I will post pics tonight of the DIB and DRB.

Yokomo makes such good quality...
Old 06-07-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

My Yok's, just had to add my Goose in the pic too....LOL...I love these cars...

Still need to paint a couple of bodies..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.