Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 06:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm actually running from 7 to 8mm ride height which is a bit high. But whenever i slow down, the front of the body scrapes on the ground, plus the track is a bit rough. So...can i go lower?
Old 04-04-2006, 07:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mailboxck
great site kiononas!

I suggest you use a 55/25 combo. But a 55/26? Hmm...will it fit? Does tamiya make 26T pinions?

Here's the thing, when i used the stock gearing, I would run like a snail on the straights and literally would take my hand off the steering and wait til the car reached the end of the straight.
You can use the f201 52 spur and 27 pinion if you can get one. That's how they gear for silver cans. You need a good esc with a lot of punch though to get the thing to accelerate well.

You running silver can this sat? Theres a TRRS maybe we can run with them. I'll set up the ta05 or tb02 for silver can so we can go toe to toe on the track.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

I am currently using a 58/25 for the silver can. But changed to 58/24 for my sport tuned. Am still trying to get a better esc...got one for sale/spare rayman?

Am just trying to see what difference it makes for the top speed but will quickly change back to the silver can.

I really do want to join the TRRS, but the guys there are newbies so they just like to watch me do laps instead of joining me. Am also running sorex 36's or 40's that's why am so quick through the turns. When I used the tamiya stock slicks, the car was all over the place
Old 04-05-2006, 07:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default TT-01 Drifter?

Hi guys, I have a TT-01. Can i get some suggestions and hop ups I can get to make my TT-01 drift better? Is getting a 25T Motor good? Should i change the ESC? should i get One way front? How can i calibrate my TT-01 to make it drift well? Please advise. Thanks alot.

Melvin
Old 04-05-2006, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Melvin, here's the only trick in the book to make your car drift. Get a set of PVC tires. It would be best to use the stock set up, stock motor, esc...maybe just try to get the spur gear set if you think your car is too slow.

Also get the ball bearing set for obvious reasons and the aluminum prop shaft.

Happy driftinG!
Old 04-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will using aluminum trf shocks give a big performance improvement over the plastic CVA's?

My car weighs around 1.43kg with batts and all. How does this compare to a ta05 or a tb02?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:31 PM
tornado

Will using aluminum trf shocks give a big performance improvement over the plastic CVA's?

My car weighs around 1.43kg with batts and all. How does this compare to a ta05 or a tb02?
That is light dude......my 05 weighs 1.55kg geared w/o transponder.

Old 04-06-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Rookie

What to buy to make the plastic dogbones and drivecup metal?
Old 04-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

The universals for the ta04 fit the tt01. But that's kinda expensive. What I did was to "operate" on an older kit. Got its bevel gears, cups, dogbone and outdrives and transfered them to my kit.

It would be a bit expensive just to buy the dogbones, so if you've got a few friends who switched to universals, ask for their stock dogbones.
Old 04-12-2006, 04:13 AM
Tech Adept

Took my TT01 for a bit of practice over the weekend and for my second ever race meet last night. Was amazed how at much difference the new gearing and ball bearing made in terms of speed. Also highlighted how slippery the stock kit tires were as well.

I pulled the covers off after the practice and notice that the 52T spur sat a little loose on the driveshaft which was a little worrying. But a bit of home engineering made it all good again (wrapped paper around the driveshaft which the spur sat on to take up the free play). So far it has held up.

However the rest of the TT01 didn't survive that well. Noticed just before the final that the screws holding the rear diff cover in place were all loose. Did them up, but by the end of the final the diff cover had popped open (loosing one of the screws). Managed to finish the race, but found that the thread in the screw holes had all stripped. I suspect I screwed to hard when checking the gearing, and had a couple of hard knocks/crashes in the race which stripped the threads.

So want to check if anyone else has stripped threads in their TT01 screw holes and what I can do to fix (short of gluing the diff case shut permanently!)
Old 04-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, it does happen. I've seen some guys strip the screws. The only temporary solution i could think of is dabing a small amount of glue on to the holes and screw in the screw and let it dry.

To prevent this from happening, dont screw your screws in too quickly and too tightly. Just apply a good amount of pressure to secure it in place. What i do is to hold the screwdriver lightly and let it slip off my hands when the screws are in tight.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Dogbones

Originally Posted by speedemall
How do I get the dogbones to stop popping out at every slight bump the car takes?I put in rubber O-rings but only 2,1 on each side but it is slowing the drive a little
Your best bet would be to add a set of universals. That way you get to keep your camber adjustability. Just remember that you'll need to change the drive cups at the same time.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by koinonas
So want to check if anyone else has stripped threads in their TT01 screw holes and what I can do to fix (short of gluing the diff case shut permanently!)
Yep! I've had this happen a few times. My solution was to use a small plastic tie-wrap and cinch it up around the screw and the blister that it screws into. This will last quite a long time.
Old 04-13-2006, 01:05 AM
Tech Rookie

The universals for the ta04 fit the tt01. But that's kinda expensive. What I did was to "operate" on an older kit. Got its bevel gears, cups, dogbone and outdrives and transfered them to my kit.

It would be a bit expensive just to buy the dogbones, so if you've got a few friends who switched to universals, ask for their stock dogbones.
You metal dogbone is from the tao4? Can I buy that somewhere? The tt01 universals is very expensive. Are there any metal dogbones for the tt01?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yeah, it's pretty expensive especially when you're car is pretty cheap. I don't know the part numbers but try checking it on the tt01r manual over at the tamiya web site. It's also expensive getting the dogbones.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.