Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree54Likes

TT-01 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM
Tech Addict

Just curious, and I did search this thread to no avail, but what is the front toe angle when using the non-adjustable steering arms instead of the turnbuckles and ball cups?

Also, what is the camber angle when using the non-adjustable upper arms?
Old 11-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default 3Racing Roller Chassis with Electronics

If anyone is interested, checkout my for sale thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ification.html

It's pretty much setup for drift.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Tech Rookie

There is plastic bevel gear? Alu is too heavy. Any idea?
Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I finally got an email the other day from Active Hobby to say they had new stock of the "Counter Drift Unit" which allow for counter steer drifting, I just purchased one so should arrive early next week. I'll post my thoughts when it arrives. If anyone else is interested:

1.5 Version: http://active-online.ocnk.net/product/191

2.0 Version: http://active-online.ocnk.net/product/190
Old 11-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I finally got an email the other day from Active Hobby to say they had new stock of the "Counter Drift Unit" which allow for counter steer drifting, I just purchased one so should arrive early next week. I'll post my thoughts when it arrives. If anyone else is interested:

1.5 Version: http://active-online.ocnk.net/product/191

2.0 Version: http://active-online.ocnk.net/product/190
Old 11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

I have a TT-01R Type E. I want to add sway bars. How do I do that?

The sway bars say I need the Carbon Upper. But the Carbon Upper says it doesn't work with the Type E...

What do I do?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by .crispy
I have a TT-01R Type E. I want to add sway bars. How do I do that?

The sway bars say I need the Carbon Upper. But the Carbon Upper says it doesn't work with the Type E...

What do I do?
the tt01 was not designed for sway bars so you cant add them.. its entry level...you would have to customize if you want to add them....
Old 11-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rescue119
the tt01 was not designed for sway bars so you cant add them.. its entry level...you would have to customize if you want to add them....
Look at your manual , there are sway-bars for your car!

You need 2 front kits ( 1 for the front and 1 for the rear)
If you want to be sure check Tamiya's website.

You don't have to customise........
Old 11-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Starteur
Look at your manual , there are sway-bars for your car!

You need 2 front kits ( 1 for the front and 1 for the rear)
If you want to be sure check Tamiya's website.

You don't have to customise........
sry i was going by my tt01-e manual.... but i see it in the tt01r-e manual

only for the front as well

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm
Old 11-19-2012, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rescue119
sry i was going by my tt01-e manual.... but i see it in the tt01r-e manual

only for the front as well

http://www.tamiya.com/english/rc/manuals.htm

Look carefully you use the front kit for the rear.
Old 11-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Tech Addict

There is definitely something weird going on. The TT-01R Type E manual shows the sway bars being attached to the lower arms (using two front kits).

However the "kit" that is available from Tower shows different parts and matches up to the install method shown here:

http://media.photobucket.com/image/r...o/DSC01340.jpg

I have the Carbon Upper and the attachment points on the upper arms, so I think either method will work.

I'm guessing that the upper arm method was the original way and when they came out with the new TT-01R Type E they came up with a method of attaching sway bars to the lower arms since they already had added the new solid plastic brace up top.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm sure it's somewhere in the 140something pages here, and I have tried searching the thread and even going through page by page to find it - but can someone help me to know what I need and how I do the spur gear mod?

I am setting up a TT-01 for my son to race in VTA, and I need to get to a FDR of 3.9 or so - there is just no way to get close to that with TT-01 spurs/pinions, even if you can find them anywhere, and someone somewhere mentioned that there is an adapter or mod that will let you run other spur gears for more gearing options.

I'd prefer not to make permanent modifications, to the chassis, because I would also like to get the car back to TCS legal for the occasional TCS race.

I had hoped to have his car ready by this weekend, but it's not looking like I'm going to make it.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rctoyguy
I'm sure it's somewhere in the 140something pages here, and I have tried searching the thread and even going through page by page to find it - but can someone help me to know what I need and how I do the spur gear mod?

I am setting up a TT-01 for my son to race in VTA, and I need to get to a FDR of 3.9 or so - there is just no way to get close to that with TT-01 spurs/pinions, even if you can find them anywhere, and someone somewhere mentioned that there is an adapter or mod that will let you run other spur gears for more gearing options.

I'd prefer not to make permanent modifications, to the chassis, because I would also like to get the car back to TCS legal for the occasional TCS race.

I had hoped to have his car ready by this weekend, but it's not looking like I'm going to make it.
All you need is the blue aluminium spur gear adapter from the Tamiya FF-03, part number 54234. You will need to drill it to the size of the TT-01 shaft and a drill press really helps with getting the hole perfect. Check out the pictures I posted on RCTech.net and look for post #2076 in the TT-01 thread.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Thanks - it looks like my first step is to find that adapter. I had someone else mention running the adapter and then I think it was F201 spur/pinion set (I'd have to look back at the PM or email the info came in) - but that would keep Tamiya gears and the odd pitch, making pinions harder to find wouldn't it? If I wanted to go to a more standard gear pitch, does anyone have any suggestions on spurs that will work on this adapter?

And - can you continue to use the stock motor mount? Is there a set of holes that will give proper gear mesh? I've seen mention of fabricating a motor mount, but I'm not much of a fabricator.

Last edited by rctoyguy; 11-26-2012 at 08:56 PM. Reason: Added motor mount question
Old 12-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Tech Rookie

So I recently installed my 3 racing conversion, well my Celica GT body I spent months setting up the lights on. It no longer fits the wheelbase is way to short, does anyone know of a nice body I can get for it now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.