Wiki Posts
Search

Love Big Races-but too Long!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2005, 06:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kraig
Let me throw this out there. Every entry is $$ for the group holding the race. Any time you put limits on entries and limits on the amount of classes they loose out on the $$. So until entries start to fall off I don't think you will see limits on the amount of classes or entries allowed.

Thoughts?
Well I can tell you, that is the norm...
But I do know this...
Reedy is a Lotto draw to get in...Well except for invitational...
That way when you get in it is an honor and the prestige of the win is felt so much more than other races..
KO Grand Prix is limited and is one of the most sought after entries...Everyone is looking for the day entries begin....It is one of the best and funnest races out..
They run very tight races and has only two class....well minus the Reedy Invitational class.
But no stock...
Just 19T and Open Mod..
That is all that shoudl be run at BIG RACES....
Man we are talking about beign the fastest in the Nation, Region, Novak, Snowbirds, IIC, And on...
How many guys run both Stock and 19T Alot...Almost 80%
Why to have two classes to race.
If you are fast than a 19T will just prove it even better..
Stock must die at BIG EVENTS...
Think of it like this...
TC 19T
TC Mod
12th 19T
12th Mod
Lots of fun and heck I bet five to one.
You would have more guys running TC 19t and 12th 19t
As well as TC Mod and 12th Mod.
there you go..
No waiting because you are usign the same car...
There goes worring about not having batteries charged caus eyou would have time before the next class....
OK THERE IS MY RANT...
Hate me I care not...
Stock is for Novice and Intermediate.
Guys who win in stock can win in 19T.
Period...
-Shookie <><
Old 12-02-2005, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

dude the KO grand prix is just a fun race. Says so on the entry form. they limit the enteries so it will stay fun. The Reedy race is a limited race also true. but they went to the lotto system so peeps from other states can get in or have a chance to.

stock is for novice NOW that is funny. this comes from a sportsman stock driver

shook you crack me up
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
stock is for novice NOW that is funny. this comes from a sportsman stock driver shook you crack me up
Glad I could make you laugh Howie...
yea I race sportsman Stock cause that is the class that has the most entries..
If 19T would step it up...I would only be running it.
Plus this is more geared to LARGE EVENT...Geesh Howie didn't we have this talk on AIM......
Man I think you just love to publicly poke fun at other peoples expence...They have a condition for that you know...LOL
Just messing bro...
See ya at Toys 4 Tots..In Sportsman 19T....LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mr. Shookie
Glad I could make you laugh Howie...
yea I race sportsman Stock cause that is the class that has the most entries..
If 19T would step it up...I would only be running it.
Plus this is more geared to LARGE EVENT...Geesh Howie didn't we have this talk on AIM......
Man I think you just love to publicly poke fun at other peoples expence...They have a condition for that you know...LOL
Just messing bro...
See ya at Toys 4 Tots..In Sportsman 19T....LOL
-Shookie <><
I make fun of you off line to.

OH!!!!!! LARGE EVENTS??? my bad?

I just wish you would talk and reccomend from experience rather then from the seat of your pants

There is a condition for what you have also. I think its called....

Italkalotofyangbutdontknowcrapglycoma

sportsman 19t I wouldnt run with all you hackers

Peace& love Howie (.)(.)
Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
There is nothing I love more than people sitting around whining about an event, a week after the fact. I never asked for a DAMN THING while I was on the mic , except the occasional beverage, for the entire weekend. The only reason I asked for a drink was because I couldn't leave the booth. Steps will be taken next year to ensure that there is minimal delay due to racers running the same car in back to back mains. My thinking on that subject is that you should only run as many classes as you have cars for. Scoring issues stemmed from the location of the loop, that will also be remedied next year. In all actuality the ship was run pretty tight this year, but there were a few unforeseen delays. It is a MIRACLE when events that large run as well as they do. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I'm perfectly willing to listen to suggestions about how to improve things, but the incessant bitching from people who've never attempted to put on an event of this magnitude is uncalled for. If you didn't enjoy yourself for whatever reason, give it a shot next year and see if you have a better time. If not, stay home and find something else to bitch about.
I think I provided a tasty beverage for ya.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by howard hudson
I make fun of you off line to.

OH!!!!!! LARGE EVENTS??? my bad?

I just wish you would talk and reccomend from experience rather then from the seat of your pants

There is a condition for what you have also. I think its called....

Italkalotofyangbutdontknowcrapglycoma

sportsman 19t I wouldnt run with all you hackers

Peace& love Howie (.)(.)
Your just Bitter cause your old...I forgive you grampa.....
Experience is all you have felt...Oh wait that will slip soon...LOL
Nothing but love brotha...LOL
-Shookie <><
Old 12-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

ya Iam bitter cuz I am old and have Grandkids.

we now return this thread to regular topic !!!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There is nothing I love more than people sitting around whining about an event, a week after the fact. I never asked for a DAMN THING while I was on the mic , except the occasional beverage, for the entire weekend. The only reason I asked for a drink was because I couldn't leave the booth.
all this talk about drinks did you enjoy the www.rc50.com provided ho-hos?
Old 12-03-2005, 01:07 AM
Tech Elite

I wasn't in Cleveland, or the IIC (or any on-road race for that matter..haha) so I'm not pointing fingers, but I can attest to the announcer making ALL the difference between people complaining about the duration of the event.

If a race is ran through without a hitch, and the announcer seems to win over his audience for the whole week(end), it seems that complaints are much less abundant. I have been to races where the race direction was absolutely wretched.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=CypressMidWest]"I never asked for a DAMN THING while I was on the mic , except the occasional beverage, for the entire weekend. The only reason I asked for a drink was because I couldn't leave the booth."

I can't leave this unanswered. All weekend a person with a mic in their hand (not you) was asking for anything he could get...come on....that is not exactly professional behavior. He did end up with a bunch of stuff; car, shirts, etc, which he bragged about. Something like "now that I have a car I need electronics".

Not very cool
Old 12-04-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

While the one guy was kinda asking for stuff......not that big of deal in my mind....those guys are troopers.....21 hour days? It was nuts...I took them a killer 1.20 team pack and a shirt.....and he must of talked about my stuff 20 times, including even putting the cell right up to the camera so everyone could see the numbers.......sorry, was worth every penny and I am glad he did it.....advertising like that is priceless.....

Later EddieO
Old 12-04-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Adept

I am really not trying to stir the shitstorm up any more here, I just want to offer some perspective. I met you (quite briefly) this year and I have to say you are a pretty cool cat. This is not directed at you so please do not take this the wrong way.

There is nothing I love more than people sitting around whining about an event, a week after the fact.
There is a very good reason for this, to a lot of people this was a really big deal. Lots of time and money went in to preparing and attending this event.

I never asked for a DAMN THING while I was on the mic , except the occasional beverage, for the entire weekend. The only reason I asked for a drink was because I couldn't leave the booth.
You were obviously not the problem. Anyone who didn't have the TV on mute all week can agree with me there.

Steps will be taken next year to ensure that there is minimal delay due to racers running the same car in back to back mains. My thinking on that subject is that you should only run as many classes as you have cars for.
This is a great idea but I think there were other concerns throughout the week. On two days I watched my first run in 12th stock get pushed back constantly. When I woke up my heat was running in about 90 minutes, in reality I didn't even get in to tech for nearly 3 hours. What creates the problem? I have no idea but it's still a problem when my last heat is going off at midnight.

Scoring issues stemmed from the location of the loop, that will also be remedied next year.
I really hope so, from what's been said here it looks like that loop cost a really nice guy his A-Main run. That's got to leave a sour taste in people's mouths to think that after all the work, money and traveling they could easily be cast a main lower over something as simple as the scoring loop.

In all actuality the ship was run pretty tight this year, but there were a few unforeseen delays. It is a MIRACLE when events that large run as well as they do. Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. I'm perfectly willing to listen to suggestions about how to improve things, but the incessant bitching from people who've never attempted to put on an event of this magnitude is uncalled for.
This statement I have a problem with. You really can't go with the "you try organizing it" attitude because that isn't what these people signed up for. Think of all the people who attended as customers, they paid to race at a top notch event. Due to numerous issues many of those "customers" are unhappy, you can't say "well do it yourself then" to your "customers" or they are just going to find another place to get what they want.

An event like this should be like any other tangible "sale", people should leave happy and wanting to return.

If you didn't enjoy yourself for whatever reason, give it a shot next year and see if you have a better time. If not, stay home and find something else to bitch about.
Following my previous statement, I think this is the wrong thing to say here. I know people will always attend the Champs but why do anything that can take away from the prestige this event has had for the past 25 years?

To conclude I have to say that I still had a good time but in certain ways I was a little let down. The last time I attended the champs with around 98' and it really has changed a lot since then, I found myself really missing the way it was.

Nick
Old 12-04-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

hi all:i agree with don,paul and mr. shookie you all hit it right on the money so to speek i love the big events but i to think it should be a fri-sat-sun show only to keep cost down and give more people a relistic chance to get out of work or school to attend.all we can do to keep cost down will go along way to grow the sport of rc racing.