Wiki Posts
Search

2006 Snowbirds

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2006, 07:13 AM
Tech Master

Hello racers... just a month away until the racing! Check out the racer list:

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/2006entrants.htm

We are so excited to bring the 12th annual Snowbird Nationals this year. Many new racers from around the world are coming. Racers from 34 states signed up. An awesome week is just around the corner.

Entries are filling up fast. We are closing in on 600 it appears. CYA soon!!

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/
Old 01-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, I wish I could make it this year, sounds like it's going to be a blast. Looking at the entry list, it will be a good challenge to the DSM users to see if anyone hits the 80th backup channel. Seems 1/4-1/3 of the entrys are using DSM!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

rcthunder.. I tried to register and pay online last night... it kept saying time expired... tried numerous times.. i hope not to miss this race. i ve been attending this race for the past 4 years..

i wanted to pay online to make sure i would be in.... if i send through mail it may be too late for the amount of people registering...

PM Me if need to..
thanks
Old 01-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCFREAK
rcthunder.. I tried to register and pay online last night... it kept saying time expired... tried numerous times.. i hope not to miss this race. i ve been attending this race for the past 4 years..

i wanted to pay online to make sure i would be in.... if i send through mail it may be too late for the amount of people registering...

PM Me if need to..
thanks

You better not miss the Fun, I mean race! LOL
Old 01-11-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

John - Yes I was surprised with the amount of Spektrums signed up. Last year it was almost brand new.. next year might be the whole race??? To think how racing has evolved... from hand counters to ambs to personals... its cool. I have some faint memories of racing, couting, then turn marshalling.

RcFreak - you can email me at [email protected]. But I am sure you will have time to get it in even if you mail it. But email me and we can get it figured out. Wouldn't want to miss a Snowbird veteran from racing in it!!!

Imprsme - it is fun for sure. Lots of unbelievable racing and tough competition but hopefully fun for everyone. Thanks!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:48 AM
Team Tekin

Tekin plans to attend. Look forward to seeing you all there.

Tekin Prez
Old 01-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Tech Champion

Old 01-12-2006, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

rcthunder... registration all taken care of. thanks for your response.

impresme... yeah brudahh... im in.

lots of names coming this weekend. will have to race with ya @the birdz!!

rcfreak
Old 01-13-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Mike posted this on the Snowbirds chat

Re: Baby Bolan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well great news... not only did we save 15 percent by switching to Geico - but Julie had a wonderful baby girl. Everything went perfect. The baby is in excellent health. Her name is Emily Sue Boylan (named after our moms) and came in 7.7 pds and 20.5 inches. WOW. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. Miracles do happen and I am so happy to have so many great friends with RC racing. We just got back to our room - family still hasn't seen her yet.

and he posted pictures here

http://www.snowbirdnationals.com/thunder

A huge congratulations goes out to Mike and Julie
Old 01-18-2006, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Default Snowbird Speed Week

The race is getting close. We are close to 700 entries now and starting to fill some classes. Some notes from Snowbird Speed Week:

Saturday Feb. 4th: The live Thunder race cam will be up so you can tune in and see the crew getting things ready.
Tuesday Feb 7th: 4am official practice begins. Live practice times will be put on the web with current standings, fastest laps, more.
Wednesday Feb 8th: the On-Road club race.
Thursday Feb 9th: the Oval club race.
Friday Feb 10th: Qualifying begins.
Sunday Feb 12th: The Mains.

- Racers from around the World and over 2/3rds of the country are coming for some unbelievable racing competition!

- The best of the best and all of racing's top teams are going to be here.

- Over 50 race sponsors are coming to support the race and the racers!
Make sure to see the teams, talk to their drivers, see their products.

-Xtreme RC is coming to do complete coverage for their magazine and other mags are too. The race will be advertised world-wide.

-Mike Rooney from Steel City Hobbies will be filming the races available for sale. He also is working on footage for a possible RC show on Cable!

-Jeff Maturo from RCTV will be doing interviews, product showcases, more. He's working on an RC show for Speed Channel and PBS.

-The announcer from the Hooters Pro Cup Series Gene Crane is here to help announce and will be doing winner interviews from all mains.

-The girls from Pointe Orlando HOOTERS will be here during the week to see the racers and hand out specials.

-Miss Snowbird girls will be available for pictures Sunday and will be in the award presentations. We also have a new Winner's Circle podium.

-The Concourse event takes place Sunday. Make sure to see the awesome cars and enter if you wish - it's free!

-Club races are a great pre-race show of competition and bragging rights. See them live on-line. See who's fast leading up to the 'birds!

-We have new Victory Lane crystal crescent awards to winners that have the winner's picture and a cool diecast car all included.

-All winners get their winning body on display at Race Rock for one year. A great way to showcase winners sponsors and RC racing in general.

-There is a new bar trackside with pool tables and more will host many memories from the race for years to come. Food is there also.

-All the race results will be available on-line with practice results, standings, graphs, car information, top 10's, more.

-We will have a live webcam with audio and video all week. People at home can tune in to hear the action and see live video from the race.

-There will be driver interviews, product showcases, more that will be available on-line with scheduled viewing times.

Just a few things to look forward to. Can't wait!
Mike
Old 01-19-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

let's get this stickied.

its time to get working on the cars.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

As of 2 days ago:

369 different racers signed up
37 states represented
10 countries

We have a bunch to update the past few days.

It's going to be a great week!
Old 01-19-2006, 10:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

www.rc50.com will be there too... I'll have qualifer video and pictures
Old 01-19-2006, 12:04 PM
Tech Master

Thanks a ton Nash - awesome!!
Old 01-19-2006, 01:14 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Moving this thread to the top as speed week approaches.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.