Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Any current TCs fully dialed out of the box? >

Any current TCs fully dialed out of the box?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any current TCs fully dialed out of the box?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Tech Elite

The best racers came out to the JMRCA champs last week. HB and Yokomo were fastest w/ Tamiya putting a few cars high up in the rankings. Losi, Corally, and Xray didn't have anyone who could run w/ Marc R., Hara, or Masami.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sam_Smith
That'll be the 20wt oil kit std makes it sluggish and easy to drive.

Every car should be worked on but a good kit setup helps to get you going on tuning it for your liking.
I forgot I did change the shock oil
Old 11-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Three letters .................

R D X
Old 11-16-2005, 07:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

It is not possible to have a kit set up that is dialed for every driver on every track in the world. A kit is just that, a kit. It's up to you to make it work like you want it to.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:33 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
The best racers came out to the JMRCA champs last week. HB and Yokomo were fastest w/ Tamiya putting a few cars high up in the rankings. Losi, Corally, and Xray didn't have anyone who could run w/ Marc R., Hara, or Masami.

the only reason that losi, corally or x-ray wasnt there is you have to qualify earlier in the year at another event only in japan....america has a bunch of guys aon any given day will beat these guys...hodapp had the 2004 reedy race won due to a rule that was changed befor the event than changed again after the race...yokomo has only of a couple of drivers they suck , i know two in cali...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

lol are you for real? Masami sucks? I'm not taking anything away from our American drivers, but they cannot outrun Hara or Masami. They have a whole team dedicated to just them, whereas AE and Losi share resources.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
lol are you for real? Masami sucks? I'm not taking anything away from our American drivers, but they cannot outrun Hara or Masami. They have a whole team dedicated to just them, whereas AE and Losi share resources.
in cali dummy, masami and i go way back , but yokomo still has no team only in japan ....get over your self the car sucks no finishes in the us so far
Old 11-17-2005, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I've tweaked the out of the box settings on my FT TC4 by only .5 degree in camber all the way around. Other then that it's box stock setup and dialed-in on my local asphalt track.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Tech Elite

The "sucky" BD was "sucky" enough to win the BRCA national championship this year.

I wish my car "sucked" that badly!
Old 11-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I would go with the Pro4 out of the box as being the closest car......
Drive train very free without doing all the tricks like a my TC3/4....
Old 11-17-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Every car is "dialed" right out of the box. You just have to search for the track that it's "dialed" on. Anyone who has driven several cars can tell you that the set-up has to fit your driving style. You can't just run Barry Baker's Vegas set-up and expect to win next week. Unless you're Barry Baker and you're racing in Vegas next week. TC-3/TC-4 felt good to me because they were comfortable. They were also slow. I was faster with the Xray05 but it was at the edge of control. The RDX suits me well. That doesn't mean that it's the best car out of the box or even the best car. BTW, Masami and Hara could win with anything. It doesn't hurt that the factories are designing cars around them.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have to tell you that my TC4 was really good out of the box. It was even better when I converted to BMI. One thing I will point out is that most people who think their car is dialed in stock are not going fast enough to relize that the setup is off.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sosidge
The "sucky" BD was "sucky" enough to win the BRCA national championship this year.

I wish my car "sucked" that badly!
AMEN,

Best car with a box setup is the BD no question imo

Just because yokomousa dont have any good drivers doesnt mean the 'car' sucks
Old 11-17-2005, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bobby J
in cali dummy, masami and i go way back , but yokomo still has no team only in japan ....get over your self the car sucks no finishes in the us so far
Dude, learn how to type before you get pissed next time. No one can understand what you're trying to say. Congrats on the Masami friendship Any other names you want to drop to try and impress me?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks for all the replies so far

Sorry if anyone misunderstood my intentions with this post. I really did not intend for this to become another "which car is best in the world" thread, and for the most part it isn't yet.

Stiltskin made a good point that every car is dialed for some track. With my Team TC4, I'm sure a big track with very few and very gentle turns would have suited it well as it was fairly stable in a straight line and certainly seemed fast in a straight line.

In my area, most of the asphalt tracks are of the parking lot variety, so there is a 40 to 70 foot long straight and then lots of twists and turns from the end of that straight back to the beginning of the straight.

It was in this environment that I could not get my TC4 to turn in well. As a result, I had to slow down much more than others going into and around the twists and turns in order to get through that portion of the track. Accelerating out of the turns was no problem. The car would start to run a bit wide, but as long as there was room on the track to take up that drift, no problem.

On the other hand, the Losi is much better able to carry speed into tight turns and still turn in enough to get through the turns. It also transitions and responds very quickly. The problem now is, as I said, accelerating out of the turns as the back end steps out, spins around and puts the car into a loop.

I have been reluctant to order the "BK" brackets and all the other parts necessary to get the Losi into the much praised "Numan setup" simply because I'm worried that I will spend all the time and money and it still won't solve the problem. I will probably go forward with the necessary changes, but of course another frustration is that Losi keeps promising revised suspension arms that will eliminate the need to order 3rd party brackets, but never seems to deliver. Anyway, I hope this will solve the problem. If not, I'll be back asking for more advice.

Thanks,
Ira

P.S. I'll probably be in Japan in a few weeks, so I may just pick up a Tamiya TRF415 Refine 2 if I see a screaming deal as some have suggested might exist.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.