Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tape -vs- battery brace "To tweak or not to tweak is the question"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005, 10:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just use the new TC4 battery strapping kit.
http://www.rc10.com/enlarge/31126.htm

Old 11-16-2005, 10:55 PM
Tech Master

I like tape....If someone won you to the line,you could still reuse the tape on the hairs on his legs.... Just kidding...

Personally,I prefer tape.Cause its lighter.Most current tourers having cells to one side has already made it very heavy on the battery side and having shrinking electronics that we use,I see it important to have a R & L balance.

Thats how I feel...
Old 11-17-2005, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats true, but when you have to add 100grams of weight to make the weight requirements (at least where I am), you can distribute it to get the L R balance, even with the battery strap.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dontfeelcold
I used tape for the first time on my Cyclone the other day. I hate it compared to using a battery strap. I never had problems with my 04 Xray with the battery straps causing it to tweak. But I have had problems with my Pro4 and tweak and I use a battery strap. I might give the tape with the Pro4 a go.

I dont like the fact that tape tears the labels on the cells. Any tips to avoid this apart from reheat shrinking the cells?

I want to make myself a battery strap for my cyclone (from black nylon). Make it very thin with bits that hang off the side of the strap to stop the cells from ejecting. This way you dont need to clamp the cells in.
If you have PRO 4....isn't the kit came with a battery guard that you can mount it to the side of the batteries and prevent the batteries fly out...?
When I was running the Pro 4...my batteries flew out 2 times...because I put the strap on with only 1 body clip, and did that 2 times in 1 day............
Old 11-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Tech Adept

My first TC was a Pro4.I used the battery strap that came with the kit.Not only did my batteries fly out in a crash, the chassis had a bad tweak . That is when I went to tape.
I NEVER lost another battery in the Pro4 and have yet to eject one in my FK05!!!
The last thing you want is to have a battery come out.Things get all nasty.(smell colour etc..)
Cool thing to see if it's not YOUR car!!!
Also seen some batteries bring the esc and receiver along with them.
Tape for me all the way.
Old 11-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

I use fiberglass strapping tape, and it costs about .99 cents per roll. THis is the strongest tape I have ever used in my life, and the stickiest.
Old 11-17-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jasong
I use fiberglass strapping tape, and it costs about .99 cents per roll. THis is the strongest tape I have ever used in my life, and the stickiest.
Ditto. I'm old school and this is what I used 10 years ago before this fancy resuable stuff was around. Still works perfect for me.

To all the people whinning about taping, it's realy easy with a little practice.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:05 PM
Tech Regular

I can't believe you guys are calling tape overpriced at $12! Over here in the UK a roll of the xennon/trickbits stuff costs £12.99, which is about $22