Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2003, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lee you will like the EVO over the Pro3 I had one for a short while and tried to find all kinds of set-up on it and never could find a happy place with it (not bashing but it wasn't the car for me)

Both of your choices M2 or EVO are a solid one good luck and let us know your choice

Dan
Old 02-17-2003, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

dan, just thought that you might like to know that they are postponing/reconsidering the release of the light weight bulkheads for the 414.

check out rainbow ten under the r/c news section for Nao's explaination.

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Elite

i will also send you a cool avatar in your email so oyu can use it here on the forum.

peter
Old 02-17-2003, 10:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Then people will have to look a the same grin you have on your face(haha)

Interesting I'll have to send Troy some parts to re-manufacture

I'll get the pic at the office e-mail in the A.M.

D
Old 02-17-2003, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by lee82gx
peter:
im VERY excited about it too...
and please stay around to help us not so non-sponsored plain fun rc'ers..
b4 this i was running a Pro 3 with 300 bucks of upgrades..
and was offered cash 250 for it so i took the chance and voila im here trying to buy a shaft car.
main reasons why:
1.I have loved Tamiya ever since i know the words Toy & hobby
2.i want a shaft car
3.it has just been released not ending it's cycle.
4.i want a full blown racing kit.

Lee
you will most definately be satisfied with the EVO over the Pro 3. i have only heard a handfull of people say good things about the pro 3, and even they were not completely satisified.

dan,

i have an R/C World that has Muira's instrutions of the places to remove material from the bulkheads, thus making the relief cuts identical to the bulkheads that you would get with the WCR kit.

peter
Old 02-18-2003, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

I have some new thought with the root cause of the one way gear problem.

I found that there is some wears on the graphite plate which connecting the two steering arms. This mean the central shaft of TB3 wihh contact this graphite plate in some situation since there is some same wear in the shaft too. I guess this is caused when vigorous hit happen. The vigorous hit bends the chassis and also the central shaft. As a result a force will generate inside the front bevel gear and cause the incorrect gear mesh. I have check the bearing used in the bevel gear, the 'C" spring for the cover in both side are wear out.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mr4-tc sp
I have some new thought with the root cause of the one way gear problem.

I found that there is some wears on the graphite plate which connecting the two steering arms. This mean the central shaft of TB3 wihh contact this graphite plate in some situation since there is some same wear in the shaft too. I guess this is caused when vigorous hit happen. The vigorous hit bends the chassis and also the central shaft. As a result a force will generate inside the front bevel gear and cause the incorrect gear mesh. I have check the bearing used in the bevel gear, the 'C" spring for the cover in both side are wear out.
i think that you would have to be hitting something head on at full throtle with a 6 turn motor for this kaind of damage to be happening...

i would go through your car and see if you can find what is allowing the shaft to hit that graphite link between the streering bellcranks...i.e. loose screws from the bottom of the chassis somewhere would be my guess.

peter
Old 02-18-2003, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

dan,

you didn't go with the clarvoyant/mind reader avatar...

p
Old 02-18-2003, 11:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by peter_robinson
you will most definately be satisfied with the EVO over the Pro 3. i have only heard a handfull of people say good things about the pro 3, and even they were not completely satisified.

dan,

i have an R/C World that has Muira's instrutions of the places to remove material from the bulkheads, thus making the relief cuts identical to the bulkheads that you would get with the WCR kit.

peter
I heard Muira's no longer with Tamiya...now working for HPI to help develope and refine the Pro4.
Old 02-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Tech Elite

well from my trip to the tamiya worlds, i learned from our interpreter/guide that there are two Muira's working for tamiya, one is the developer/designer of the 414M and MII (hence that version of the car being designated as M(uira))

the other is the driver that you can often see making the a-mains at the same big japnese races that satoshi, and surikarn attend.

but i am not certain wheter or not either have left the team...could be true...or could just be a rumor.

peter
Old 02-18-2003, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
I heard Muira's no longer with Tamiya...now working for HPI to help develope and refine the Pro4.

Zombies....aren't your forgeting one more Tamiya Driver that will swich to HPI to ( wink wink ).. Can't let the cat out of the bag just yet...

-Dave
Old 02-18-2003, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Zombies....aren't your forgeting one more Tamiya Driver that will swich to HPI to ( wink wink ).. Can't let the cat out of the bag just yet...

-Dave
yea..you can tell me...
It's David Jun...?
Old 02-18-2003, 12:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Talking Can't say just yet

Originally posted by rc-zombies
yea..you can tell me...
It's David Jun...?
I'll tell ya in about .....hmmmm a week or so

-Dave
Old 02-18-2003, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

I recon the WC will be next to leave Tamiya as he has yet to be confirmed for the Reedy race here in the UK and it is not on untill he is confirmed. Rick
Old 02-18-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by peter_robinson
well from my trip to the tamiya worlds, i learned from our interpreter/guide that there are two Muira's working for tamiya, one is the developer/designer of the 414M and MII (hence that version of the car being designated as M(uira))

the other is the driver that you can often see making the a-mains at the same big japnese races that satoshi, and surikarn attend.

but i am not certain wheter or not either have left the team...could be true...or could just be a rumor.

peter

According to Thad Gardner from HPI:

The driver/developer you are inquiring about is Masayuki Miura. He is now working with Hot Bodies and Hara to develop the Hara product line and help HPI to gain the TC world title in 2004. Miura has been accredited to surikan’s worlds win and actually finished in the top ten at the worlds last year. With Hara and Miura working together and with other HPI drivers I can predict a bevy of podium finishes in the future.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.