Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 03:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default rtype is right.

Ceramics are a waste of money because cleaned out surikarn bearings are so smooth and free its not even funny.My car spins for like 10-12 seconds and I was not even trying to get the car that free.But if you must have ceramics,Go for it.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I've seen Rod's Evo 3 spin for about 20 secs... ceramics it is.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default ok......

some people and pissing contests.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

When you have to race against the best, you need nothing but the best... Rod has been bringing it to me lately, and when I go to race at Tamiya against their factory drivers it's going to be even worse. Just trying to get the drivetrain as free as it can be.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

What springs and swaybars are included on the Surikarn kit? Are the stock pistons the ones to run?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I have try put on some alloy extra heavy wheels on my evo3, it spins for a minute.... I only use bearings that "made in China"!
Was that important about how long the car spins?? I do think the Tamiya bearings are already very smooth and durable. The truth is, cheap bearings can let you change it more frequently, you can keep to condition good by replace them. But expensive bearing, I m not really sure if they are really worth the price, but you may not be able to change it every month or even every week due to economical constrain - unless you really have plenty money don't know where to spend (if really, PM me, I'll help you about that).
Bearing are not something durable. most bearings installed on the outside of the front rear upright will have problem after a slight crash on the wheel, believe me, unless you always keep your car running in the centre line of the track, you'll sure hit (may be the wheel give a gentle "goodnight kiss" to the trackside) the wheels on the trackside once or twice or even more in a race, that's sort of slight crash that already capable to made that bearing dead, even those crazy expansive TC3 telfon bearings.
Next time, if you guys wanna compare about how long the wheel spins, I'll put 4 monster trucks wheels on my TB3...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

I finally got the extra stiff (white) springs seperately!!
it usually come with a set.... but I have already got the other 3 hardness...
thank god...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randman
What springs and swaybars are included on the Surikarn kit? Are the stock pistons the ones to run?

Randman, stick with the kit bearings. They are very nice. Yes, I've run ceramics, yes they spin forever, and yes the cost an arm a leg and a left nut...Would I run them again? maybe...but at that price, definately not.

The kit comes with ALL sway bars that you need. You may want to get a couple of complete spring kits.

Also the pistons I use at socal are 3-hole...the kit ones. At Tamiya, I use 2-hole for whatever reasons.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Ko Racer
well is the evo III pink or red i see you have it pink in your listings
It is red... Randman told you...
but I m going to tell you that... that red I really don't like it... so I gotta change it into blue...
Old 09-04-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

When you have to race against the best, you need nothing but the best... Rod has been bringing it to me lately, and when I go to race at Tamiya against their factory drivers it's going to be even worse.
Umm yeah, I'm slow. DJ can and HAS hand my a$$ to me with a broken and ill-handling car. Factory drivers are that talented

Also, the Tamiya Track is really laid back. We don't have races there every weekend. Just every now and then we have a throwdown for bragging rights and the choice of dinner location hehe.
Old 09-04-2003, 03:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rtypec
Randman, stick with the kit bearings. They are very nice. Yes, I've run ceramics, yes they spin forever, and yes the cost an arm a leg and a left nut...Would I run them again? maybe...but at that price, definately not.

The kit comes with ALL sway bars that you need. You may want to get a couple of complete spring kits.

Also the pistons I use at socal are 3-hole...the kit ones. At Tamiya, I use 2-hole for whatever reasons.
Like I was telling you, I've been wanting to try the Acer bearings, so I just went ahead and ordered a set... Hopefully I can get my car as free as you have your stock class car

Does the car include yellow springs?
Old 09-04-2003, 03:49 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by rtypec
Umm yeah, I'm slow. DJ can and HAS hand my a$$ to me with a broken and ill-handling car. Factory drivers are that talented

Also, the Tamiya Track is really laid back. We don't have races there every weekend. Just every now and then we have a throwdown for bragging rights and the choice of dinner location hehe.
Funny how we can have a great day and have a good race going, and somehow a factory driver on a slow day would kill us... I guess all we can do is keep practicing
Old 09-04-2003, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Like I was telling you, I've been wanting to try the Acer bearings, so I just went ahead and ordered a set... Hopefully I can get my car as free as you have your stock class car

Does the car include yellow springs?
It's okay, the ceramic bearings should last a long time anyways. Yes the kit comes with yellow springs

If you don't use the bearings that it comes with. Just bring em up next time you race at slocal. We'll see what we can work out.
Old 09-04-2003, 04:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Cool, I'll bring the stockers up there, I'm hoping to be up there racing on Tuesday with the new car... Gotta work fast on sealing the chassis up
Old 09-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

yup, comes with yellow springs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.