Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up took a Big risk....And its good.

Steevo is right.Although I like buying stuff from speedtech{awsome guy}I bought one from hobbymania on Steevo's
recommendation.I couldn't wait.It got here in three days{paid for speed post}I paid about 300.00 shipped and all I can say is Hobbymania is for real.Nice guy with awsome communication.
Got it today and ordered it last friday,he sent it out this last monday.Awsome.He is in Hong kong and I am in california by the way.
Old 01-08-2003, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
We'll get the car kits as soon as the US supplier have them. I have a feeling it will be less than $300 (I hope) Tower's price seems a bit too high.

I'm definitely going to concentrate on having part support for the EVOIII line, so look for those on our website soon.

rtypec,

you're joking right?

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Steve, any idea of when you might have things like...outdrives in stock? (not that I have broken any yet.

John

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tamiyatrf/
Old 01-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I checked out Hobbymania but don't see anything about the EVO3. Am I missing something ??
Old 01-08-2003, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default EVO-III $290.00

You can get the Evo-III for only $290.00 + $25.00 shipping from RcModel.

http://shopping.rcmodel.com.hk/eshop...ts.asp?page=3#

I've ordered from them over a handful of times. Never had any problems. Tell Terence I sent you and he'll give the best of service...
Old 01-08-2003, 05:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: took a Big risk....And its good.

Originally posted by racenut123
Steevo is right.Although I like buying stuff from speedtech{awsome guy}I bought one from hobbymania on Steevo's
recommendation.I couldn't wait.It got here in three days{paid for speed post}I paid about 300.00 shipped and all I can say is Hobbymania is for real.Nice guy with awsome communication.
Got it today and ordered it last friday,he sent it out this last monday.Awsome.He is in Hong kong and I am in california by the way.
I know what you mean about being risky when you order from somewhere you have never dealt with or probably heard of before. I am glad that you went ahead though and bought from Andy. He is a top bloke and his service is second to none!! So now I hope you'll tell all your friends. I am a frequent buyer and get a good discount which i am sure he will give to any other of his frequent buyers.

rcpigz.... the EVO III is not actually advertised on hobbymania site but just go to the link and email Andy and ask him if he has any left in stock.... He had sold a few last time I had spoken to him but he might have a couple left or have some coming in shortly.

Steevo
Old 01-08-2003, 09:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Battery Slots in Chassis

Good evening fellas,

Damn I feel like a newbie! I can't even build a Tamiya Car

I just started sanding and gluing the carbon bits of my Evo3 and I came accross something that is a bit unclear in the directions. If you look carefully at the instructions on step one, it illustrates a circled slot with the edges squared up like this [] In order to fit saddlepacks within the chassis did you guys square up the battery cutouts with a file/sandpaper or did you leave it as is? Any feedback that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

p.s. I used non-hazing CA and the edges dried kinda dull. I'm going back over it with some Loctite CA to give it that nice shine
Old 01-08-2003, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

madjack,

I should have quite a few parts in stock in about 2-3 weeks time (hopefully less) but as soon as I get them in, it'll be listed on the website. I hope I can support the EVOIII owners here with parts

rtypec,

you're such a rookie!! j/k...honestly, I haven't even had the time to build my own EVOIII yet it's still sitting on my desk, in the box...

Steve Wang
Speed Tech R/C
www.speedtechrc.com
Old 01-08-2003, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default EVO 3 Pic!

Hey Guys!

I finished my car with a brushless setup at the moment. I placed support rods up front suspension just like the 414m2. I like this set up, keeps the front end tight with less slop.

Initial runs are......awesome...can't wait to get to the track....whats up TypeR!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution III-evo3brushless.jpg  
Old 01-08-2003, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Izzy,

If I buy separate turnbuckles for the torque rods which length do I need?

Thanks,
Pizza
Old 01-08-2003, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

To All,

Anybody allready balanced the car?
What is about the weight distribution (in gms) for this car?

Pizza
Old 01-08-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by PizzaDude
Izzy,

If I buy separate turnbuckles for the torque rods which length do I need?

Thanks,
Pizza
I just got lucky and found spares in my parts box and I just kind of eyed them when I put it in. But it looks like anywhere from 30mm to 35mm will be good too go!
If your racing TCS, just make sure your getting Tamiya brands.
Old 01-09-2003, 03:31 AM
Tech Adept

Default Very impressive

I did some minor testing on the EVO 3 this past tues at my local race track. And I must say that I was very impressed at how the car handled out of the box. Before testing, I was kinda worried about the car having that "right hand turn twitch" because of the way the batteries are positioned left instead of right like most tc's. Boy was I wrong. The car was amazing, consistant handling throught my whole run. I can't wait to get back on the track to do more. Hey Rod! save me a seat next for next week. Take care Dan!
Old 01-09-2003, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey J, did you see my question that I posted last night? It's about the battery slots. What did you end up doing and did you ever figure out how not to short batteries?

Also, I'm going to TA today to pick up all the Aluminum and Ti bits...Unfortunately they don't make a 3x28mm or 3x42mm ti turnbuckle so I guess I'll be using the steel ones for now.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Battery Slots

rtypec,

I used a small flat file and filed a 45 degree angle into all 24 corners and barely rounded all the edges!! Then I finished with sandpaper and Zap CA and it left a very smooth, shiny finish. I hope that helps!!! Sorry no camera for a pic. The file I used was not too aggressive and about 1/2" wide. Be careful as I didnt take off that much and my Panasonic UMH's were already flush with bottom.

Ray
Old 01-09-2003, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey J, did you see my question that I posted last night? It's about the battery slots. What did you end up doing and did you ever figure out how not to short batteries?

Also, I'm going to TA today to pick up all the Aluminum and Ti bits...Unfortunately they don't make a 3x28mm or 3x42mm ti turnbuckle so I guess I'll be using the steel ones for now.
R, I'll post pics later this morning of my car. I ended up using a strip of Associated chassis protection tape over the battery slot area. (it has been my fav. with carbon chassis cars for quite a while)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.