Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2003, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by itchynads
There are at least 5 at the club that I race which is a fair number

Oh tommorow's club meet will be the first time I run the Evo3S so I can't comment on its performance. It sure does look pretty
yeah, its just the only think i ever hear is how nice it looks, but being pretty alone wont win the race. i can't wait to hear someones opion who has both of them.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by GTMilenko
yeah, its just the only think i ever hear is how nice it looks, but being pretty alone wont win the race. i can't wait to hear someones opion who has both of them.
Being pretty is worth at least 0.001sec per lap and being prety and red is worth 0.002sec per lap.

I'll be trying mine out as well tomorrow, see you there itchy... fingers crossed for the weather.

Tony
Old 06-21-2003, 03:29 AM
DZ
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default gear box

Hi guys,

Can someone help me, i just finished building my evo3se, but when i tighten the gear box the drive train becomes tight. is this common in evo3's, i've got the evo 2 and have had no such problems

Does it just need to be run in or is there a fix.

oh in Australia we are having a winter nats next week and apparently Surikarn is coming. Thats the goss can't confirm or deny. It's big news for us down under.

Cheers DZ
Old 06-21-2003, 04:27 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: gear box

Originally posted by DZ
oh in Australia we are having a winter nats next week and apparently Surikarn is coming. Thats the goss can't confirm or deny. It's big news for us down under.

Cheers DZ

DZ i got my EVO3 SURIKARN today and i'm not gonna built it or even open up the little box with the shiney bits ......

take a big hint dude.

tom

ps: i'll be taking a silver posca.....know what i'm sayen!
Old 06-21-2003, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Default bumper substitute?

hi! i got a used tb evo3 from a friend and the bumper seems to be worn out( the foam and the plastic one) can i substitute the bumper of a ta04? will this fit? any suggestions? i'm looking for a substitute since i'm having a hard time finding a spare for this, thanks guys.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: gear box

Originally posted by DZ
Hi guys,

Can someone help me, i just finished building my evo3se, but when i tighten the gear box the drive train becomes tight. is this common in evo3's, i've got the evo 2 and have had no such problems

Does it just need to be run in or is there a fix.

Cheers DZ
It could be the crown gear on the end of the shaft is not sitting in the bearing properly make sure that a tiny bit of the plastic read protrudes from the bearing and that it's sitting properly.

The diff cases should not be over tightened either, just snug.

See how that goes.

And I may need to take a silver posca myself.

Tony
Old 06-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Good Morning All!
Could someone supply a good setup for asphalt/parking lot . It's a new track so I don't know the grip. Lets assume medium to high. Stock 27t. CS27 tires are my usual choice. track layout changes every month but usually pretty technical with only 1 long straight of 100 to 125 ft.
Bought this car used and it was set up for carpet. I made it through the first 25 or so pages of this thread but finally figured I'd just ask for help.LOL Thanks, Dino
Old 06-21-2003, 02:53 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Evoracer
Good Morning All!
Could someone supply a good setup for asphalt/parking lot . It's a new track so I don't know the grip. Lets assume medium to high. Stock 27t. CS27 tires are my usual choice. track layout changes every month but usually pretty technical with only 1 long straight of 100 to 125 ft.
Bought this car used and it was set up for carpet. I made it through the first 25 or so pages of this thread but finally figured I'd just ask for help.LOL Thanks, Dino
i have discovered someones dream setup can be someone else nightmare setup. it depends on your driving style.
try the out of the box setup and work from there, i presume you have the manaul? this car is dialed straight out of the box.
first thing you could start changing is springs. generaly understeer can be corrected with stiffer rear springs(or softer front) and the opposite for oversteer. hope this helps.
enjoy your new car its a good one.
Old 06-21-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by Kenshin
Umm izzyracer, I think he was disagreeing with smash123 who was defending the statement that you have made.

Now enough of this, and let's get back to business! err I mean, cars, the Evo III.
Kenshin,
I understood your point, it comes from a consumers perspective. Thats why I did not say anything against it. Smash123 also has a great point, and it appears he understood what I said. I have experience both being a seller and a consumer. That's why I said what I said.
I only made statements as a personal opinion, not against anybody. Steve is a business man with a very good business model. He has the know how and the ability to rake what this new way of doing business over the internet vs your conventional way of doing business locally. I am still more of a hobby consumer than a seller, thus it makes me happy when I also get the best deal. So kudos to Steve who gives us great prices.
As for you Kenshin. Just keep an open mind, respect peoples statements. I respected yours did'nt I? regardless of where you stand there is always an advantage and disadvantage. You get it from Steve you get it lower but you have to wait. My customers get it fast and is able to enjoy it earlier than anybody else, but they have to pay a bit more.
Sorry for the forum readers that wanted this to stay as an EVO3 thread. Please let's go back talking about EVO 3 now.
Old 06-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default you got a pm......

I sent you a message izzy.....
Old 06-22-2003, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default Speedtech you have a pm.

Steve,

I sent you a pm.....

Thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 01:15 PM
Tech Regular

another question, the high the camber link hole you use the lower the role centre is right? thanks
someone must know?
Old 06-22-2003, 02:18 PM
Tech Regular

someone must know?
YES
Old 06-22-2003, 02:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by gcooper
YES
great, thanks
Old 06-22-2003, 05:47 PM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by defMondo
And I may need to take a silver posca myself.
Heathens...

If ya gotta scribble something, lose the Posca and use a genuine TamiyaColor paint marker.

The "Chrome Silver" works great!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.